Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Turn Off Alliance Campaign Notifications?

xari228
xari228
✭✭✭

Hiya,

I'm a PVE player, but I'd rolled a new toon last month and decided to enter a campaign in Cyrodiil just to see what's what.

I ended up deciding that Cyrodiil is not for me, so I'm not planning to return; problem is I keep getting these annoying "So-and-So dropped the scroll!" messages scrolling across my screen (my WHOLE screen!!!) and, though I've searched the menus high-and-low, I can't find a way to turn off Campaign notifications.

I really don't want to have to spend 100K to quit the campaign (or, alternatively, delete this toon) just to get rid of the stupid notification.

Is there some option to turn those off that I just haven't come across?

TIA, xari.

Platform: PS4/NA | Alliance: AD

Best Answer

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately for us console peasants, there is not. I actually do enjoy PvP, but when I'm not PvPing I couldn't care less about who picked up whatever scroll (honestly I usually don't care even if I am in Cyrodiil, but it's less annoying then). There really needs to be an option to turn off these notifications.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Answer ✓
  • xari228
    xari228
    ✭✭✭

Alas. Well, it's early days, so maybe I'll re-roll the toon.

Thanks for your reply!

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in very much the same boat except my char had way way too many hours on her when I first popped into (and left) Cyrodiil. I very much wish there was a way to disable those stupid notifications. I tried Cyrodiil to see if I might like it. I did not like and never plan to go back. Continuing reminders across my screen of my poor decision to try something new. Urg.

Please give us the ability to disable the notifications!
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • xari228
    xari228
    ✭✭✭
    Continuing reminders across my screen of my poor decision to try something new. Urg.

Please give us the ability to disable the notifications!

Exactly. Very much agree.

• uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I really want the skyshards and achievements in Cyrodiil but hate PvP so it's not worth it to me to put up with those freaking distracting notifications. Why the ability to turn these off in console is not included, is beyond me. They really need to implement it. I might even try PvP again someday if they did that, but until it's possible, I just won't do it.