Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help needed with multi-character - group - guild

Jess1ca
Jess1ca
Hello everyone!

I am a newbie who plays a damage dealer lvl 36. I just created a healer. I play on xbox.

My goal: play with the same people, but rotate roles. So i will be switching from my DPS to my healer and so will other members of my friends to do dungeons.

My question: how can i play with both characters??? I can't add both in a group! I just created a guild and even if all accounts are now members of that guild and so are the characters... i still can't switch so i can either play both characters and see my friends health on left top corner of screen. Even worse: my friends can't see my new little lvl 6 healer...

I'm sure it's a small detail i don't get yet... but please help me so i can have all characters playing together (not at the same time... i know... lol)

EDIT

I realise it's hard to understand me.

Reason 1: im a newbie.

Reason 2: im a french chick. Bare with me, english is a pain for me haha.

Let's start over.....
I want to switch between 2 characters depending on my mood... or my group needs.

I want to login and be able to see my friends. But so far they only see my level 36. They don't see my lvl 6 healer in group. They see it in guild if i login with it. On the map, they see my lvl 36... but my healer is invisible to them... EVEN IF IM STANDING IN FRONT OF THEM! lol
Edited by Jess1ca on April 14, 2017 10:54PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't play both characters at the same time. You'd have to log out of one and into the other.
  • Jess1ca
    Jess1ca
    Yeah.... that's what i wrote at the end of my message... I don't want to play both SAME TIME... i just want to be able to play both (depends on my mood) and be able to have my friends with me.

Thank you for the answer redspecter23 tho <3
  • Jess1ca
    Jess1ca
    I realise it's hard to understand me.

Reason 1: im a newbie.

Reason 2: im a french chick. Bare with me, english is a pain for me haha.

Let's start over.....
    I want to switch between 2 characters depending on my mood... or my group needs.

I want to login and be able to see my friends. But so far they only see my level 36. They don't see my lvl 6 healer in group. They see it in guild if i login with it. On the map, they see my lvl 36... but my healer is invisible to them... EVEN IF IM STANDING IN FRONT OF THEM! lol
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what the problem is. Friend lists and guilds are account based. Once you are "friended" with someone you will see ALL of their characters on that account and your friends will see all of your characters. The same applies to any guilds you join.

BUT ... only your currently logged in character is visible to friends and guildmates. There is no way that I am aware of that friends can see your characters that are not currently logged in - well they do see your last logged in character when you are offline but none of the others.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i think you mean you want to stay in a group while you change characters- unfortunately you can't do that. you have to leave the group- and be re-added to the group- its not as much of a hassle as it seems. i ve often done dungeons- and depending on the needs at the time- someone drops out , etc- needed to change to a healer or tank or dps to finish the dungeon. i just log out- ask someone to kick the old me- and re-invite the new character I'm on. but you have to add them as a friend first so that their on each others contacts.

i hope that helps.
  • Jess1ca
    Jess1ca
    Ok guys thank you so much for the help! MakoFore, you really got what i meant. Thank you, I thought groups were permanent when in fact they are just a "regroupment of people for a quest (temporarely).

As for not seeing it on the map... Apparently the problem was... me. HAHA!

Our advanced character was in a quest that was happening in the "past" and the new one not. So no matter what we were trying to do, we could not see it on the map.