The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Native Black Marsh Argonian Healer - What would you guys pick as a class?

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
As the title says, I'm planing on creating an Argonian character in ESO for the first time and immersion plays a huge deal for me.

Which class would you guys pick for a healing character while keeping immersion and "reality" in mind?

Would it be a Templar or should I wait for Warden? (All recent class changess and patch notes aside please, I'm not interested in your whining)

I want the character to fit well into the world of Elder Scrolls.

Please explain or elaborate if you choose the option "Neither"
Edited by Nyladreas on April 29, 2017 8:01PM

Native Black Marsh Argonian Healer - What would you guys pick as a class? 52 votes

Warden
63%
IcyDeadPeopleSkayaqSoupDragonJitterbugflizomicaElhananhondelinkbottleofsyrupRajajshkatplink3r1AtAfternoonEdziuRobo_HoboCalandraepaulsimonpsSleepyTrollLupusdiabolusLadyNalcaryamenedhynArchMikem 33 votes
Templar
17%
DirtySmeegs33QUEZ420FodoreKnowledgeNBrookusGrumpyDucklingAkevoriathKrogmoMarabornwingrion 9 votes
Neither
19%
HrogunIruil_ESOKeriokogreyloxnotimetocareVShaneDPShiroVipstaakkimax_onlySinkas 10 votes
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden
    green magic seems more fitting
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    I would actually wait for a Warden in case you will be purchasing Morrowind. Their connection to nature will make it more immersive and real, in my opinion. I think Warden argonians will be incredible healers (as per numbers), but also I think you will enjoy it a lot since it will feel more natural in a way. It's difficult to express, but I understand what you mean. I always see a templar as a priest, and I kinda relate them more to elves. I think a warden would be more enjoyable if you really care about immersion.

However if you do not want to wait until June just run a templar. Just take into account you cannot change classes!
  • oldskoorpg74
    Warden
    I love the Argonians, and yeah, Warden seems to fit the immersion factor the best. Also, have you seen the Treeminder costume in the crates...
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    I love the Argonians, and yeah, Warden seems to fit the immersion factor the best. Also, have you seen the Treeminder costume in the crates...

Haha yeah I'm actually thinking about spending some gems on that one.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Setting aside my lukewarm feelings about the classes in general in this game, I think it might be easier to associate the skills of the Warden with the culture of the Saxhleel.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Thanks everybody everybody for the votes and replies so far, It's pretty much just as I thought it would be :)
    menedhyn wrote: »
    Setting aside my lukewarm feelings about the classes in general in this game, I think it might be easier to associate the skills of the Warden with the culture of the Saxhleel.

What would be a perfectly fitting class or set of skills for a true argonian healer, in pure imagination and theory? I'm actually curious.

I'm pretty new to Argonian lore, I love my Khajiit too much lol.
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Argonian with nature based healing is pretty good rp fodder.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden

Hey, All I see when Looking at the warden iS defIniTely nature magic tHat I See as much more in keeping with the argonian than the holy lights and fires of the templar show-off.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Most are going to argue for Warden, but the Ice line doesn't seem to fit Argonians well, as they prefer swamp like conditions. The animal companions and nature lines seem more Bosmer than Argonian.

My vote is Templar because it has a healing skill line (hist-healing) and a skill line that draws power from the sun (like the hist tree would).

Alternatively, Nightblade has Shadow and Assassin lines that fit Shadowscale themes (if your character is born under the sign of the shadow), and the Siphoning skill line for healing.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Most are going to argue for Warden, but the Ice line doesn't seem to fit Argonians well, as they prefer swamp like conditions. The animal companions and nature lines seem more Bosmer than Argonian.

My vote is Templar because it has a healing skill line (hist-healing) and a skill line that draws power from the sun (like the hist tree would).

Alternatively, Nightblade has Shadow and Assassin lines that fit Shadowscale themes (if your character is born under the sign of the shadow), and the Siphoning skill line for healing.

I see, aren't Nightblades horrible healers though? I never see any.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    DoShazarr wrote: »

I see, aren't Nightblades horrible healers though? I never see any.

