Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

No more basic style mats with refining?

Kevin_of_Devinshire
I may be late to the party, but... When did it get turned off that you don't get the basic (Nord, Dunmer, Orc...) Style Mats when refining materials? I just refined over 1000 raw mats and not one style mat. This stinks for a daily writ crafter because the only place to get the style mats are from decons and NPC vendors. I know it's only 15gp each, but still, I spend my time gathering resources, I should be still getting the basic style mats when refining.

Also, lmao at the guild vendors that are selling the basic style mats for 80gp/each "plus".
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you still get them? I've never run out but I don't pay a ton of attention.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still get them, and from hirelings too. However I find most of mine from looting random chests, boxes, crates, backpacks and baskets.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, lmao at the guild vendors that are selling the basic style mats for 80gp/each "plus".

FYI- you can buy basic style mats of the starting races from vendors in game, it's either 25 or 35 gp.

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »

FYI- you can buy basic style mats of the starting races from vendors in game, it's either 25 or 35 gp.

15g ea, as they said in their original post.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's because of the furniture blueprints. People are exploiting the ignorant. The new must have item is the training dummy skeletons. Their blueprints call for a bunch of bone. It's tempting to buy stacks from a vendor at 15g each and list it on the trader. MM price on PC NA last night was 123g each. That's an 800% increase LOL but I'd have to buy thousands to make it worthwhile, but that in turn would drop the supply/demand ratio so not worth the trouble.