Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grand Topal Hideway (tropical Island) Review *Crown Store Limited Edition* - Decorating Tamriel

Elloa
Elloa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Heya guys,

@Nicky_W and I have prepared our little review for the Crown Store Exclusive, limited edition: GRAND TOPAL HIDEWAY (Tropical Island) that hopefully you will find both informative and relaxing to watch. We always put a lot of care in our videos. We also share our opinion regarding the cost

'Enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEQhRxsNTNY

You will find the related article for this video on our website with a Screenshot gallery : here
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i want to figure out a way to craft my own rope bridges...

@ZOS_GinaBruno

please ask the to add rope ladder recipes soon!!!

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to add so many building assets, it could make crafting so much more interesting too.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    They need to add so many building assets, it could make crafting so much more interesting too.

I believe this are things they will add in future. The devs were very clear about their desire to add more and more features in Homestead, especially building blocks. I can only hope for ropes! I need ropes!
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be interesting for me to see is, that this furniture can actually be used - can one sit on these chairs, can one lay in bed, is one animated doing that?- if it is just furniture for display purposes, it is of no use for me - same for houses.
    Edited by Lysette on April 29, 2017 6:25PM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Elloa, I always like your videos, because they do a great job showing off what is offered - I still think, ZOS should hire you for doing this stuff professionally for them, well, you and Nick, as you both are a team.
    Edited by Lysette on April 29, 2017 6:29PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    Heya guys,

@Nicky_W and I have prepared our little review for the Crown Store Exclusive, limited edition: GRAND TOPAL HIDEWAY (Tropical Island) that hopefully you will find both informative and relaxing to watch. We always put a lot of care in our videos. We also share our opinion regarding the cost

You will find the related article for this video on our website with a Screenshot gallery : here

are the invisible walls already fixed?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heya guys,

it looks really awesome!!! 15K crowns, but awesome!!!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elloa you make me buy it :smiley: , your enchanting voice :smiley:
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just love your french accent!! ♥♥
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    No storage, no buy!
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The island is useless without matching plans to extend it.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice review. I also am a GTH owner, and absolutely love it. I do have a few complaints however, such as: Only 700 item slots, invisible walls, and no means of mount transportation. But outside of those 3 things, I find everything else to be incredibly well done. I highly recommend it to anyone who's into decorating, and or just wants their own 'space'. There's plenty of space here, as well as areas to decorate. :)
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 29, 2017 10:54PM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the furniture - can one sit on it, can one lay on bed, is it animated?
  • xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »

I believe this are things they will add in future. The devs were very clear about their desire to add more and more features in Homestead, especially building blocks. I can only hope for ropes! I need ropes!

And logs please!!!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    What about the furniture - can one sit on it, can one lay on bed, is it animated?

@Lysette Yes, there are pieces of furniture which are interactive. These include: Chairs, crafting stations, lighting options (e.g. chandeliers), dummies, special pieces of furniture, etc. However, you can't walk up to a bed and have an option to lay down as you would with a chair; sitting. You'd have to perform an emote of sorts, if you want to lay upon a bed. Where as a chair/couch/sofa, you need only approach it and interact with it.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful video! Thank you so much for posting these.

While I own the island, and absolutely love it...there is one thing about it that really baffles me...

I wonder why they would build this incredibly beautiful island, with so many gorgeous views, and then have the two main huts with doors, have their windows boarded up. I simply cannot understand why, at the very least, they don't have light streaming in the windows like a normal house. :( It is not like they are instanced. And while it may not be possible to have them simply open-air like the other huts (which I don't understand why you can't, when the others are this way), I just don't understand why there is absolutely no daylight at all coming through the windows.

You are on a beautiful tropical island, the sea breeze is softly blowing, and you go into one of the door'd huts and it is like walking into a tomb.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you everyone for your nice and encouraging comments! <3

@Lisette there is several chair you can interact with included with Grand Topal Hideway (furnished)
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone for your nice and encouraging comments! <3

@Lysette there is several chair you can interact with included with Grand Topal Hideway (furnished)

oh yes, I just discovered that - I can finally sit in an inn, watching the dancers and listen to the music, that was desperately needed for immersion, to actually sit in a correctly themed chair and not be forced to use the pseudo-chair emote for it. This makes me want to look into carpentry a little more and maybe even get a house somewhere nice. Not the island though, I think it is massively overpriced - but as you said in your video, it might not be meant for just one person, but a guild.