Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nightblade endgame pve gear?

Orm_embar
Orm_embar
Hey there. So far this forum has been very helpful and my nightblade went from terrible to a ton of fun so I'm making a new thread asking for gear suggestions.

I play a stamina khajit nightblade and just hit cp160 so I'm ready to start getting end game gear. I only do solo pve so keep that in mind. I've been planning on trying hundings rage 5 piece, briarheart 5 piece for the heal bonus since I don't have vigor so that extra heal would nice. This leaves some spaces open so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to use velidreth helm and shoulders for the damage against bosses but this would put me in 4 piece when using bow although I mainly use my dual wield bar.

Not really sure and there's so many options so any help would be great! I also have 7-8 traits researched so I can't craft everything yet.
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not 100% up to date on my NBs builds, but I believe things like Vicious Orphan are pretty great. Try to get VMA weapons too, as those will really help with DPS.

Might want to ask someone like @Alcast for more info though.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast mostly concentrates on end game pve. Maybe some stamina build guides from Deltia might work. Personally for solo pve your hunding + briarheart will do fine and go get that vigor too it's not that hard to get anymore.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES TO VELIDRETH. So powerful on a stamblade. The helm is on sale at the golden this weekend if you need it.

My main is a Khajiit stamblade, and I pvp and pve with him. I agree they are fun, but challenging. I'll offer some tips from the standpoint of a pretty good but casual player, who'd rather just go play than spend four zillion hours grinding for a BIS sword.

- Alcasthq.com and sypherPK maintain my favorite build sites right now. They are both very good about recommending both BIS and almost-as-good gear. They both know their stuff.

- some are a little down on stamblades in pve right now. Everyone is running all magic for trials...and there are reasons for this. But as you continue grinding CPs for this vet level content, I'd mention that I think Morrowind will be beneficial to stamblades. The strength of magic builds stems a lot from endless resources, allowing spam shields, wards and heals. ZOS is looking to reduce resources a lot in update 14. I think this will help stamblades compared to other classes. We'll see how things shape up, but when they say their top goal is making resource management an issue again, that's better news for stamblades than sorcs or DKs.

- I like Hundings as a "base set". What I mean is that my stamblade 2 years into vet carries gold Hundings gear in all seven pieces and four weapons. This allows the most versatility with mixing and matching other sets. I don't have to find specific pieces for a second set ifmim going to run Hundings...this is a QOL thing for me.

- I often run Briar/Hund in tough pve. My briars are up all the time, and it's a great combo for me.

- you totally need vigor, sorry. Do wall repairs, and help defend in some big battles. Or PVE your way through it...this is actually good practice with your nifty new sets. Go into an empty campaign (preferably where you can port to half the map). Run the resource capture repeatable quests. It's 1500 AP for capturing any resource, another 1000 for the quest. You need about 85,000 for vigor. If you find a small group in a lightly populated campaign, ringing the resources and taking the keep is 10,500 AP all together. You can earn vigor in two nights of light play.
  • Orm_embar
    Orm_embar
    Thanks for the response you helped my other threads too! I do need the velidreth helm but don't have anywhere near that gold or alliance points to buy it. I just went broke buying different briarheart pieces from the guild vendors since I didn't like the style of the ones I found with divines trait lol.

Good idea with the hundings. Id love to be able to do that but since I don't have a large inventory of mats yet I've been waiting to craft new cp160 version of it until I knew exactly which pieces I needed since it takes a lot of material to craft it.

How do you find the heal of briarheart is? I hear it isn't all that great due to it having a cool down of 1 sec between heals.

I'll try pvp out again I guess. I tried it once before for a while and didn't earn much ap since no one was really playing that campaign on my side. The cp campaigns are probably more populated. I heard it's easy to just run around and spam regen on people lol is that true?
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »

- you totally need vigor, sorry. Do wall repairs, and help defend in some big battles.

Side question: How do you do wall repair? I'm pretty new, but the other day I was having fun in Cyrodill when our Keep was attacked. I noticed people trying to repair or reinforce the door as they were pounding it with their siege weapons, but when I walked up to it to help all I saw was the prompt to use the door and go outside.
    Ingame:
    Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScytheNL wrote: »

- you totally need vigor, sorry. Do wall repairs, and help defend in some big battles.

Side question: How do you do wall repair? I'm pretty new, but the other day I was having fun in Cyrodill when our Keep was attacked. I noticed people trying to repair or reinforce the door as they were pounding it with their siege weapons, but when I walked up to it to help all I saw was the prompt to use the door and go outside.

You need to buy stone and wood repair kits from the vendor in keeps and outposts quickslot and then use from quickslot to wall or door.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    ScytheNL wrote: »

You need to buy stone and wood repair kits from the vendor in keeps and outposts quickslot and then use from quickslot to wall or door.

Aaaaaaaaaah that figures. Thanks :)
    Ingame:
    Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL