The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion for Dueling

grim_tactics
grim_tactics
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sure his has probably mentioned but I just thought this could be fun.

Why not have an arena included in a future DLC where you can que up say 12 to 24 ppl. The amount or size of the tournament determines the value of the reward.

So you duel and if you win you advance and if you get eliminated then you can just go back in join another instance.

New titles could be a thing and top 3 or so get rewards but pay out could expanded based on player pool.

Could even do a buy in for a gold payout as well. (Doubt ZOS would do this cause it may be considered "gambling" but I mean - it's fake money in a video game.)

I know some may worry that this might attract cheaters but I think it's one way to make dueling a better part of the PvP experience.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by grim_tactics on April 21, 2017 3:53PM
  • Avius
    Avius
    ✭✭
    Instead of dueling, arena with tournament system would be better idea.

It's good idea but:
    -balancing 1v1 is very, very hard
    -they need human resources to implement such activity, and I think they prefer spend that money on hmm ... new mounts?

Duel system is good and it's meant for fun, but not for competitive experience.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be a great competitive experience for those who enjoy PvP but hate dealing with the Zerg-wave and always 1vXing because- even though you can lfg in Cyrodiil- there is hardly any communication.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you think ZoS cares about gambling you must not have heard of crown crates
  • Avius
    Avius
    ✭✭
    I think it would be a great competitive experience for those who enjoy PvP but hate dealing with the Zerg-wave and always 1vXing because- even though you can lfg in Cyrodiil- there is hardly any communication.

It's totally true, but 4v4 coming and that's the direction ZoS choosed.

I do not deny that idea is good, but we won't see it in my opinion.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think a que would work because you would have unkillable troll builds entering just to be annoying. But it does sound like a good idea if ZoS could just get rid of unkillable builds it would be fun
  • taiji2078
    taiji2078
    ✭✭✭
    My only suggestion about dueling: turn it off from settings. There it is. Problem solved.

If you want to duel and pvp, play other MMO's. ESO is great for questing and to play great stories. PvP isn't their thing :)) ... and if you enjoy it, you're playing the ONLY class that can actually do some dueling ... and that isn't fun at all to play in pve.

For me all this spells like "failed design".
    Magicka Pet High Elf Sorcerer , Magicka High Elf Nightblade, Magicka High Elf Templar, Imperial Warden Tank
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taiji2078 wrote: »
    My only suggestion about dueling: turn it off from settings. There it is. Problem solved.

If you want to duel and pvp, play other MMO's. ESO is great for questing and to play great stories. PvP isn't their thing :)) ... and if you enjoy it, you're playing the ONLY class that can actually do some dueling ... and that isn't fun at all to play in pve.

For me all this spells like "failed design".

I wouldn't say it's a failed design.

This game is just not balanced for 1v1.

I enjoy doing dueling to pass time and get away from the constant Zerg wave in Cyrodiil.

The more I duel though the more I see that what I initially thought of is really not applicable unless it's only SorcvSorc of DKvDK and so on.

So yeah - I withdraw the idea.

Hopefully battlegrounds utilizes group play with the occasional 1v1 clutch fights.