I wouldn't call them horrible. The benefit of a Nightblade healer is that you can do damage while you're healing, so as long as your team is serviceable enough not to use you as a crutch all the time, you're actually a pretty solid help to the team. Here are some positives to consider:

- 8% additional magicka for slotting a Siphoning skill (which you will always have as a healer).
    - healing skills also provide damage (Refreshing Path, Sap Essence)
    - Catalyst passive synergy with Argonian is nice
    - Soul Siphon ultimate is a nice burst emergency team heal
    - each Siphoning skill slotted grants additional healing
    - Veil of Blades gives team protection + damage
    - Bolstering Darkness is awesome for keeping you alive and aids teammates
    - Shades + Fear abilities offer minor maim in case tank isn't debuffing enemy power
    - if you PVP, then Piercing Mark offers long debuff and reveal option to help counter gankers
    - Mirage offers extra defense and miss chance to keep you, the healer alive in tight spots
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Oh, and I also forgot to mention Dark Cloak, which is awesome for additional defense, positioning, and disappearing if you want to be a tactical PVP healer.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither
    They make nice slaves.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden.

DPS warden

Heals? Warden

Tank Warden

P2W Warden
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As the title says, I'm planing on creating an Argonian character in ESO for the first time and immersion plays a huge deal for me.

Which class would you guys pick for a healing character while keeping immersion and "reality" in mind?

Would it be a Templar or should I wait for Warden? (All recent class changess and patch notes aside please, I'm not interested in your whining)

You want an honest response but you chose to lump the other 3 healers into a "neither" category ?
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neither
    Why not NB?

The ability to get extra bonuses for dabbling in alchemy.

The ability to sap life from your enemies to restore health to your allies.

The fitting lore of the shadowscale.

And if you really want to go full immersion, go vampire for the full bloodmage effect.

I have managed to heal all content in game with an argonian NB healer. Sure they may not be BiS for your top tier raiding guilds, but with proper group coordination, they are more than capable of handling the healing duties for everything in game.
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Yeah, if you haven't made the character yet and you want an Immersive Argonian Healer, then wait for the Warden. I highly doubt Argonians on the whole are followers of Stendarr.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    exeeter702 wrote: »

You want an honest response but you chose to lump the other 3 healers into a "neither" category ?

Obviously I'm not an expert so how about you give me options and examples instead of dismissing the whole thing. I havent seen a single NB, Sorc or DK healer in a single dungeon so far, therefore I assume they are not viable.

@exeeter702
    Edited by Nyladreas on April 30, 2017 1:44AM
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neither

Obviously I'm not an expert so how about you give me options and examples instead of dismissing the whole thing. I havent seen a single NB, Sorc or DK healer in a single dungeon so far, therefore I assume they are not viable.

If you use group finder for dungeons, the reason you only see templar heals is the same reason you only see DK tanks. Everyone has it in their heads that DK's are the only viable tanks and Templars are the only viable healers. If you are anything other than that, you risk getting auto kicked before you even start the dungeon.

The truth is though (aside from competitive HM trials), any class can heal any content in game perfectly fine. The only downfall of not having a templar healer is no shards for tanks, but this can be overcome using things like a master resto and the sentinel monster set.

My current NB setup runs 5 SPC/3 Willpower/2 Sentinel with malestrom and master resto staves. Throw in orbs and siphon spirit (or ele drain if I replace vMA resto for vMA shock) and I have no problem keeping a group topped off in resources and heals!

This set-up has also worked really well for me on the PTS because my Hots allow me time to heavy attack to proc major mending and to quickly recover my own resources.

Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither
    I was going to say dk healer actually.... fire breathing lizard healer.... that or nightblade healer for the shadow scale lore. Ice and bears don't fit with reptiles and swamps imho
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Warden, from what we know, seems fitting to all that Saxhleel ambient. Well, maybe ice and bear are not that lore friendly to a resident of Black Marsh, but I guess Zos didn't want to give us Wamasu ultimate yet.
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neither
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Warden, from what we know, seems fitting to all that Saxhleel ambient. Well, maybe ice and bear are not that lore friendly to a resident of Black Marsh, but I guess Zos didn't want to give us Wamasu ultimate yet.

That would be sick. Zos needs to make different skins for summoned pets!

Cor-Leonis
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »

What about race based Ultimate for Warden?

Wamasu for Argonians
    Bear for Bosmer
    Troll for Nords

And so on.
    Argonian forever
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden

Wamasu for Argonians
    Bear for Bosmer
    Troll for Nords

And so on.

And Breton for Altmers.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wamasu for Argonians
    Bear for Bosmer
    Troll for Nords

And so on.

And Breton for Altmers.

Ahahahaha.