Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Provisioning high level recipies (CP150+)

ravenwendigo
ravenwendigo
✭✭
Hi,

I have a problem with regards to obtaining high level gourmet recipes:
Capon Tomato-Beet Casserole (level 150)
Jugged Rabbit in Preserves (level 150)
Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce (level 150)
Withered Tree Inn Venison Pot Roast (level 150)
(if i am not mistaken, those are the highest level possible, i don't think there are level 160 recipes)
They were never in drops and I visited many guild sellers to find them, but I couldn't.
I would be grateful if someone suggests what I might do to obtain 1 or 2 of them, thank you.
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    While rare, they are occasionally part of the rewards for doing master level writs.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only thing to do is keep searching the popular vendor spots, you should find 2 - 3 within a week. Right now you can get them in the anniversary gift boxes if you're lucky,... but that ends soon. Doing writs is another way to find them. Also I've noticed high level gourmet recipes can be found in Cryodiil and Craglorn containers and chests. Of course wandering around in Cryodiil and Craglorn has it's own type of risk/reward situation you need to take in account.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got them all by farming the Mages Guild in Orsinium. If you have that DLC, just go into the Mages Quarters and steal to your heart's content. There are no NPCs in there, so you don't have to worry about getting caught, and there are quite a number of furniture containers in there. Plus, you'll have other stolen items you can fence.

EDIT: Another place you can farm is the Hollow City - all the containers are unowned there. About 25% of the time, you will get recipes that used to drop for that zone (lv 35-50, I think), but 75% of the time you will get CP 150 recipes.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 13, 2017 4:49PM
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am constantly searching guild stores for recipes. I've seen the Capon one for sale more than any others. I have never seen the Jugged rabbit one, though I have it on my main - no clue where I picked it up.
    agn231 wrote: »
    While rare, they are occasionally part of the rewards for doing master level writs.

Not me... I typically receive as a reward the very recipe I just made to get the reward :)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's harder to get CP150 purple recipes from the writ rewards since:

1) You only get Tier 6 writs 50% of the time. The other 50% are Tier 5 writs, which provide CP100 recipes.

2) The writ recipes (e.g. Markarth Mead) are still in the loot table for CP150 writ rewards. For all other tiers, the recipes required for the writs were removed when they added them on the Grocer/Brewer NPC vendors.

So, you have more green recipes clogging the loot table and you only get the CP150 writs 50% of the time.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    I believe I got the venison pot roast recipe several weeks ago, perhaps as a writ reward...I can't honestly remember for sure. My provisioner, sadly, did not get to add that to his collection as I greedily put that sucker up for sale almost immediately. :smiley: I saw that as a way to make gold and to help my more OCD completionist ESO fellow travelers out by sharing. Mainly to make gold.

So, to be sure, the more rare recipes are certainly available. I highly recommend searching through lots of different guild traders if you really need to get a specific recipe or to complete a collection. Depending on RNG will take you a long time, most certainly.

Edited to correct the recipe name.
    Edited by Capsaica on April 13, 2017 5:14PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The prices for these have skyrocketed, though, so be prepared to spend some hard-earned gold if you go the trader route. Start by setting a price you're willing to spend, and then shop around. If you can't find ANY at that price point, then you'll need to adjust it.

However, follow some of the suggestions for farming and you may find one that way, which would save you some gold.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I've seen those are not that rare. By far the rarest are the mid level ones. Because the way they drop. Once you level your provisioning skill the lower level ones will drop far less so few people find them.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when Wrothgar came out, those recipes dropped like candy at a parade. They were selling cheap, in particular the Capon one sold for 500 Gold for months. However in the last 6 months, even doing Tier 6 Prov Writs on 4 characters, I have not seen a Purple Recipe from a Provisioning Writ.

I have picked up a couple from random containers or mob loot though.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Back when Wrothgar came out, those recipes dropped like candy at a parade. They were selling cheap, in particular the Capon one sold for 500 Gold for months. However in the last 6 months, even doing Tier 6 Prov Writs on 4 characters, I have not seen a Purple Recipe from a Provisioning Writ.

I have picked up a couple from random containers or mob loot though.

Nestor, I agree that they seem to be dropping less now. I think that is, in part, due to the fact that we only get Tier 6 writs half the time. The other half we get the stupid Tier 5 writs that reward CP100 recipes.
  • ravenwendigo
    ravenwendigo
    ✭✭
    Thank you guys!! Really appreciate your input. I will try farming and keep a lookout at the guild traders just in case.

Thanks again!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys!! Really appreciate your input. I will try farming and keep a lookout at the guild traders just in case.

Thanks again!

Don't forget to open as many anniversary boxes as you can.

I received a purple Imperial Stuffed Piglet recipe today in one of the boxes (that one is a rare CP50).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 15, 2017 7:20AM
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    The purple recipes aren't that rare, just keep doing provisioning writs and you'll get them. Now the blues in the 20's and 30's that's a different story.

I think the way it works is rng decides if you get green, blue or purple and then a separate rng roll decides which recipe you get from that colour.

Even though you don't get purples very often because there aren't that many different ones its not too bad to get them all. There are similar numbers of greens and blues, because you get greens most often you can get all of them without too much grief. With the blues you don't get them very often plus there are a lot of different ones so getting a particular one you want is hard. Apart from mythic ambrosia and the ambrosia recipe you can buy with master writs I'm only missing 2 recipes, both blue level 30.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673