The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any hints for defeating the Omen of Blood?

fridgebuzz
Often I find hints on the forums and roundabout the web on how to deal with some difficult bit, but I can't find anything on the Omen of Blood at the end of the quest about finding the dream shard in Pariah Abbey in Stormhaven. If anyone has any tricks or tips they'd be much appreciated. I'm a level 20 Templar, but I fear this boss is too much for me to take straight on without some advice. I'll keep trying, but...if you can help I'm sure I won't be the only one who is grateful!

(E.g. somewhere I found a tip about beating the Omen of Fear that worked very well, so help from others can make all the difference!)

TIA,
Vanessa
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that the one
    that transforms into different forms?
  • fridgebuzz
    @brandon yes that one. And mobs of wisps as well! It's the "wisp storm" or whatever that usually gets me. Just can't dodge all of 'em. Usually the trick to these things is finding something/somewhere to shelter for a bit, but I haven't figured out where I can cower ;)
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't answer sooner been kinda busy. The only advice I can give you is
    1 heal heal heal
    2 when she splits into the 3 different forms ignore the other forms and attack the main target
    3 stay on the move when she does her aoe it can't hurt you if it can't touch you
    4 don't focus so much on dodging the wisps try taking them out fast
    The main thing you should do is attack hard and fast. I think this is a lvl 21 quest, but you shouldn't need to lvl up to beat it. I'm a Templar as well. I don't know what lvl I did it at, but I know that it wasn't so hard. I just tried to take her down as quick as possible.
    If you still need help a rundown of your skills would be helpful in giving you better advice.
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    I can't kill this stupid *insert curse here* either. I'm VR7 stamina based assassination/dual wield nightblade and I've died like 10 times already.

She's got her wisp adds, and I don't have an AoE other than the upgraded whirlwind.. this isn't good enough to take them down fast. I tried just to focus on her, but the adds increase to the point of being unable to ignore them =/. Tried to take them out one by one, but that is not getting her down fast enough, I tried to interrupt that ouchy spell, you can't. So I run around with a buttload of adds on me trying to dodge and by then I'm dead. I've resorted to raging and screaming at my computer... which is really attractive for an adult. -_-

Leveling up isn't too much of an option at VR levels.. so I've just got to find a way to out damage her. Even with very good food it isn't going well.. I've used up almost all my health pots -_-

UPDATE: Today I am going to give this another go (until I'm out of pots I guess). I'm going to try two things the first being just an all out crazy assault on her and ignoring the other junk (if I can, it didn't seem to work too well before, oh if only we could stack pots AND food) or running out of the building to buy me some time to kill wisps and hopefully avoid that AoE crap. I'll update later with results -_-
    Edited by Anex on October 31, 2014 10:18AM
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    I realized that I had Silver Shards at some point and busted that out. The fight went pretty well and was a close call until like a fool I hit Q instead of a life-saving 1 (which is a stun for me).. but then Lo and behold! I did not know but that isn't a solo quest. A person showed up and together we took her down. Of course in Vet areas you don't often come across people, so I wouldn't rely on it, but ding *** (apparently the sound a bell makes is censored.. wow, just wow) the witch is dead.
    Edited by Anex on October 31, 2014 2:42PM
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • fridgebuzz
    Sorry I never updated this thread with how I eventually killed this boss, but I do remember taking @brandon's advice and giving up on trying to dodge or ignore the wisps. Killing them as quickly as possible instead was the way to go, as was concentrating on the main one when she splits/transforms. I didn't attempt to kill all the wisps, just any that got close while I was trying to damage the boss. I don't remember if I used Silver Shards or not, but that would be a good choice. That and spamming some damage-dealing ultimate as often as possible. Basically, I gave up on all attempts at finesse and just attacked as aggressively as I could. Good luck to anyone else stuck on this witch!
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    fridgebuzz wrote: »
    Sorry I never updated this thread with how I eventually killed this boss, but I do remember taking @brandon's advice and giving up on trying to dodge or ignore the wisps. Killing them as quickly as possible instead was the way to go, as was concentrating on the main one when she splits/transforms. I didn't attempt to kill all the wisps, just any that got close while I was trying to damage the boss. I don't remember if I used Silver Shards or not, but that would be a good choice. That and spamming some damage-dealing ultimate as often as possible. Basically, I gave up on all attempts at finesse and just attacked as aggressively as I could. Good luck to anyone else stuck on this witch!

@fridgebuzz
    Glad i could help you get through that!
  • W33NEESTROKE
    W33NEESTROKE
    Soul Shriven
    SOLUTION : have a healing potion. I engaged boss. And dpsed him till halfway. Popped a pot. Took out adds. Ran to back of room and kited him around the back wall. Until I had full Heath and pot was off cool down. I can out from behind the wall and finished him.
  • moltenpark
    I'm still trying to finish this one. Using some of the techniques already mentioned, but not able to complete the quest yet. I will try more health potions.

I know this is an old thread, but if anyone has any more advice on how to kill the Omen, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. :)
    Edited by moltenpark on May 1, 2016 1:47AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pace yourself,slot fg hunter,repentance. Use jabs/sweeps and don't dump your resources.keep distance.
  • iamheath
    iamheath
    Soul Shriven
    I need help with this one. I am a mage that has summons stuff, dark magic and storm calling. Please help. Those damn wisps are kicking the *** out of me faster than I can heal..... I am level 23 so I should be able to handle this damn thing.
    Edited by iamheath on April 19, 2017 6:51AM