The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

launcher cooled and dont respond only stay in loading i cant login or do something with that

leonidas0057
leonidas0057
Soul Shriven
vgatit1lc33o.png
  • Annelie
    Annelie
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem. It started today. I can still launch the game directly from eso64.exe and play. But the launcher hangs on loading. I'm playing on a computer that runs windows 10.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's going to be a problem for you the next time a patch comes out. It seems you can't just reinstall a launcher, you have to reinstall the whole darn game. I found this out when my SSD launcher stopped detecting my live game. Support gave me an answer involving starting a game load, stopping it after 1% loaded, then doing some file copy magic to apply it to my previously installed game. However, it refuses to even start the process if I don't have enough spare hard drive space for a full install.

I asked them if I could play tricks doing this on my regular HD and copying over to the SSD, but they didn't seem to understand or even notice the question. I gave up after three or four iterations only got me oblique responses addressing an entirely different facet of my inquiry.

So since I have a full install on my HD for PTS, I copied my add-ons over, checked they worked, and decided to just settle in and play both live and PTS off the slower drive. Only now -none- of the game versions will load, not PTS, live, or my direct launch of the SSD via .exe which should get far enough to tell me I have an old version, please patch. I get a black screen with an hourglass, then a Windows (10) popup saying ESO has failed to respond. (edit: This happens on the 64 bit client. If I disable that, then the login screen appears. Due to time constraints I have not yet tested in-game play using 32 bits, or even yet verified I can load into game).

I really truly do not want to spend two days on a full game reinstall ><
    Edited by Donari on April 29, 2017 11:17PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    I really truly do not want to spend two days on a full game reinstall ><
    It is so much fun to spend seven days trying to find a solution to the problem, yes? First, make sure your computer hardware is functioning correctly, and that your LAN router, "modem" and your ISP aren't having any issues, and that the Internet is functioning correctly. Re-installing the game software or finding some other remedy for the problem(s) ultimately won't be rewarded if they are corrupted by the computer system that you are using.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi