Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Non-sorc Magicka build with high burst?

sticx45_ESO
sticx45_ESO
✭✭✭
Anyone have any sugestions for a non-sorc Magicka based build with really high burst potential? I don't care for the sorc class, but would like to try something out. I'm playing a magiplar atm, and the damage is ok, but really lacks burst when needed.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Misread the OP. Please disregard.
    Edited by EldritchPenguin on April 14, 2017 2:17PM
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • sticx45_ESO
    sticx45_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Heh Guessing nothing other than Sorc exists.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean burst? Who do you want to burst down? If you want to nuke people in pvp as a magicka char, only sorc is an option.
  • sticx45_ESO
    sticx45_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, talking pvp burst. In pvp you need to be able to put out decent burst to secure kills. ESP in 1vX
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magick a night blades have highest aoe burst potential for pvp
    PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD
  • sticx45_ESO
    sticx45_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Magick a night blades have highest aoe burst potential for pvp

Really? with what? detonation?

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are playing the correct class now, in the magicka department templar comes second for burst.
    Purifying light > Toppling Charge (stun) > Puncturing Sweep (if the enemy is stunned it will land for sure) > DB (or not) > Jesus Beam (if it doesnt work Purifying light will finish the job).

I main magblade, but unless you want to play in stealth, you cant burst in a sure way like templars can, Sweeps and Jesus beam cant be dodged.
    Edited by alephthiago on April 15, 2017 6:35AM
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magblade out of stealth play is devastating burst. alot of good builds out there for that at the moment, its a particular style of play though- not for everyone.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magic Templar and Magic NB can both have very high burst if built right, for magic Templar look at people like Moontan for how to build, for magic NB look at people like Blobs (ignore his latest build with Stygian, you'll never get that to work in actual open world PVP IMO.)

Here's an example of what I run open world for magic NB:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=13205

Your usual burst combo is Empower+15k Shooting Star+Mass Hysteria+15-20k Merciless Resolve. It's less consistent than magic sorc's burst, and you don't have a good execute to combo with as magic NB (they'll probably dodge, shield, block, and/or heal out of execute range before you get an Impale off) but it's the best counter to tanks I've found as magic NB this patch.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17