Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Ryzen 1700x or i7 7700k

Xenofex
Xenofex
✭✭
Hello, Who can tell which CPU will perform better for this game Ryzen 1700x or i7 7700k.

My guess is i7 7700k because it has 4 cores, not 8 like Ryzen 1700x.

Thanks
Flawless Conquer
  • Xenofex
    Xenofex
    ✭✭
    Forgot to mention. Yesterday I was at friends apartment and I tested Cyrodil (zergfest) with i7 7700k and I got 40 FPS which was playable.

Is ESO still a single core (thread) based game?
    Flawless Conquer
  • Xenofex
    Xenofex
    ✭✭

I have studied these kind of comparisons but ESO is task specific...
    Flawless Conquer
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run an amd 8370 processor and in my task manager it shows that all 8 cores are being used when i play ESO..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Blake6332
    Blake6332
    ✭✭✭
    You do not need even CLOSE to an i-7 for this game. My girlfriend has an i-5 7500, and I have an I-5 6600k, never dip below 60 FPS on ultra. You have to take into account your RAM too, 16GB preferred. I run a 1070 and she runs a 760. Both PCs never dip below 60FPS in this game.
  • Vycelord
    Vycelord
    Soul Shriven
    I have three systems. R7 1700 + rx480 4gb, r7 1800x + fury x, and i7 6700k + rx 480 8gb.

I've only tried eso on #2 and #3 ... They run about the same but unfortunately ESO just runs maybe 2-5fps better on the system with the highest IPC and Single core perf (the 6700k). I have only played about an hour on my 1800x and didn't try trials or zergs so if I do ill update this reply.

I hate being brutally honest because I'd never go back to my skylake build... I love this frickin fury Ryzen machine.
    Edited by Vycelord on April 16, 2017 8:11AM
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark
    ✭✭✭
    Most multi-threaded games are done with less than 4 threads. There is only so much that you can actually do at a single instant in a game.

Best bang for your buck for games is an i5. For multitasking (YouTube, game, teamspeak, random app) an i7 will bring some performance gains.

Apps all have different preferences on what is important performance wise, but you will not find any modern game on one core. Not any non-indie game anyway.

Given the new field AMD is fielding, I would suggest giving it a shot, unless Intel announces 8000 series (or whatever they call it) for the new factor.

*if anything I say makes no sense, I am frantically typing on a small phone with my second drink.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CPU wont matter from an i5 to an i7, ESO max's out one core and wont utilize the rest of them. i would not base a purchase of computer parts on this game,better to find something else to future proof your set up