The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 303 - PC EU (Virgin Media)

cfearl
cfearl
I've seen quite a few people mention error 200 issues. Over the last few days, I've been finding it harder to log in to individual characters. I can get to character select, but then logging in takes around 2 mins and quite often I get an error 303 message. However, occasionally I can get into the game. I have a latency of about 100 in game; I have rebooted my router/ modem a couple of times, reinstalled the launcher, cleared the DNS cache, updated the client and am on the latest graphic card driver. Although load times have often been slow, I've never had these issues before the last few days. Wondered if anyone else, particularly in the UK and on Virgin Media, had a similar problem?
  • cfearl
    cfearl
    Just to add to this, it has taken me about 30 minutes to login this afternoon, with several 303 messages. I have tried disabling firewalls and anti-virus software, but it seems to be very inconsistent. I don't understand why I can connect occasionally but not consistently. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • cfearl
    cfearl
    I think I have found the problem. I unistalled Master Merchant and login times have gone down massively.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, something's gone seriously screwy with Master Merchant lately.
  • cfearl
    cfearl
    I also ought to add, I submitted a support ticket before I worked it out and got responses (definitely from humans!) within a couple of hours. Very impressive.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once you are in game you can start Master Merchant back up, and in addon settings for it, make sure the "delay initialization" setting is ON - this will prevent it from trying to start up until *after* your character has loaded, which should prevent this problem in future.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • cfearl
    cfearl
    Yes - I did that and it certainly helped. Thanks. I actually fully uninstalled it, then reinstalled, which shrunk all the data files, which I think has also made a difference.