The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, how can you be serious with selling the Topal Hideout for 15 000 crowns???!!!

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Dear ZOS, I am posting this to the Bug reports forum section, as this clearly must be either a bug, or a late April Fool`s day joke....

How can you be serious with selling the Grand Topal Hideout for 15 000 crowns??? That is 95 EUR!!! The whole game costs 50 EUR (Gold edition with all the DLCs).

You must be kidding me!!!???

I mean the island does look awesome, but this is just too much!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prepare for the "we just had a crown sale" posts and such.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is funny, it costs more than the game+dlc...Just view it as a cash grab; which it is. Looks great though.
    The Flyers
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to yesterdays news.

Yes, not only is it limited forcing you to buy now or lose out, but they jacked the price up. A middle finger isn't enough, sometimes they have to make you swivel.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and the invisible walls there are already fixed or still not??

and why cant we mount there???? it is an island with a beach!!!! why can not we mount there???

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and the item caps (with already some items spent from the start) LOL
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it is overpriced as well, but it's still not pay to win, that's the thing. When I buy crown crates or expensive crap, it's purely to support zenimax. So look at it more like a donation and it all makes more sense. Atleast in my point of view.
    I wasn't happy about zenimax around homestead patch release. Then they started to take exploiters and feedback more seriously (yes I know sustain issues HA meta etc), but I still find the Morrowind patch way better then homestead.

I bought 3 large crown packs when it was on sale as well as regular eso + member, and this is purely because I think the developers are doing a good job recently. People are quitting without finding solutions to the problems and actually see the good things.

League of legends have a skin you can buy to one of the champions. One of the most expensive skins (costume in eso) are around 35-50 euro if I remember correctly. I might be abit wrong, but the point is that it's super expensive but has nothing to do with pay 2 win at all. It's purely how it looks. Comparing a costume to a large private island that are suppose to feel exclusive, doesn't sound that bad when compare it to other games :) Some people can afford it, some cannot. Blame your government, not the developers.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't like the price, don't buy it. It's just decoration after all. It's not going to improve your game play. The price point is really no different than that of a Prius vs a Maserati. Think of it as a luxury item for those with deep pockets. Your reaction is yours to choose: envy, disdain, acceptance, admiration, ambition, whatever. If the price really bugs you, maybe some introspection is in order, because LIFE isn't about fairness.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I too am appalled at the price of the new home, this is not a bug and posting this in the bug report forum is getting in the way of other actual issues being reported.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    If you don't like the price, don't buy it. It's just decoration after all. It's not going to improve your game play. The price point is really no different than that of a Prius vs a Maserati. Think of it as a luxury item for those with deep pockets. Your reaction is yours to choose: envy, disdain, acceptance, admiration, ambition, whatever. If the price really bugs you, maybe some introspection is in order, because LIFE isn't about fairness.

no I mean It's not going to improve your game play. well it will, as that is what people buy it for, right? to improve the experience from the game, trough their in-game characters feeling good in their homes.

but yes, I do not mean it should be fair, but it might be at least player base-friendly. what do you thing is the percentage of the player base, who will buy it for 15K crowns?
    Edited by altemriel on April 28, 2017 4:44PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    If you don't like the price, don't buy it. It's just decoration after all. .... If the price really bugs you, maybe some introspection is in order, because LIFE isn't about fairness.
    So what is LIFE "about" then? If we have a socio-economic system and culture in which any people are denied the opportunities for a good life that others are automatically given the privilege to enjoy, then whose decision was that? The US economic system was created by and for the benefit of those who profit from it. Period.

It isn't the price of the Topal Hideaway that bothers me so much as the sheer lack of utility and quality of what the buyer receives in return for the Crowns. Playing The Elder Scrolls Online as a game designed, implemented, offered and provided by a greed-driven "marketing" firm has been a very instructive experience, one which I do not want to repeat, and one which I probably will not continue for much longer.

As someone noted in their forum signature: "Those who create great games, do, those who can't create Crown stores."

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi