The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Direction of PVP Future of Battlegrounds

Casterial
Casterial
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno

Could I have some insight for the changes and direction of PVP? Don't get me wrong, ESO PVP is amazing. We are incomparable in massive fantasy-scale pvp. We also are one of about 3 games with this combat system(but the only one with no cool downs

But, I'd love to have some foresight on ESO PVP. The game keeps getting tweaked PVP wise and nerfs roll out continuously, I understand you have data for it and that's the reason of the nerfs or changes, however with battle grounds coming out do you think that PVP will have a new direction and or more balances rolling out? Some games did not achieve balance until about a year to three years after battle grounds or smaller scale PVP was implemented.

Currently, every patch everyone usually has to tweak their build, or start from scratch due to major changes on their class, while some classes remained untouched, others are torn to the ground. With the rolling out of Warden (salty its not necromancer, sorry not sorry) Do you think major unbalancing will most likely be a large issue, and do you think we can expect major changes in the first 3-6months of battlegrounds release?

After all, ESO PVP is only viewed in large scale, zerg vs zerg, and not really small scale. I'm hoping battlegrounds will have their own data, and from that data you can tweak classes as needed, and/or see the least played, or weakest classes in battlegrounds.

Sorry, I really have been a large fan of ESO PVP since the first beta you allowed us to enter Cyrodiil. I really am excited for Morrowind, but really hope PVP has a new direction... Currently duels show a large unbalance issue(When you duel someone but already know their class guarantees them a win.) and I'm hoping that it will be addressed for battlegrounds.

Give us some hope!:D
Edited by Casterial on April 29, 2017 7:57AM
Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
The Order of Magnus
Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
For the Daggerfall Covenant
The Last Chillrend Empress
Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, any concerns, or hopes for Morrowind and battlegrounds go ahead and post them guys! It'd be nice what other people think, and possibly do you hope they work on class balances?
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too do not like the change this game is taking, but at this point in my life picking up a new MMO to grind to end game and BiS gear is just not something I really care to do, so they'll have to duck up big time in order for me to be gone. Next patch ain't so bad anyway, imo.
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    I too do not like the change this game is taking, but at this point in my life picking up a new MMO to grind to end game and BiS gear is just not something I really care to do, so they'll have to duck up big time in order for me to be gone. Next patch ain't so bad anyway, imo.

Its not too bad, its hard re-learning a class every patch, but its because ESO hasn't had real class-insight. They have war zones in scope, and not the classes all that much. the BG system hopefully will put classes in scope, show whats not played, or whats weakest, etc.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Casterial ...if you get a chance, watch the eso live april 24 2017 youtube video...

that will answer a lot of your questions about where the game is going...

you can also check out the public test server forum threads...

casual folks may or may not even notice the differences in the game, other than there is a new class with different skills out, plus I'm sure active/semi active players will here about this big new "dlc", but, get a little confused when they go to the crown store to try to find it...

folks whom are real upset are the players whom have worked extremely hard to reach a certain level of play, understand the math, mechanics and ability synergies with resources...

with the morrowind patch, their perfected gameplay is going to being significantly changed...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

Its not too bad, its hard re-learning a class every patch, but its because ESO hasn't had real class-insight. They have war zones in scope, and not the classes all that much. the BG system hopefully will put classes in scope, show whats not played, or whats weakest, etc.

Exactly, we will adapt. It sure is bad, and that's why we have the pts - so we can influence them in their decision making. But it's not be all end all as some on here make it be.

And if they really *** it up I'll probably just go back to SWTOR, I've been wanting an excuse for that for ages now :trollface:
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    @Casterial ...if you get a chance, watch the eso live april 24 2017 youtube video...

that will answer a lot of your questions about where the game is going...

you can also check out the public test server forum threads...

casual folks may or may not even notice the differences in the game, other than there is a new class with different skills out, plus I'm sure active/semi active players will here about this big new "dlc", but, get a little confused when they go to the crown store to try to find it...

folks whom are real upset are the players whom have worked extremely hard to reach a certain level of play, understand the math, mechanics and ability synergies with resources...

with the morrowind patch, their perfected gameplay is going to being significantly changed...

But, will classes be under the scope and will they aim for balancing around classes and not a global nerf? Battle Spirit for example, huge global nerf which is needed now. But, yes the DLC changes aren't too bad, aside from re-learning classes.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly, we will adapt. It sure is bad, and that's why we have the pts - so we can influence them in their decision making. But it's not be all end all as some on here make it be.

And if they really *** it up I'll probably just go back to SWTOR, I've been wanting an excuse for that for ages now :trollface:

Me trying to get back into GW2 ahaha
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
    Options
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A very, very small faction of changes that the entire community gets behind get changed during/before the PTS. And thats with 100% of the community agreeing with a obvious mistake. The PTS is a joke.
    Options