The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Requesting PvE Buffs to certain Master and Maelstrom Weapons

skyhawk002
skyhawk002
✭✭✭
Vaoh wrote: »
Master weapons are awesome. Some of them are in need of buffs though to be worth using, especially when placed next to The Maelstrom's weapons. Were looking at how to improve the unique enchants themselves (innate stat bonuses are fine).

VYN7ZB.jpg

Bows
Master: Targets affected by Poison Arrow take more damage from your attacks scaling off of weapon damage.
Maelstrom: Increase the damage of Volley every time it ticks.
Summary: Both are strong. The values are good. Perfect!

Swords
Master: Puncture heals you.
Maelstrom: Low Slash deals more damage. Heavy Attacking soon after provides more Stamina Return.
[iSummary[/i]: No problems here. Both are good. If anything, Maelstrom could use a slight buff!

Daggers
Master - Increase the damage of Twin Slashes ticks.
Maelstrom - Allows your next single target DoT to deal significantly more damage after using Flurry.
Summary: Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems Master Daggers are highly outclassed by Maelstrom Daggers. The "Cruel Flurry" Maelstrom enchant buffs Twin Slashes more than the Master weapon does. To buff the Master Dagger, we should make the enchant mimick Thunderous Volley (on the Maelstrom Bow), so that the DoT of Twin Slashes increases per tick. It should also heal you based on a percentage (perhaps 40%) of the damage done per tick. This would give it a purpose, versus the pure DPS of Maelstrom Daggers.

Destruction Staff
Master: Increase damage of Destructive Touch. Reduce the cost by 12%.
Maelstrom: Enemies in your Wall of Elements take increased damage from your light attacks.
[iSummary[/i]: Maelstrom provides a nice DPS boost. It is a powerful staff. The Master Staff is great in concept, but needs its values buffed a lot or it will be useless. The cost reduction should place it on par cost-wise to that of Force Shock, and the initial hit damage should also get buffed to nearly match Force Pulse as well. The DoT should also increase in damage, or provide magicka back if the enemy afflicted with it dies within 4 seconds of the DoT applying. Would probably help this ability and weapon see use over the Maelstrom staff. Keep in mind, the morph Crushing Shock would provide an interrupt and Force Pulse would be much better DPS-wise than a Master enchanted Destructive Touch. It would now be viable to use though.

Restoration Staff
Master: Allies standing in the radius of your Grand Healing are also restored a little bit of Stamina per cast.
Maelstrom: Regeneration restores Magicka to those whom it crits on (includes the HoT).
[iSummary[/i]: Both are awesome. No changes needed.

Greatsword
Master: Cleave deals more damage.
Maelstrom: Critical Charge applies a DoT to enemies it connects with.
[iSummary[/i]: Both are equal. Master Greatsword might need a buff to the damage it deals, but that is it.

Previous posters like VaoH have provided suggestions on how to make vDSA and vMA weapons that are currently useless to be better. I think its time to reexamine what changes we can make to master weapons during this PTS cycle.

Currently there are many "useless" weapons from vMA and vDSA

For vMA:
Bow, destro Staves, 1H (dagger/axe) are highly sought after primarily for PvE

for vDSA
Bows, resto staves, 2H and 1H swords are highly sought after primarily for PvP

Many Master weapons like destro staves, shields, 1H dagger/axes are considered useless for both PvE and PvP and require arguably the same effort as vMA grinding.

TLDR: I would like to request a DPS buff to Master weapons like destro staves and 1H dagger/axes to make them more in line with vMA weapons