The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

100% packet loss to launcher from multiple connections

theslynx
theslynx
✭✭✭
Hi.

I don't expect anything will come of this, but maybe a network guru at Bethesda will take note.

The last two weeks, I've had crazy lag spikes (from normal latency of 240ms here in Taiwan to 700 or more) at random intervals making gameplay problematic. Prior to this, I had no serious problems with connectivity once I enabled port triggering. A few days after the lag spikes began, I got hit by regular error 200 messages preventing log-in. I opened a ticket and noticed the Game Consultant report was finding regular packet loss to the launcher. Went through the various suggested fixes without progress.

Today I decided to ping the launcher from computers at two places I work, two cafes with wifi and my tablet, and from my phone's 3G connection. I got 100% packet loss from all the connections but one (a single packet of four got through, but I could not replicate that result again from that same connection).

Oddly, if I have time in the morning, I can often get online in-game and play without too many issues. By the afternoon, it goes belly up and stays that way until late into the night.

It seems as if something is broken between here and the launcher (and probably other game services as well) that's not related to my ISP, line or PC. I don't see what I can do about it, and I'm not particularly computer savvy, but I'm hoping someone at Bethesda will see this and look into it. The problems started after the second-to-last PC NA maintenance.

tl;dr - Tried ping tests to launcher from five connections in my city. They all failed. Something's weird.
Edited by theslynx on April 26, 2017 11:23AM
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    i would assume possibility that your in some sort of FUP (fair use policy) from you service provider.
    in UK, allot of ISP will throttle peoples connections during peek hours, if you have downloaded a certain amount of data during a period of time, and dont believe that just cause you have unlimited downloads that you wouldnt be placed in such a policy,
    again im speaking from a british background, and have had countless issues with Tiscali, sky, talktalk, vodafone etc.. only companies ive found not to add restriction are BT and Virgin media.

All i can suggest is try googling your isp name with fair use policy in search bar, and then check the small print. All companies have different Policies, sky broadband was giving you a 2Gb allowence a day, vodafone was like 30gb a day..
    And throttled connections are designed to limit connections during peek hours, e.g 3pm - 11pm
    gl
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***