Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How can I check prices?

warrior9880
I'm on Xbox one and I was hoping there would be some kind of price estimators, I have some Stygian rings and sharp Stygian inferno and can't find any in guild traders. I'm not sure if they are worth much but can't find any to compare to. Anyone know anything?
Edited by warrior9880 on April 11, 2017 3:09PM
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    check out eso price check. they have a web site and apps. web site is free. apps are low cost $.
  • warrior9880
    Ya that websites kind of terrible, it only has the obvious up on it, thanks for trying to help tho
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild traders sound like a nightmare without Master Merchant and AwesomeGuildStore.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Guild traders sound like a nightmare without Master Merchant and AwesomeGuildStore.

A nightmare would actually be an improvement.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're in an active, helpful guild you can try asking for a price check in guild chat.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on Xbox one and I was hoping there would be some kind of price estimators, I have some Stygian rings and sharp Stygian inferno and can't find any in guild traders. I'm not sure if they are worth much but can't find any to compare to. Anyone know anything?
    I'm just curious on where you're looking, because I see these items in guild stores frequently, with each one at insanely ridiculous prices.

The problem with guild stores is the cost of the listing fee and house cut is directly added to the price of the item, which means the seller is getting less than what's listed. So consider this when you're trying to judge prices.

If it were me, I'd head to popular areas and enter chat and sell directly without the middleman of a guild. Set your price to a reasonable amount, and you can easily sell your item(s).

Reasonable should entail the following:
    - did it take you 2 hours to run a vet dungeon where you obtained the item?
    - Was this the only dungeon the item drops?
    - how "rare" is it really?
    - who is the target buyer? Mid level? High level?
    - what would YOU deem as a fair price if you were the buyer?

Don't be afraid to undercut guild store prices. The transaction should make you feel comfortable, not what others think you should sell it for, and both should be pleased with the trade.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if on console the tamriel trade center should give you an overview if item if valuable or not.
    First you get the low bids then you get average and finally the overpriced ones.
    Prices tend to be higher on console.

If you have a lot to sell it might be smart to put price low to get sales moving as you only have 30 slots.
    Expensive items however it can be smart to sell higher
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ScytheNL
    ScytheNL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's horrible. I found 2 Kuta runes, and 'Google' told me they were worth anywhere between 12.000 each and 500 each. I asked one of my guilds and a dude told me 10.000 for the pair was reasonable so i put them in the Trader for that amount and sold them about a day later so I assume he was probably spot on. But there is no real good way to check.
    Ingame:
    Ezekiel Zakriah, Redguard Nightblade

Xbox One, GT= Scythe NL
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without an addon, the best way is to look at a busy guild or two and look up the item and check price vs how long it's been for sale. When there are many entires like with Kuta, you can kind of figure it out.
    If a bunch have been for sale for 24-28 days at around 1 price, and a higher price has like 10 days, the price for the recently listed items is probably close. If the item has like 7 days left, the price may be too high (or the item more rarely needed).

Since I belong to several trader guilds, I go to the bank and can quickly check prices at several guilds.

Just ignore the super high prices for things. Some are newbies, some are fools, some are buying from gold sellers.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomg999 wrote: »
    Without an addon, the best way is to look at a busy guild or two and look up the item and check price vs how long it's been for sale. When there are many entires like with Kuta, you can kind of figure it out.
    If a bunch have been for sale for 24-28 days at around 1 price, and a higher price has like 10 days, the price for the recently listed items is probably close. If the item has like 7 days left, the price may be too high (or the item more rarely needed).

Since I belong to several trader guilds, I go to the bank and can quickly check prices at several guilds.

Just ignore the super high prices for things. Some are newbies, some are fools, some are buying from gold sellers.
    Yes, running with master merchant you can see lots of idiot prices.
    It might also be an guild store thing, some fool sell something at 10x normal price so the others tries to sell it a bit cheaper.
    And yes the posting date is important. something who has been out for weeks is overpriced.
    The good location guild stores is nice places to check as they tend to have mostly good traders so they don't try to pull many overpriced items.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    If you're in an active, helpful guild you can try asking for a price check in guild chat.

Except when you have a guildie outright lie to you in order to rip you off 10K for a stack of full soul gems, as happened to me this morning. I won't be selling anything in chat anymore until I can verify price at an independent trader, or preferably several traders.