The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I need Stamsorc Bow + 2h PVP build recommendations

Ergrodin
Ergrodin
Soul Shriven
Hello! I frequently fight in Cyrodiil. I do pretty well, and I am well-respected among my alliance, seen as one of the leaders. I do pretty well when there are pugs and zerglings running with me and soaking the damage, and I'm decent at 1v1ing unless I happen to run into an extremely tanky person. 1vXing, though, that's a problem. Two people against me, unless they're incredibly unskilled or low level, and I'm pretty much done for. As a commander figure, I think I should be able to take on multiple people and win one-on-one fights frequently. So, I'm asking fellow stamsorcs who happen to be able to or know how to be able to perform in such a manner, what builds should I use, and how should I play them?
  • brandishsteel
    brandishsteel
    ✭✭✭
    eternal hunt -- enough for 1vx cheese lol
    Marco Hacker - the best mageblade in the game
  • fred.thomsonb16_ESO
    1 pc monster, bone pirate, 5 piece, maelstrom 2h or 2 piece monster (pirate skelly), 5/5 piece (alchemist/automaton or smt) Get mag regen to at least 800, use 2h ult with cc immunity if you want to kill tanks, watch kodipvp and try to be like him.

The rest is up to you :D
    Edited by fred.thomsonb16_ESO on April 28, 2017 1:18AM
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    5 eternal cancer on bow bar + 5 ravager 2h bar. Monster set is a personal matter: you can go veli/selene for more damage, bloodspawn for ulti recovery or troll king for healing. If you like a more offensive combo you can give up eternal hunt on bow bar and replace with air/senche. Automation is, maybe, better than Ravager: lesser bonus but alway up but good luck getting a 2h sharp wep.
    Edited by Methariorn on May 4, 2017 2:37AM
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • Ergrodin
    Ergrodin
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, everyone!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does anyone use pelinal's on their stam sorc?

the character still hasn't turned vet (level 40 something), but, I'm thinking of maxing his stamina and using pelinal's so I can still hit hard with mages wrath, haunting curse and crystal frags (if i'm still slotting it after morrowind :#)...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

the character still hasn't turned vet (level 40 something), but, I'm thinking of maxing his stamina and using pelinal's so I can still hit hard with mages wrath, haunting curse and crystal frags (if i'm still slotting it after morrowind :#)...

You wont hit hard. You will have maybe same spell damage as mag sorc but they will have 3-4 times more magicka than you (and magicka increases damage of magicka spells). Obviously not saying you cant play some for fun hybrid build using both magicka and stamina attacks. You just wont hit hard.
    Edited by SodanTok on May 3, 2017 8:48PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

You wont hit hard. You will have maybe same spell damage as mag sorc but they will have 3-4 times more magicka than you (and magicka increases damage of magicka spells). Obviously not saying you cant play some for fun hybrid build using both magicka and stamina attacks. You just wont hit hard.

thanks @sodantokb16_ESO ...

awwwww poop, there goes that not so brilliant idea...totally forgot about/overlooked the actual resource pool's impact on damage done...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A really simple setup but maybe not BiS, is ravager/fury 5 pc all he time random or maelstrom 2h/bow, agility robust jewelry, and then you can play a combo of monster sets like kena and bloodspawn for damage and regen or go 2 pc bloodspawn or 2 Selene or veli or whatever. It's cheap and hits hard though.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 4, 2017 5:41AM
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    If you're considering medium (heavy is probably better tbh, but not my preference):

I'm a big fan of spriggans in the current heavy armor meta. My current setup is 5x hulking draugr, 5x spriggans, sharpened vma maul and defending unset bow with weapon damage enchant. I've also dropped streak and crit surge for bound armaments. The extra stam is nice (sitting at 47.5k with blue food), heavy attack damage is noticeable, and minor resistance buff helps a bit with survivability. I'd also recommend allocating at least 15 into both blessed and quick recovery. Still isn't incredibly easy to take down multiple players, but you certainly have the burst with this setup to take out just about anything that isn't blocking 100% of the time

Edit: typo
    Edited by the_broo11 on May 4, 2017 4:08PM
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't tell us the real purpose I won't be able to help you, most people are giving you outdated builds or 1vX builds and you said you struggle to 1vX so I guess your looking for small-big scale?

I can whisper you a godlike build for small-scale but the jewelry is as rare as sharp vMsa staff.

Tell us what do you like to do the most in PvP.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Ergrodin
    Ergrodin
    Soul Shriven
    Kay1 wrote: »
    If you don't tell us the real purpose I won't be able to help you, most people are giving you outdated builds or 1vX builds and you said you struggle to 1vX so I guess your looking for small-big scale?

I can whisper you a godlike build for small-scale but the jewelry is as rare as sharp vMsa staff.

I tend to lead zerg/pug hordes. I'm looking to get something that will enable me to personally win nearly any fight I have while being able to soak up a lot of damage at the same time. The type of 1vX I was talking about earlier isn't the cowardly crap where you run around some sort of rock formation spamming self-heals and killing people who get isolated. I'm talking about something along the lines of being able to take on a small group of people alone without having to be a total pansy. High hp and stam regen would also be good.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ergrodin wrote: »
    Kay1 wrote: »

I tend to lead zerg/pug hordes. I'm looking to get something that will enable me to personally win nearly any fight I have while being able to soak up a lot of damage at the same time. The type of 1vX I was talking about earlier isn't the cowardly crap where you run around some sort of rock formation spamming self-heals and killing people who get isolated. I'm talking about something along the lines of being able to take on a small group of people alone without having to be a total pansy. High hp and stam regen would also be good.

if your not a cancer tank that is meant to stand surrounded by 10 guys and not die but cant dish out the dps, the build you want doesnt exist.
    theres a reason why people use trees and rocks with line of sight, and its because if your built to kill guys, you cant stand there getting spammed by a group of dps and expect not to die