The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hooks that paralyze

Xenofex
Xenofex
✭✭
Hello,
How I can counter these metal hooks that come underground and paralyze me (dragonknight skill) ?

If I teleport the hooks teleport with me and I am still unable to move.
If I drink potion that says (Immune to knockback and disabling effects) it helps aigainst all crowd control except these metal hooks.

How I can break this paralysis from metal hooks?

Thanks
Flawless Conquer
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since 2014 TALONS has been bugged, and can absolutely prevent a player from being able to break free, dodge roll, etc... EVEN WITH FULL STAMINA!!!!!!!

No one wants to talk about it, because so many zergs enjoy abusing it... prove me wrong.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Xenofex wrote: »
    Hello,
    How I can counter these metal hooks that come underground and paralyze me (dragonknight skill) ?

If I drink potion that says (Immune to knockback and disabling effects) it helps aigainst all crowd control except these metal hooks.

Thanks

Cleanse, shuffle or mist form out of them.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks

they were never intended to be unbreakable... a bug is a bug. I shouldn't have to consume a bar slot to address a game bug.
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Thanks

they were never intended to be unbreakable... a bug is a bug. I shouldn't have to consume a bar slot to address a game bug.

You don't run shuffle on stam builds in pvp? Or cleanse on your Templar? Seems legit.
    The Flyers
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forward momentum is the best Stam cost for 8 seconds of snare immunity. It will stop talons from hitting you. Comparatively, dodge roll like closer to 4-5k Stam on a mag class whereas FW is 2100. In 8 seconds you should Regen Stam to reuse FW 3 more times in a row.
    Edited by Minno on April 28, 2017 7:57PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it Talons, or is it Trap Beast? How big are the hooks you are talking about?

Immovable pots don't help against roots.
    Edited by NBrookus on April 29, 2017 4:12AM
  • Xenofex
    Xenofex
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

We are talking about talons.

1) what is cleanse? I don`t have that skill as magicka sorcerer as far as I know.
    2) what is shuffle? you mean break out by pressing left and right mouse click at the same time?
    3) mist form? you mean vampire skill?

Thanks

Flawless Conquer
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1) what is cleanse? I don`t have that skill as magicka sorcerer as far as I know.
    2) what is shuffle? you mean break out by pressing left and right mouse click at the same time?

Thanks

Shuffle is the medium Armor active skill. Don't worry, you don't have to wear a single piece of medium armor to use it... which makes absolutely no sense.
  • Xenofex
    Xenofex
    ✭✭
    [/quote]

Shuffle is the medium Armor active skill. Don't worry, you don't have to wear a single piece of medium armor to use it... which makes absolutely no sense. [/quote]

=DDDD

You just made my day!

Flawless Conquer
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭

Thanks

Shuffle is as said the medium armour skill, cleanse/purge is in the support skill tree and mist is indeed a vamp skill.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks

1) There's an alliance skill called purge; you can morph it to a cheaper version. Cleanses two effects. Not terribly reliable, especially fighting a magDK that's going to be layering dots on you.
    2) I see this is answered, but it costs a lot of stamina for a magicka user. And shuffle costs a lot more than talons. It's a bad trade-off for a mag sorc.
    3) Yes

1v1 most magicka DKs don't have enough damage to burst through a sorc's shields and no mobility to catch them. If I'm fighting a sorc, I'm going first try to drain his stamina with roots and fossilize every cooldown while keeping dots ticking, so when he is out of stamina I can time a combo when he can't cc break and his shields go down. During this phase, conserve your stamina and avoid cc breaking unless you have to. Meanwhile, if a DK doesn't have wings slotted they are very vulnerable to your burst if you don't panic and worry too much about those talons that aren't doing much damage by themselves.

If a sorc is successfully kiting, has enough stam regen, or can't be pressured into burning his stam pool, it becomes a fight of attrition. Since sorcs have cheaper costs, better regen, higher magicka pools, more defense and more burst... at that point it's the sorc's fight to lose.

If it's Xv1 and you have a DK making you miserable with CC... RIP. At least the DK has to catch you; encase spammers can root at range.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

Shuffle is as said the medium armour skill, cleanse/purge is in the support skill tree and mist is indeed a vamp skill.

That's why I told him to go two hander on his backbar. Use forward momentum (morph of rally)that only costs 2-2.5k Stam for 8 seconds of snare immunity. If he uses a sword he can still use overload ultimate since the sword will buff all dmg sources and he should be at around 40k mag sure to being a sorc.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual