The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bugs reported for months and still no fixes?!?!?!

GunMetalGazm
Ok guys I love the game. But, it seems when it comes to serious bugs you support team is garbage. Here are a few complaints I have and these have been on going from what I've seen online.
Random Dungeon Generator kicks you out when you go to dungeon. This is been happening the whole time and you guys have not fixed this!!!??? WTF is wrong with you?
Dark Brother Hood Quest Bug. This has happened to me 3 times where in the exact same daily quest the 2nd target is in the wall!!!! See Pics
Load Screens. As I write I have been on a load screen for over 5 minutes. Don't say its on my side cuz it aint!!!
Fix this!!! I pay for a service and I expect it to work.
Voice Chat kicking you out of your group chat or guild chat when you teleport.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting complete audio losses every couple of minutes now. It knocks out all audio on the Xbox, even in the dashboard and other apps, but it's definitely initiated by events in ESO. Unplug/plug of the headphone cable fixes it, but every two minutes?

Going to try it without headphones for now.
  • Pheavice
    Pheavice
    Soul Shriven
    It's important to know that anyone programming or performing any daily tasks at any game maker is being told what to do. That's the agreement we all have between employer/employee. The support team, just like any other team or person with a job, is at the mercy of management. Now, management's goal is to make money so they can get fancy bonuses and raises. Since ESO had their victory party many years ago, there's no drive for improvement if it costs money or their precious "more important that us" time. This leaves us with a binary choice: Either stick with the game and hope (hope doesn't pay to install a pool at the vacation house) OR not spend any additional time playing this "NOT ready for Xbox" game.

As a fairly new player (about 2 months of playing) I'm just a couple more game flaws away from uninstalling. I'm having several issues just trying to get into dungeons with the rest of the group and get the same copy/pasted responses. 75% of my attempts to enter dungeons end up porting me back/porting me to a different "instance" of the dungeon/me having to leave the game and wait for the timer/logout for the rest of the day and play something else. I choose to play something else.

I played EQOA on PS2 for several years and I think it's safe to say that there has been no improvement in the time it takes to fix an issue. Sure, they are more complicated, but there's no excuse maintaining skeleton crews that have no time and resources to develop a plan for a solid fix, especially with a subscription available (HAHAHAHAHAA!!)

Also know that the people that respond to us players and "answer the phones" sure as heck aren't in a position of authority. Management wouldn't even run a website and email address if they thought it'd save a few pennies, and they would NEVER allow you to speak with them. I can assure you that the programmers and customer service reps are more invested and much more bothered by this practice than we are as players, unless they've been outsourced to another big corporation, which is a sign that things are not going to get any better.

*CORPORATE SECRET OF THE MODERN DAY BUSINESS* - Upper management isn't nearly as busy as you think they are..........ever. They'd rather convince you that hundreds of people would "need to be involved in the decision" when in reality it's usually just 3 people who would rather not miss tee-time or, better yet, have no idea how to proceed and just ignore it. It's unfortunate, but it's reality.

I love me some MMORPGs and I'll go all-in with a good game for months, but if I can't even play the game and have fun, it's only a matter of time before another takes hold. There's no reason to stick around.