Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request for 1 v X tutorials

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi. I watch a lot of the 'big' streamers and while I'm very appreciative for the build videos they make, I would LOVE to see one of these guys/gals make a tutorial about how to go about learning how to 1vX. If it was done well it would be showing essential skills/rotations, how to make the fights possible - what tactics are absolute must-know. Who to target, how to effectrively resource manage etc etc.
At the moment I'm happy to go after 5-6 low-skill players (scrubs, I believe the term is? lol) or 2 or 3 average skill players. I also play 3 different characters at the moment (magplar, magDK and stamblade) and I have to have completely different approaches to combat (obviously) to play to the chars individual strengths. But now I really want to push hard and take the next step and be properly competitive.
Most important of all - I play on Azura Star as I love the lack of the CP safety net - its frustrating as hell and incredibly punishing but its also TONS of fun.

Any ideas suggestions discussion banter etc etc - bring it on! :)
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Find small to medium size group of terrible players with PVE builds that don't dodge, shield, heal up, block or otherwise defend themselves properly.

2. Take footage. Post on YouTube. Add a back drop of some horrible band. Make a post here to stroke your ego.

3. ???

4. Profit!

Number #1 isn't that hard to find if you look hard enough. They're everywhere.

1491804338_Screenshot_20170408_004622.png

Edited by Minalan on April 25, 2017 10:02PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    1. Find small to medium size group of terrible players with PVE builds that don't dodge, shield, heal up, block or otherwise defend themselves properly.

2. Take footage. Post on YouTube. Add a back drop of some horrible band. Make a post here to stroke your ego.

3. ???

4. Profit!

2. Don't add anything from a terrible band. Only good bands. You know the classics of rock music. One of the Big 4 is always a good choice. Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Alter Bridge and Slash also good choices. As long as its not Death, Black, or *something*Core it should be fine. Or you could be even cooler and use classical music. Jazz and Blues wouldn't really seem fitting to me. Rap could work. Pop or any Electronic music is not a very good idea IMO, shows lack of taste for a 1vX clip.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3. ???

4. Profit!

2. Don't add anything from a terrible band. Only good bands. You know the classics of rock music. One of the Big 4 is always a good choice. Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Alter Bridge and Slash also good choices. As long as its not Death, Black, or *something*Core it should be fine. Or you could be even cooler and use classical music. Jazz and Blues wouldn't really seem fitting to me. Rap could work. Pop or any Electronic music is not a very good idea IMO, shows lack of taste for a 1vX clip.

F***. There goes my plan to have a One Direction soundtrack :pensive:
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Darth_Savage
    I hear you bro, not many youtubers do what you mentioned. Deltia has some Yolo pvp videos where he explains what he is doing and why. One of my favorite YouTubers is Baker of Cakes, dude is really skilled at stamblade and has done videos where he does 1vX AND explains what is going on. Keep at it and good luck bud!
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no 1vx. 1vx only happens when you meet horrible players. Any above average pvper with a good item build can destroy a bunch of scrubs.

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackdaniels has made some quality pvp explanation videos recently. He has been in a two man group in them though. He also usually runs an interesting nonmeta build.

Also be prepared to die a lot.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
    Edited by TBois on April 26, 2017 12:24AM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    It's a quantity game.
    For every sick clip of a single person killing 6 players, that same person has been zerged down 30 times in similar situations.
    Sometimes things click. Other times.....zerg eats player.
    Edited by Zander98 on April 26, 2017 4:33AM
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immovable pots are a must when against several opponents imo
  • BoxFoxx
    BoxFoxx
    ✭✭✭
    Fengrush's videos show all the essentials. While he doesn't give tutorials per say, you can get the gist of good gameplay from his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JadLkBUxej0

,,,also BakerofCakes gives pretty decent tutorials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofoRUCnLbI4
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add a back drop of some horrible band

Rather some non-copyrighted french trip hop.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Hi. I watch a lot of the 'big' streamers and while I'm very appreciative for the build videos they make, I would LOVE to see one of these guys/gals make a tutorial about how to go about learning how to 1vX. If it was done well it would be showing essential skills/rotations, how to make the fights possible - what tactics are absolute must-know. Who to target, how to effectrively resource manage etc etc.
    At the moment I'm happy to go after 5-6 low-skill players (scrubs, I believe the term is? lol) or 2 or 3 average skill players. I also play 3 different characters at the moment (magplar, magDK and stamblade) and I have to have completely different approaches to combat (obviously) to play to the chars individual strengths. But now I really want to push hard and take the next step and be properly competitive.
    Most important of all - I play on Azura Star as I love the lack of the CP safety net - its frustrating as hell and incredibly punishing but its also TONS of fun.

