The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Possible work around for tanking nerf

WalksonGraves
WalksonGraves
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm thinking permablocking might still be possible if you run something like desert rose and hunt leader on a nb. You can switch while blocking and have both pools passively refilled while one resource regenerates.
Edited by WalksonGraves on April 22, 2017 3:30PM
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking permablocking might still be possible if you run something like desert rose and hunt leader on a nb. You can switch while blocking and have both pools passively refilled while one resource regenerates.

Ssshhhhhhhh
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new easiest way to permablock will be to run a hybrid tank with shield and frost staff, and maxed reduce block cost.

With a moderate stamina and magicka pool, you'll be able to block for quite a long time still, and when you get low you swap to the other pool, allowing recovery to kick in.

I plan on doing this for my warden tank. Will use a regen food like red frothgar or jewels of misrule, and the bull netch for stamina recovery. On shield bar, blocking time will be extended by the netch stam return and constitution/black rose. While blocking with the shield, magicka will be recovering. Once stamina gets low, make sure the netch is refreshed then swap to frost staff; blocking now uses up magicka while my stamina recovery, constitution, and the netch quickly restore my stamina pool.

The only fights where prolonged blocking is necessary typically require you to do nothing but block, taunt every 15 seconds, and use ultimates, so you're not spending resources on anything else. In any other situations, permablocking isn't usually necessary.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Blake6332
    Blake6332
    ✭✭✭
    You will still be able to permablock with ypur exact same builds. Put the same points you had in cost reduction into block cost CP and arcanist, and dont have over 20k stam and your sustain will actually be better this patch.
    Options