The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Alternative MDK builds???

Moglijuana
Moglijuana
✭✭✭✭✭
Decided to race change my unloved Stam DK over to MDK to try some "non-meta" builds out. Anyone have any builds they have been thinking of but don't feel like committing the effort to test them out? I'll try them for you if I like the look of them! Give em to me ;)

Currently I'm thinking of going 5pc Elegant/3 Willpower/Mael Inferno/Master Lightning/Slimecraw for some cheesy H.A. kills =P.

Side Note* My main is my bae MDK and is all golded out so he will stay as is since it's OP.
Edited by Moglijuana on April 17, 2017 8:03PM
Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro+BSW+shadowrend w/ DW? Could massive shields makeup for using two damage sets? Never bothered farming/buying the sharpened swords to try it out.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Decided to race change my unloved Stam DK over to MDK to try some "non-meta" builds out. Anyone have any builds they have been thinking of but don't feel like committing the effort to test them out? I'll try them for you if I like the look of them! Give em to me ;)

Currently I'm thinking of going 5pc Elegant/3 Willpower/Mael Inferno/Master Lightning/Slimecraw for some cheesy H.A. kills =P.

Side Note* My main is my bae MDK and is all golded out so he will stay as is since it's OP.

If somebody shield stacks, put shield breaker and use the lighting staff. He/She will curse you.
    Because I can!
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro+BSW+shadowrend w/ DW? Could massive shields makeup for using two damage sets? Never bothered farming/buying the sharpened swords to try it out.

Ooooooh, haven't thought about shadowrend with necro. I'll farm that helm tonight!
  • CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    @Moglijuana

5 beckoning steel
    5 nikulas
    2 bloodspawn..

So fun if you have 2-4 man group.. Hold block and wings and absorb mag and I used 1h and shield reflect ulti with my banner of might on the back bar so that all the ranged spam is intercepted..reflected..empowered by Dragon scales and then the empower from banner. Gonna be dependent on ur crew and if you zerg then there's no reason to not just spam offensive chaotic junk with the other guys..But really :) really satisfying for myself when I had 2 buddies vs that zest. All the guys buffin/empowering bow attacks and overloads etc..lol it was classic

Support setup but i thought it would classify as alt build so :D
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CMurder435 wrote: »
    @Moglijuana

5 beckoning steel
    5 nikulas
    2 bloodspawn..

So fun if you have 2-4 man group.. Hold block and wings and absorb mag and I used 1h and shield reflect ulti with my banner of might on the back bar so that all the ranged spam is intercepted..reflected..empowered by Dragon scales and then the empower from banner. Gonna be dependent on ur crew and if you zerg then there's no reason to not just spam offensive chaotic junk with the other guys..But really :) really satisfying for myself when I had 2 buddies vs that zest. All the guys buffin/empowering bow attacks and overloads etc..lol it was classic

Wow, that's actually kind of genius haha.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy attacks build is all that is left. The end
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Moglijuana any results from early testing?
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Moglijuana any results from early testing?

I tried shadowrend with necro + bsw...It's actually really good 1v1...open world? Nothing amazing. The pet didn't seem to be up when I needed it most leaving my stats kind of low when in a pinch (I wish DK's had some stat increase passives like other classes).

I also tried destro/lightning staff with elegant netting me a bunch of hilarious kills lol. Nothing like a 15k destro into a undodgeable lightning heavy for the execute lol. The defensive options with that are kind of difficult though.

Which in turn led me to use pirate skeleton for the first time on a MDK and holy cow! I think I figured out how to be a frontline, light armor wearing, destro build that can kill at will lol (no destro ult needed). May keep heading that direction in prep for Morrowind nerfs.
    Edited by Moglijuana on April 19, 2017 2:34PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pure paper theory; prob won't work next patch if the changes stand as is, but have a go if you want:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=12047
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    Mdks should really look close at the alt mastery set. Jewelry, one light and weapon...
    Not only does it help with cost mit only 2% less than seducers, it also makes your ults 6% cheaper....along with block, CC break, everything if the patch notes are right and the fixed it.
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Pure paper theory; prob won't work next patch if the changes stand as is, but have a go if you want:

Ha, that's pretty similar to what I plan on running next patch ;). I prefer Pirate Skeleton/Bloodspawn over Slimecraw though. You don't need any regen for staff builds btw, also Willpower is better than ancient grace if you're under 42ish max mag.
    Edited by Moglijuana on April 19, 2017 6:21PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ha, that's pretty similar to what I plan on running next patch ;). I prefer Pirate Skeleton/Bloodspawn over Slimecraw though. You don't need any regen for staff builds btw, also Willpower is better than ancient grace if you're under 42ish max mag.

Yeah it's not tweaked; I was just toying around. I think Slimecraw has a lot of potential. If I went with a non-Bloodspawn defense set, I'd prob choose Chudan over Pirate. I don't like praying to RNGesus in combat. And yes I know I could cast VA, but freeing up a skill slot is precious. And Bloodspawn may no longer be BiS for DKs with the Battle Roar nerf.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah it's not tweaked; I was just toying around. I think Slimecraw has a lot of potential. If I went with a non-Bloodspawn defense set, I'd prob choose Chudan over Pirate. I don't like praying to RNGesus in combat. And yes I know I could cast VA, but freeing up a skill slot is precious. And Bloodspawn may no longer be BiS for DKs with the Battle Roar nerf.

