Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is the best way to tell market value on items you are selling PC/NA server

Tornaad
Tornaad
✭✭✭✭✭
I am at a point where I am selling items on a regular basis and would like to have an easy way (other than pestering my guild mates) to tell what the average price is for something. Does anyone know a good way to tell?
I am on the PC North American Server.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Either use Master Merchant addon if you're in a trading guild or several(it only tracks sales of the guilds you're in) or use Tamriel Trade Centre addon/site which tracks prices globally(however it tracks stuff put on sale, not stuff actually sold).
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Either use Master Merchant addon if you're in a trading guild or several(it only tracks sales of the guilds you're in) or use Tamriel Trade Centre addon/site which tracks prices globally(however it tracks stuff put on sale, not stuff actually sold).

Thank you @Magdalina I'll have to check both of them.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Magdalina Is there a general range that things are worth? I found a really old article that gives general values, is that still about accurate? Or do you think the addon route is a better route?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »
    Magdalina Is there a general range that things are worth? I found a really old article that gives general values, is that still about accurate? Or do you think the addon route is a better route?

Prices change pretty fast, for example they did the anniversary event which made it a lot easier to acquire many rare motif pages and that caused most motifs to plummet in price(now they're slowly getting back up though). They released master writs and at first the prices of all mats jumped up as people needed mats for writs they were doing like crazy, then that slowly died down, however due to how many writs were done the market became saturated with gold mats and their prices dropped a lot too. Every major patch overhauls some sets/skills/stuff, ending up in making some things more useful than others, even if formerly they were considered worthless(for example sharpened fire/lightning Necropotence staves go for 300-400k on pc na now because they're bis for pet sorcs which are insanely strong right now. That was not the case before all the pet buffs and will no longer be the case when ZOS eventually(and inevitably) nerfs pets).

The market is very dynamic, use addons to try to keep up to date with it ;)
    Edited by Magdalina on April 21, 2017 9:07PM
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Zuboko wrote: »
    Magdalina Is there a general range that things are worth? I found a really old article that gives general values, is that still about accurate? Or do you think the addon route is a better route?

Prices change pretty fast, for example they did the anniversary event which made it a lot easier to acquire many rare items pages and that caused most motifs to plummet in price(now they're slowly getting back up though). They released master writs and at first the prices of all mats jumped up as people needed mats for writs they were doing like crazy, then that slowly died down, however due to how many writs were done the market became saturated with gold mats and their prices dropped a lot too. Every major patch overhauls some sets/skills/stuff, ending up in making some things more useful than others, even if formerly they were considered worthless(for example sharpened fire/lightning Necropotence staves go for 300-400k on pc na now because they're bis for pet sorcs which are insanely strong right now. That was not the case before all the pet buffs and will no longer be the case when ZOS eventually(and inevitably) nerfs pets).

The market is very dynamic, use addons to try to keep up to date with it ;)

Thank you very much again. @Magdalina
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use old prices. If you are in good trade guilds master merchant will be your best guide. I use TTC as a backup for when I don't have a reasonable MM price.
    1909_Sears_ad.jpg
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use old prices. If you are in good trade guilds master merchant will be your best guide. I use TTC as a backup for when I don't have a reasonable MM price.
    1909_Sears_ad.jpg

hahaha That is the reason I was nervous about the age of the article and the reason I looked for when the article was published in the first place.
    Edited by Tornaad on April 21, 2017 9:06PM