I heard CrescentJayrenGaming makes pretty good tutorial videos ;) u might wanna check him out
    Edited by crusnik91 on April 26, 2017 9:46AM
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @crusnik91 gives really good information on game mechanics and using them in combat. I haven't seen baker of cakes, but @crusnik91 gives some of the most level-headed commentary on his play style.

I think there are a couple things to realize. First, 1vX is entirely dependent on you fighting bad/mediocre players or players that are making mistakes. Second, a lot of 1vX is cherry picked. I know that I've got some material that could make me look like a god, but there are a lot of times I just met 2-3 good players and died in a few seconds of attempting LOS. Third, you don't get to do as many crazy cool things 1vX as 2/3vX. One person can't wipe a mid size group of good players, but 2-3 certainly can if they're working together and catch others with their pants down.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • the_broo11
    the_broo11
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed^

I don't have time to watch the streamers these days, but I can help with some insight from my experiences:

* Essential skills/rotations
    AOE CC is a must have (can be done without, but much easier with). Gives you breathing room when pressured. You can usually catch 1 or 2 that run out of stam and can't break free after chasing you. Any skill that facilities mobility as well. Not too much else to add as its very class-specific.

* What tactics are absolute must-know
    Line of sight (LOS) is probably the most fundamental. Know where you can pull to if you need to retreat momentarily (cliffs, rocks, trees). Also, animation cancelling is huge. You don't have to time to wait for your shuffle animation if there's 2 snipe spammers and a constant radiant locked on to you. Make sure to be comfortable with dodge, swap, and block cancels.

* Who to target
    Very situational. Be able to quickly identify what builds you're fighting. Healers are typically the biggest threat, but often the most difficult to kill. Taking one enemy out at the start will put pressure on the others, and one or two might stop attacking to go for the rez (which obviously you'll need to stop, this is also an easy opportunity for a quick burst while they rez). If I can't burst the healer, I try to take out the enemy with the highest-damage/easiest-to-kill ratio (snipe spammers with 18k health, mag sorcs with terrible uptime on shields, etc.)

As noted in the comments above, you will die a lot more than succeed. There's definitely a learning curve involved. Start paying attention to details before you go in, and figure out what you could have done better if you end up dying.
    Xbox One NA
    GT: the broo11
    Spell Casting Wizard - medium 2h/bow stam sorc
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baker Of Cakes is actually one of the better stam blades out there, very annoying person to fight cause he's usually running some high burst gank build & pulls it off better than most.
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭

3. ???

4. Profit!

*everywhere on pc, console there is less fodder.

Pc is easy mode pvp
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the_broo11 wrote: »
    Agreed^

I don't have time to watch the streamers these days, but I can help with some insight from my experiences:

AOE CC is a must have (can be done without, but much easier with). Gives you breathing room when pressured. You can usually catch 1 or 2 that run out of stam and can't break free after chasing you. Any skill that facilities mobility as well. Not too much else to add as its very class-specific.

Line of sight (LOS) is probably the most fundamental. Know where you can pull to if you need to retreat momentarily (cliffs, rocks, trees). Also, animation cancelling is huge. You don't have to time to wait for your shuffle animation if there's 2 snipe spammers and a constant radiant locked on to you. Make sure to be comfortable with dodge, swap, and block cancels.

* Who to target
    Very situational. Be able to quickly identify what builds you're fighting. Healers are typically the biggest threat, but often the most difficult to kill. Taking one enemy out at the start will put pressure on the others, and one or two might stop attacking to go for the rez (which obviously you'll need to stop, this is also an easy opportunity for a quick burst while they rez). If I can't burst the healer, I try to take out the enemy with the highest-damage/easiest-to-kill ratio (snipe spammers with 18k health, mag sorcs with terrible uptime on shields, etc.)

As noted in the comments above, you will die a lot more than succeed. There's definitely a learning curve involved. Start paying attention to details before you go in, and figure out what you could have done better if you end up dying.

Thanks for this Broo - really appreciate it! Targetting is is what I'm trying to improve at the moment. Usually if I'm on my stamblade I'll focus on archers or nightblades (because I've noticed that most healers go into instant panic mode and start overhealing - if I'm fully buffed I can kill the archer while the healer is using up their resources, then focus ion the healer).

I dunno if it's just me (probably!) but I've found magDK a LOT of fun for PvP very survivable and nice damage too (especially in small spaces like during seiges) - I use burning spellweave set with jewellry & s+b of the Sun with burning talons and lots of other burning stuff. :smiley:
    Edited by Bam_Bam on April 26, 2017 10:50PM
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baker Of Cakes is actually one of the better stam blades out there, very annoying person to fight cause he's usually running some high burst gank build & pulls it off better than most.

I've come across some really scary stamblades this past year. My recent bugbear on Azura's Star (EU PC) is one called Alyssa or Alyzza - silly high damage and pretty amazing defence tankiness (most NBs tend try and vanish - this one just stands there and goes crazy and kills everyone. @Alyssa/Alyzza -hi if you're reading this haha! :) )

Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crusnik91 wrote: »

I heard CrescentJayrenGaming makes pretty good tutorial videos ;) u might wanna check him out

I am all over your YT channel like stink on cheese! LOL, great stuff m8 :)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.) Put on high damage/tanky low sustain gear.
    2.) Have lots of tripots and immovable pots.
    3.) Find group of potatoes.
    4.) Attack lowest HP potato with undodgable ultimate.
    5.) Run around a tree or rock until you have another ultimate.
    6.) Repeat steps 4-5 until all potatoes are dead.

*Use immovable and tripots as needed

Step 3 is the most important step. Without potatoes 1vX videos would not be possible. Everyone thanks you, potatoes.
    Edited by mtwiggz on April 27, 2017 6:37AM
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭

Haha thanks! but make sure u got that sexy Swiss Fondue cheese because I dont want that supermarket cheese near my channel :D
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    I just target noobs to get my kill numbers up.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tutorial ?

You can make 1 vs X just against bad players, If you solo win against 6 people ( example ), you did not play well ; are the six people who played badly...
    A good player cannot beat two good players.

I think anyway That the two most important points are : Kiting at the right time and Always use LOS ( Trees, rocks, etc. )

:)
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha thanks! but make sure u got that sexy Swiss Fondue cheese because I dont want that supermarket cheese near my channel :D

PMSL!!! :smiley:
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed^

* Who to target

And you will die. And that's ok.

To many people are hung up on trying to survive as much as possible; it's a game and you are going to respawn lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Agreed^

* Who to target

To many people are hung up on trying to survive as much as possible; it's a game and you are going to respawn lol

Ummmmm, yeah - I forgot how fun it is to die? LOL
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed^

* Who to target

I'm there is no difference in dying or running away, either way, you lost, imo. Survival in just alright, destroying your enemies is fun :)
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 28, 2017 6:03PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed^

* Who to target

He is right, though. People have never learned in this game that it is the losses that are most valuable in the learning/improving process.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    br0steen wrote: »

3. ???

4. Profit!

Pc is easy mode pvp

is this for real

Watching the "top tier" console 1vXer videos on youtube is str8 cancer... try soloing in PC azura literally the most vicious teamspeak zergs you hit 1 in the very back from a LOS location literally all 30 will turn and chase you down with coordinated encase spams and dedicated resource poison resto staff backline healers
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    br0steen wrote: »

3. ???

4. Profit!

Pc is easy mode pvp

is this for real

Watching the "top tier" console 1vXer videos on youtube is str8 cancer... try soloing in PC azura literally the most vicious teamspeak zergs you hit 1 in the very back from a LOS location literally all 30 will turn and chase you down with coordinated encase spams and dedicated resource poison resto staff backline healers

Agreed. Although most of the Azura guilds play this way. I don't like it but I do it, BUT thats more to do with the way the reward system is set up. Individual rewards are really cack and everything is geared toward th monthly campaign - everyone wants to be in that top 100 on the campaign winning side. There's nothing noble AT ALL about chasing down a couple of players from a different Alliance but if you do, it can have far-reaching consequences and really smash morale. And players with low morale die way faster. Just my 2 pennys.
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Play a 1h/shield, resto backbar, 7 HA, MagDK in a nonCP campaign often. I've found it easiest there. Talons, Embers, Engulfing flames, Talons, Whip (squishiest player), whip (they should be dead or close to it). Rinse and repeat. Balance your resources with magicka pots in between Dragon Leap. Try to block any time you don't have their backs.

If player B and/or C are outta talons range, keep Wings up and use Stonefist in between talons.

Always stay close to objects so you can LOS when need be.

If you're hurting on health after player A and/or B, mist form out until your pot is available and come back again. Generally they will use a lot of stamina trying to keep up with most form, so talons plays hell on them when you're ready to fight again.

Know when you've bitten off more than you can chew and mist.

But most of these posters are correct... average players cannot 1vX other average/good players.

Great players can tho.