Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Make crafting skill levels and recipes cross characters

Zardayne
Zardayne
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry didn't know how to word the title exactly. I don't know if this has been brought up before (Im sure it has) as I've just recently returned from a break but has anyone questioned and got an official answer if they will ever allow your crafting skills and possibly your recipes to be used across all of your characters. I recently began playing an old character, I'm talking about from the first 3 or 4 months after PC release and I dropped him to play another in another faction. When I came back I decided to play my old character and not my (4) lvl 50 trade skilled character. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to jump on any character and have the same trade skill levels where you only have to pump in the required points to use them? It would mainly be for convenience sake so you dont have to log off and log on the skilled character that has all of the invested training time and recipes on. Anyway, has anything ever been said on this or is this just a pipe dream? I guess the same goes for the days and days of horse training too...
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really, really doubt they're ever going to do that. Especially now with master writs.

Players invest a ton of time and energy in leveling multiple characters through crafting so that they get more income. I have ten characters that can do all six max level writs. The fact that I can do 60 writs a day means I have 10x the gold mat income of someone who does 6. All of those kutas, alloys, etc are a result of the time I put in transferring intricate stuff to my bank, deconstructing it, hunting shards and spending points...

It would be very convenient if they didn't have to learn motifs, recipes and traits as well, but that's the game.
  • stebo104ub17_ESO
    stebo104ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am new to the game, but I wouldn't mind seeing something like shared crafting between charters. But alts would still have to lvl each craft, and have a vendor that would have all the dropped recipes sold for a pretty high amount (gold dump lol), but only unlocked on this vendor if one char on account has learned this recipe. If it's a recipe that's already on a vendor then have it sold for half price. If it's a recipe from the ESO-store then make it free to all on account (and account bound) once learned.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting..no, horse training yes.
    The only reason to have multiple crafters knowing all the recipes/motifs would be for master writs, otherwise one main crafter is sufficient to meet all your crafting needs.
    Horse training required for every character, however is just sadistic and serves no purpose other than to annoy anyone making a new character.