Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A few questions for someone new to the forum.

UnversedNumber3
UnversedNumber3
✭✭✭
1. I see a [Z] beside some peoples names and I am assuming that they are mods or admins. What does it mean when there is a [Z] next to the title of a forum?
2. Can I close a thread after I get my question answered? If yes, how do I close a thread?
3. I see that there is some sort of individual ranking system for members of the forum. How does that work? What are the ranks?
4. How do the admins keep their sanity while reading all of this hate, conspiracy theories, and nonconstructive criticism?

I hope I am posting this in the correct place. If not, let me know.
Played for about 2 years on Xbox and did everything you can do (-emp).
Still pretty new to PC-NA.
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. I see a [Z] beside some peoples names and I am assuming that they are mods or admins. What does it mean when there is a [Z] next to the title of a forum?
    2. Can I close a thread after I get my question answered? If yes, how do I close a thread?
    3. I see that there is some sort of individual ranking system for members of the forum. How does that work? What are the ranks?
    4. How do the admins keep their sanity while reading all of this hate, conspiracy theories, and nonconstructive criticism?

I hope I am posting this in the correct place. If not, let me know.

1. Z means Zenimax Online Studios, or ZOS for short. They're Zenimax employees.
    2. Only mods can close threads.
    3. You earn badges and points by participating in discussions, and rank up.
    4. They don't, hence the patch notes. Clearly everyone at ZOS has gone insane. :trollface:
    Edited by Majeure on April 21, 2017 5:43AM
  • DeathlurkZ
    DeathlurkZ
    ✭✭✭
    What does it mean when there is a [Z] next to the title of a forum?

It means a mod left a comment in the thread

• Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeathlurkZ wrote: »
    What does it mean when there is a [Z] next to the title of a forum?

It means a mod left a comment in the thread
    Indeed, and if you click on that Z it will take you to the first ZOS reply, from which you can click on the arrows to navigate through the subsequent ZOS replies.