Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Magicka Dragonknight PVE need help

Orm_embar
Orm_embar
Hi there I have a 202 CP magic dragonkight and I'm having issues with constantly running out of magicka during dungeons which obviously kills my dps. I have 18k health and 31k magicka. For gear i'm using 5 pc Julianos (150 cp craft), 3 willpower jewelry and vampire lord head/shoulders (trying to replace with grothdarr so temp). I'm using the theif mundus stone and have 62% spell crit. I have magicka enchants in everything.

I end up running out of magicka during boss fights really quickly and then have to spam heavy resto attacks to get magicka back. I use a restoration staff on backbar since it has +30% magicka regain from heavy attacks. Any advice on changing gear/skills? I thought about adding in elemental drain. I also thought about trying the twice born star since I heard that's a great set but I only have 7 or 8 traits researched in everything so can't craft it yet.

For skills I'm using:
Destruction staff: Force pulse (for magicka after kill), burning embers, engulfing flames, elemental blockade, inner light,
Restoration staff: Harness magicka, rearming trap, dragon blood, flames of oblivion, eruption, standard of might

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What are your enchantments on your jewelry? What's your front bar weapon? Are you using max health/magicka food? If so is it max level food?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Orm_embar
    Orm_embar
    All healthy so all magicka enchants on gear to make up for that some. Haven't been able to get magicka willpower jewelry yet. I'm using max health/magicka buff food that I craft. 5300 health/4900 magicka. So 18k health/31k magicka while buffed. It's a sharpened destruction staff I found but isn't a set one or anything special.
  • Orm_embar
    Orm_embar
    Oh sorry misread. Jewelry enchants are currently spell dmg. Thinking about changing to magicka regen though. The food is also max level.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not having any sustain problems on my magicka DK (at least until the Morrowind patch comes out and they make sustain issues worse). Here's what I use. Not saying it's the best set-up for DK ever, but it's working for me so far in PvE. (I'm sure someone out there will pick it apart and say it's a terrible build, but it's good for magic sustain, at least, and her surviveability is good as well.)

A matching magicka jewelry set (Vampire Lord, I think)
    5-piece Seducer armor (reduces the magic costs of abilities)
    The rest of my armor and weapons are Julianos (raises max magicka and spell criticals)
    5 armor pieces are heavy, the other two medium. (But I would change the medium armor to light if I needed more magicka.) All are either purple or gold.
    Roughly half the armor has health enchantments, and the other half has magic enchantments
    I use food before every fight that boosts both magicka and health at the same time, but you can also choose food that only boosts magic, and get more magicka from it.
    I have 91 CP points into The Magician (reduces the magicka costs of spells), which will be destroyed with the Morrowind patch, so BOOM! There goes my character build. LOL.

All my attribute points are in magicka. She's a Breton, so she naturally has boosts to magicka, as well.

I hope this helps in some small way.

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 27, 2017 5:06AM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use 5 seducer, 5 Desert Rose, and 2 Grothdar. I don't have the most damage output but I never run out of resources. I'm able to run with lower recovery and a little extra spell damage on my jewelry. The seducer I run in all heavy. Mainly because I pvp. This set up is able to solo most world bosses.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all