The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Email Verification and Support Services Not Working

ESO_Lars
ESO_Lars
Hi ESO Support,

To preface what an absolutely tragic support system you have here. I almost don't want to try return to the game as this has become so frustrating...

When I log in I am greeted with the:
ACCOUNT PROTECTION

You've logged into Elderscrollsonline.com from a new device or browser. For your security, we've sent a special access code to your registered email address. To verify that you're the owner of this account, please enter the access code below.

For your security, you'll need to grant access to this computer by entering the access code we've sent to your email.

The issue is that no email is received, no matter how many times I try this. I have a few email accounts and have checked this across each account multiple times for good measure. I have waited for over an hour, have checked spam boxes, and have tried to log in to the email services from different portals (web and application based).

Additionally, to make the system even worse, I cannot log into support (need authentication) and when I raise a support ticket to one of my email addresses I receive no confirmation email that me request has been logged. This is why I suspect the outbound email service may not be working.

You have no live help functions so is going to your public forum is the only way to receive support if users are unable to receive emails?

I would appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Lars
  • ESO_Lars
    ESO_Lars
    I have found an old verification email from noreply@mail.elderscrollsonline.com (early Feb 17).

This validates I am checking the right email address in case there was any concerns.
  • ESO_Lars
    ESO_Lars
    Argh. Tried again and the verification email came through.

I am still missing 5+ attempts worth from the past couple of hours including the support email.

Feel free to close this off but I would suggest checking what could have caused a potential outage seeming how critical the email service is to website and game functionality.