The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Help with new Khajiit > Nightblade...lost?

BuzzZaw60
BuzzZaw60
Hello and Good Afternoon

I recently started a Khajiit > Nightblade to offset my main...a Breton > Sorcerer which is standard with almost all points going to majika. But I'm having questions as to how and where to pool my points. I'm sort of at the crossroad of which way I want and need to go....at Level 10 and sitting on 5 skill points.

I've seen and read guides with several races able to play Nightblade and with several suggestions on how to spread your points along with skill set to focus on. The Khajiit skill revolves around stamina and medium armor along with stealth and melee. However the skill of Nightblade needs some pool of majika or at least that's what I see....am I correct on that?

So how should I allocate my points...something like a 3-3-1 (Stamina - Health - Majika) ratio and put points in medium armor, Dual Weld or something else? Or bulk up with Stamina and then equally with health and majika? Plus a few of the skills on the Nightblade tree swap majika for stamina and which leaves you wondering which way to go.

FWIW...I'm just doing PvE now and trying to focus on the Dual Weld concept. Thanks for any help and suggestions

Best Answers

• BuzzZaw60
    BuzzZaw60
    Thank you...that helps a lot. At this point being still early, I assume I should still concentrate on the Dual Weld aspect and not wonder into the Bow?

With the NB Skills, it seems Assassination and Shadow lean more to the use of Stamina while Syphon leans toward a magic build. Do you use all three equally or lean toward one or two sets?
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main and favorite is my Khajiit stamblade. Welcome to the club. Cats b4 brats. Or whatever, lol. Some tips per,your questions:

- just put all attribute points into stamina and never think about this aspect of the game ever again. An attribute point is worth 115 in that resource. When you get to vet, the enchantment on one piece of armor is 900 in that resource. So in the end it's easier to manage your pool by simply changing enchantments. Need a ton more health? Shifting three pieces of armor from stamina to health is equivalent to 25 attribute points. Decide that doesn't work? Put stam enchants back on. No recast cost, no worries.

- you will have a lot of magic based abilities, particularly early on. It's an odd aspect of stamblade play. But as you level, many will morph to a stamina based ability...always take the stam path when you have a choice. Look the class abilities up and experiment with them. There are a ton of great abilities in there, especially in assassin and shadow. But as your stamblade matures, ultimately they wind up with all stamina based attacks, then some magic based buffs and utility skills. It's a better balance than your sorc, honestly.

- make sure to level all three class lines. You do this by having at least one ability from that line on your bar as you earn xp. Even if it means sometimes choosing a weak ability to a favorite, keep the class lines leveling.

- a stamblade will want dual wield, 2h and bow for full versatility. Level all three to 50, but definitely focus on dw, which is easier in pve, more lethal, and offers good sustain.

- stamblades are squishy, and sometimes need 1-2 pieces of heavy armor. Level your heavy too by always wearing 1-2 pieces of heavy.

- welcome to the sneak class of ESO. For all your questing, delving and grinding, you might want a set of Night Silence armor. It makes sneak as fast as walking. With night silence and dark cloak you can raid about anything. Tip: one of your abilities morphs into surprise attack (stam) or concealed weapon (magic). For a stamblade, surprise attack is pure power. However, concealed weapon offers a 25% boost to speed when you're cloaked. There may be phases in your NBs life where you want to back bar concealed weapon to get the speed, just FYI.

- other skill of note, camo hunter...as an ability it sucks, but the 12% boost to crit can be essential for a stamblade. If you need a little more power and can free a slot on your bar, this will give it to you.

- NBs can sneak through delves and grab shards. Which is nice, because you're going to need a lot of them, lol. Invest in most class skills and all class passives. Those three weapons lines...all passives there. All medium armor passives, and the first three heavy (not the ones for 5+ pieces). And fighters guild and some mage. Any time a passive opens, go get shards to spend in it. NBs need their passives more than other classes.

- stamina is now precious to you. Invest the time to level legerdemain to 16 so you can fully invest in reducing sneak cost. This is not hard...find a route that provides lots of inane stolen items. I like the Inn complex in Orsinium or the ships in Daggerfall. The inn route has few NPcs and yields 160+ items in a run. Sell and launder everything. If you spend one point to allow more fence transactions (I do this on every new character), it's about a dozen runs. For characters who sneak a lot, it's well worth it. ESPECIALLY if you ever pvp.

- your stamblade is a natural for the thieves guild and dark brotherhood quests if you have these DLCs. They'll teach you a lot about playing as a NB, they reward a ton of SPs and they can be really profitable. After the second quest in either, you can also open two types of daily heists...which are tailor made for NBs. My stamblade ha s always carried spare Night Silence armor, amdmive easiely made over a million gold running these dailies and selling the loot.

That was a lot of tips, lol, but hopefully they help. Have fun.
    Answer ✓
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been running a Khajiit stamina Nightblade as my main for 3 years now. I've never put points into magic ever. At level 50 +cp my stats are 47 stamina and 19 health, no magic. The useful NB skills have a stamina morph, (useful for a stamina NB of course.) On my medium armor, I use mainly stamina runes with 1 magic and 1 or 2 health rune. (Not exactly sure, I'm typing this from work on my break.) I'm currently using 5 Hundings and 5 Viper Sting, Those sets give me an extra boost in stats and damage. (Note, the armor set will probably change after Morrowind. Depending on the changes to stamina sustain and the new sets, Hundings could be swapped out for something better.) As for skills, On my dual wield bar it's steel tornado, surprise attack, hidden dagger, resolving vigor, ambush, with soul tether as ulti. On the bow bar I have venom arrow, arrow barrage, razor caltrops, retreating maneuvers, lethal arrow, and shooting star for ulti. Other people use other skill setups for end game questing, etc. These work for me :wink: Basically whatever your build is now, you're setting it up for your end game build and what you want to do then. Very few people do a hybrid magic/stamina build, most go with either stamina and some health or magic and some health. As for armor and weapons, use whatever you pick up for now until you get to level 50 with 160 cp, then work on your sets.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going stamina I recommend toughing out the getting In PvP for vigor. Or made a world of difference for me

As hour weapon once you hit 15 equip a now as a range option. But dw will be your main dps.
    Edited by jircris11 on April 29, 2017 6:13AM
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • BuzzZaw60
    BuzzZaw60
    Thank you everyone...I know it takes time to answer 'Newbie' questions and I appreciate the insight very much...Happy Hunting to all...

Khajiit - NB - current 13
    Breton Sorcerer - current 17
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel free to add me in-game if your na. Always willing to help a fellow player.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer