Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Mage Guild Inquiry

Sckazy
Sckazy
Hello fellow Scrollers,

Few questions are bugging and couldn't a previous answers for them so I would appreciate if someone could enlighten me.

I'm trying to level up my Mage guild for my Magicka Templar and I heard that only acquiring Lore books can up the skill line, sadly on Ps4 and it's a pain in the ass:

1- Skills: Currently I'm level 3 and I was wondering if putting Mage Guild skills on your bar will help you xp it like other Skill line leveling mechanisms without having to find all the Lore books, say for example 2 skills? Do I have to find over 700+ books to get it to Lv10?

2- Gear: Also I've heard about completing sets which increase your experience towards this skill line, which set? Do you have to wear it when looking for the books?

3- Quests: I've completed the first Quests given by the Master guild which requests to find the firsts books and bring them back, which I've done, but no further quests are given to me for the Mage guild. Are there other quests that helps you Xp for them?

Thank a lot!

Sckazy.
☠ For the Pact ☠
EU
PC/PS4
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4 too, I use the internet a lot when I am questing for stuff (skyshards, lore books). This site is very useful for lorebook locations, hopefully it will help you.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of the training stuff seemed to help level mages guild any faster for me. Look in your journal> lorebook and it lists the ones you have. Start lorebook hunting. It totally sucks.

You get a bit more XP for finishing each set of lorebooks. I would completely skip eastmarch. There's one hidden behind a big drawn out quest there.
  • Sckazy
    Sckazy
    Can't be helped I guess, feels like I'm hunt Horcrux's.. :s
    ☠ For the Pact ☠
    EU
    PC/PS4
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ONLY way to level mage guild is with purple lore books. If you're looking to get to 10 for comet...it's a long grind.

Lore books are divided in collections, found in your journal under lore...shalidors insights. Every zone has a zone collection (i.e., ten books in Auridon Lore all found in Auridon) and will also contain a few random books from 1-3 other collections. You get mage guild leveling for each book, then a big boost for completing a collection.

To get to 10, you're looking at completing 14-17 collections. There are good online sites like Dulfy, or I use an iOS app called The ESO App...it has maps with lore books and shards.

Note that in most zones that region's collection (Auridon lore, eastmarch lore, etc) tend to be clustered in 1/3 of the map. Dulfy's guides mark these as red so you can see what I mean:

http://dulfy.net/2014/03/29/eso-auridon-lorebooks-guide/

Therefore, a good start is hopping from zone to zone and completing those collections. Then once that's done check your journal and start wrapping up other collections you've partially completed.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    The ONLY way to level mage guild is with purple lore books. If you're looking to get to 10 for comet...it's a long grind.

Lore books are divided in collections, found in your journal under lore...shalidors insights. Every zone has a zone collection (i.e., ten books in Auridon Lore all found in Auridon) and will also contain a few random books from 1-3 other collections. You get mage guild leveling for each book, then a big boost for completing a collection.

To get to 10, you're looking at completing 14-17 collections. There are good online sites like Dulfy, or I use an iOS app called The ESO App...it has maps with lore books and shards.

Note that in most zones that region's collection (Auridon lore, eastmarch lore, etc) tend to be clustered in 1/3 of the map. Dulfy's guides mark these as red so you can see what I mean:

http://dulfy.net/2014/03/29/eso-auridon-lorebooks-guide/

Therefore, a good start is hopping from zone to zone and completing those collections. Then once that's done check your journal and start wrapping up other collections you've partially completed.

^^^^ This .... only way to lvl Mage's Guild line is to gather books, the guild lines do not level like other skills, for FG line its based off of killing daedra and undead and MG its books ... the grind is pretty long but on PC at least there is the lorebook addon but for console your best bet is to just look up maps of locations on the net and follow those as stated
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on April 21, 2017 4:04PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