Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Change character name?

FlyLionel
FlyLionel
✭✭✭✭
I think there is an option in the crown store or something about changing a characters name. I want to change my main characters name(its the same as my psn id
..) but I do not want my pvp rank or anything else changed..lol put 2 much time in for anything like that to happen. Can someone tell me how to? And if there are any other changes..want to play it super safe and just change the name. Also away from home atm so no access for a bit. Thanks.
The Flyers
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown Store -> UPGRADES -> Service Tokens -> Name Change Token / Name and Race Change

Using the [Name Change Token] in the Character Selection Screen allows you to change one of your characters' name and only its name once, as the token is consumed when you apply the change. No you can't change it to a name another character of yours already has, you have to delete or rename the other character first.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    I think there is an option in the crown store or something about changing a characters name. I want to change my main characters name(its the same as my psn id
    ..) but I do not want my pvp rank or anything else changed..lol put 2 much time in for anything like that to happen. Can someone tell me how to? And if there are any other changes..want to play it super safe and just change the name. Also away from home atm so no access for a bit. Thanks.

Name change token should only change the character name. No changes to race, class, ranks, skills, XP, or anything like that.

To be safe, purchase the token while playing the character that you want to use it on. I do not remember if one character can buy it and another character use it.

Edit: Also, I recall that the token is used upon success, not attempt, so it does not go away until you have successfully changed the name.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 17, 2017 1:41PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A name change token from the crown store will do exactly what you want - it changes the characters name and nothing else.

Be aware you can only change it to a name that's not already taken on your server. If you've got a specific name in mind and you've got a character slot free it might be worth checking the name is available by making a new character and giving them the name you want first. If it is available you can delete them then use the token, if it's taken you can experimenting to see if you can find a new one you like before paying for the token.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"