YO. I FORGOT ABOUT CHUDAN OMG. And yea I don't like RNG either, but I can usually mist form around until that baby procs and then go to work ;)
    Edited by Moglijuana on April 19, 2017 8:50PM
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative

YO. I FORGOT ABOUT CHUDAN OMG. And yea I don't like RNG either, but I can usually mist form around until that baby procs and then go to work ;)

I tested Chudan, it's pretty bad... Maybe it'll change next patch, but currently it's meh...
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5 x Alteration Mastery
    5 x BSW / Sun
    2 x Bloodspawn

Playing with this at the moment.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tried many but I made a very special build from an Infused Elegant lightning staff that proc'd 5500 fire damage. I don't want to disclose the full build as it's pure aids. The perfect zergling build.

I hope the 'infused' bit gives it away to the theory crafters out there though. It's not too hard to figure out and once you've tried it you will laugh your ass off. 1 button wonder.
    PC EU
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zander98 wrote: »
    Mdks should really look close at the alt mastery set. Jewelry, one light and weapon...
    Not only does it help with cost mit only 2% less than seducers, it also makes your ults 6% cheaper....along with block, CC break, everything if the patch notes are right and the fixed it.

All of this is true except for reducing block cost
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It will reduce the block next patch too.
    Because I can!
  • CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    CMurder435 wrote: »
    @Moglijuana

5 beckoning steel
    5 nikulas
    2 bloodspawn..

Wow, that's actually kind of genius haha.

Thanks mog :smiley:
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

It doesn't reduce it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYATBJ8WK4s
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

It doesn't reduce it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYATBJ8WK4s

I know. That is why I said it will. I just dont know is it multiplicative or additive bonus to the other passives.
    Because I can!
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    5 x Alteration Mastery
    5 x BSW / Sun
    2 x Bloodspawn

Playing with this at the moment.

I've been using BSW/SUN/Bloodspawn this whole patch, but yea might have to switch one of those to a sustain set next patch.
    Edited by Moglijuana on April 20, 2017 6:59PM
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    I've always loved alt mastery since 1.4. Only thing about it, since I main a magical sorc, no max magical on the set bonuses can hit my builds.
    But it makes sense it doesn't have any, since it would then be superior to seducers in every way. At least IMO.
    If you think about it the 5 piece is only 4% off from the potentates bonus.
    I do hope they fix the blocking cost mit.
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which in turn led me to use pirate skeleton for the first time on a MDK and holy cow! I think I figured out how to be a frontline, light armor wearing, destro build that can kill at will lol (no destro ult needed). May keep heading that direction in prep for Morrowind nerfs.

I'd like to try that kind of build out if I get pirate skelly shoulder piece.
  • Fjorynn
    Fjorynn
    ✭✭✭

I currently run 5 Elegant, 5 Clever Alchemist and 1 Kena on my magDK. Hits hard, sometimes even one shots. The idea behind the build is to buff up with Molten Armaments, proc CA, proc empower from mages guild, heavy attack then stone giant. If the target is still alive just do a light attack + force pulse. Invisibility potions synergise very well with the build.

The build:
    Ingredients for the potion:
    Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot. Gives Major Expedition and vanishes you.

Thinking of getting Undaunted Infiltrator at some point.
    I like janky builds.
  • WhoThenNow7
    WhoThenNow7
    ✭✭✭
    Fjorynn wrote: »

I currently run 5 Elegant, 5 Clever Alchemist and 1 Kena on my magDK. Hits hard, sometimes even one shots. The idea behind the build is to buff up with Molten Armaments, proc CA, proc empower from mages guild, heavy attack then stone giant. If the target is still alive just do a light attack + force pulse. Invisibility potions synergise very well with the build.

The build:
    Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot. Gives Major Expedition and vanishes you.

What is the 2nd skill on your back bar?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fjorynn wrote: »

The build:

What is the 2nd skill on your back bar?

Dampen Magicka... the other morph instead of Harness Magicka.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. 5 Rattlecage + 5 BSW/Sun + 1 Shadowrend + 1 Chokethorn + Atro Mundus + 2 Regen/1 SD

2. 5 Seducer + 5 BSW + Charged Lightning with Shock enchant backbar + 2 Bloodspawn + Thief Mundus + 2 SD/1 Regen for infinite Powerlashes

3. 5 Blackrose + 5 Magicka Furnace + 2 Bloodspawn + Thief Mundus + 2 Cost Reduction/1 SD for infinite Sustain

4.5 Rattlecage + 5 Kagrenacs Hope + 2 Grothdarr/Bloodspawn + Atro Mundus + 1/2 Regen/1/2 SD quite balanced Setup

They are all 5h/1l/1m, tried all of them since 1T :blush:

Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers