The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

About time certain guilds are dealt with (trader glitching)

Prof_Bawbag
Prof_Bawbag
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm really not sure where to post this, but rather than spam the main forum, this seems like the best place.

For weeks now, it's been a common occurrence that all the weekly MOTD have been glitched due to a certain set of guild alliances using questionable methods to obtain vendors. Those guilds know who they are, the people running them know who they are and a lot of other guilds who are being screwed over by these shoddy tactics know who they are. A lot of people have gathered evidence from the discussions these guilds use, have sent tickets in, yet these guilds remain.

Not only are guilds being screwed over, but many 1000's of regular players using other guilds are being screwed over because their respective guilds don't stand a chance of obtaining semi reasonable vendors, so their wears etc remain stagnant in guild stores and in their inventories. It's also not a stretch to say the gold made from these guilds are probably ending up on those gold for cash sites.

All we're asking is to allow people to put forward their evidence of the people involved and actually do something about this issue. If proven guilty, these guilds (not the innocent members within them) should lose everything as they have zero qualms about shafting everyone else that isn't them.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree. I would also say that this is definitely not the best place to get this noticed.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's time more people spoke up about this, so where would be the best place to post this? Many people, not just those running guilds, are being royally screwed over by a handful of self serving individuals that are only out to line their own pockets at the expense of everyone else. The best part is, it's their very own unaware members that are lining those GMs pockets the most.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on March 11, 2017 11:44PM
  • g0dlik3buthumbl3
    One of the guilds I'm in has a glitched trader message almost every week. This means they are doing something underhand?
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I'm one of the misinformed, or clueless individuals who have no idea how a glitched MOTD has anything to do with guild traders, or vice-versa. Care to enlighten me?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to explain this better , some of us have no idea what this practice is .
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll explain as best to my knowledge. A certain large trading alliance make dummy fake guilds and place 100k bids on as many traders as they can in the main towns. Deshaan front crag.! Atin in wayrest and possibly some in Elden root. In the event no one bids on that trader. Their fake guild will win it for 100k. They then disband their fake guild and have someone stand by that trader to hire it for 10k for their big guild. This is what also bugs out the trader notice in the motd. Except for the guild that exploited the traders in the first place. Their motd will still show which trader is owned. Every other guild won't.
    Their exploiting the trader system week after week and something needs to be done. Their also stealing from their members who believe the money they deposit and the taxes from their sales go to a trader. Which it doesn't, it goes in their pockets and sold for real money! Whilst all other honest guilds has to pay over 5m to get a Deshaan trader each week! For instance.
    The trading system was intended that upon a guild losing their bid. There would be a possible opportunity to hire a free trader. This alliance exploits the whole in the system stopping honest guilds doing this and causing another bug in the process. There's loads that can be done about this and implemented so it doesn't keep happening. Months and months it's still going on despite many people writing ticket after ticket with as much visible proof as needed.
    #MakeTamrielTradingGreatAgain
    Edited by Anne13 on March 12, 2017 4:01AM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of the guilds I'm in has a glitched trader message almost every week. This means they are doing something underhand?

@g0dlik3buthumbl3

No, it's a handful of guilds that are causing all guilds to glitch. As witnessed by your own guild, it affects every guild, even those above board guilds that go about their business legitimately. Which the vast majority of guilds do. Anne13 has went into more depth regarding the ins and outs of what's taking place.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on March 12, 2017 10:00AM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks @Anne13 for explaining the process. Could you please send me a list of the trading guilds associated with this alliance via a PM? I don't think I'm a member of any of these trading guilds, but would like to be sure. Plus I would prefer not doing any buying from them either.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    So 19.39pm a fake guild on front craglorn. Similar name to the guild that lost and will soon disband and bug out the traders for everyone! Congrats on yet another week of exploitation!! Screen shots, videos have been taken! I'm not giving up until these are stopped!
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, pancake Tuesday was last week or was it the week before? Haha They really do have a brass neck.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have screenshot of this certain guild having lost their bid with no trader hired. 24 minutes after they withdrew 7mill to pocket. Which their poor members donated during the week. And the taxes in their members sales.
    Guaranteed during early hours of the morning. The fake guild won't be there. The bigger guild will be and every other trader will be bugged!
    Zos please stop these lowlifes!

Edited by Anne13 on March 12, 2017 8:55PM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Would someone from ZoS kindly look into this issue, please? Like Anne said above, this has happened yet again.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on March 12, 2017 9:06PM
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well they did it around 5am....
    Edited by Anne13 on March 13, 2017 10:12AM
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, all MOTD's glitched again.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet they stroll around area to area gloating and doing childish emotes thinking that this is ok. I'm ashamed humans like this exist. Poor show. Something needs to be done and implemented.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    If a guild owns a trader they can't disban or if a guild disbands a trader whilst owning that trader is blocked out for the week.. loads I can think of to stop this from happening :/
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an issue but one that ZOS should stop at the source rather than try to combat each individual instance of it constantly. If a guild disbands, the trader counts as rented that week, but would have no store.

A more complicated solution perhaps is that a disbanded guild would have the kiosk become open again but ANY unbid/open kiosk simply gets an extra 24 hours of bidding available to it after it becomes unbid/open. No more 10k kiosks, but not more fast fingers wins either.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree, but still to this day each week this continues to happen
  • SoggyBizkit
    SoggyBizkit
    ✭✭✭
    How much does a trader go for in crag ? I always did find it weird that almost every week it was the same guilds taking the same traders. Would this explain why at the start of the week one trader would be purchased by a guild I never heard of then hours later owned by the same guild as the week before.
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    2m to 4m front crag
    1m to 2m back crag

Yes you're right, you can tell a dummy guild it'll have nothing listed and some similarity to some of their main guilds.

It'll then get changed to one of their main guilds ( which is the exploit )

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This keeps popping up from time to time. Makes me wonder if any PS4 NA guilds are doing this, too.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • SoggyBizkit
    SoggyBizkit
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it, if these traders are going for 2-4 mil gold then how are they getting them on a dummy guild for 100k surely if other guilds are bidding for them they would be putting in over 100k
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it, if these traders are going for 2-4 mil gold then how are they getting them on a dummy guild for 100k surely if other guilds are bidding for them they would be putting in over 100k

Because you can't bid on every spot and every spot involves a blind bid. For example, guild 'X' has no idea which trader guild "Y" has bidded on. The real issue is, if everyone was playing fair, those empty spots would allow other guilds a 2nd bite at the cherry so to speak. Instead they're left with no trader and every guild other than the perpetrator has their MOTD bugged out until ZoS come along a fix it during maintenance.

Imagine you, me and 2 other people had a guild each and there was 3 spots up for grabs, would you know where I was gonna place my bid and vice versa? We could all end up bidding on the same spot and I win and you walk away with nothing. One of the other guys is ok though as he has covered all bases with his dummy guilds. Then you realise you can't get a trader full stop because there's a host of dummy guilds in slots that would have been available if others weren't using loopholes or whatever you want to call it. Not enough guilds on the PS4 and this is all a side effect of that.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on April 26, 2017 10:35AM