Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[DISCONTINUED] Discord Bot with ESO information

chi_ras
chi_ras
✭✭✭
ojrz8xe2g2tj.png

UPDATE: Dear FoxBot users,

the FoxBot has come into age and the time has come to retire after 3 years of activity. The reason is simply that I do not have the time anymore to maintain and develop the bot in a proper way and the community-development did not pick up.

The good news for you is that @Woeler and @Alcast have been working on an alterative bot the last couple of months. It already covers most of the FoxBot features, plus some fantastic new ones on the ways, and we are in contact to get most others into this one. So I strongly suggest to migrate by using this invite link: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?&client_id=481439269479645194&scope=bot&permissions=522304 or checking this website: https://alcasthq.com/eso-the-dwemer-automaton-discordbot/ .

To maintain a smooth transition, the FoxBot will stay online until end of October. You do not have to do anything to get rid of it, it will just go offline and not reappear some time in November.

If you want to show your appreciation for my bot-works within the last 3 years, feel free to check donation options: !ripfoxbot

I hope you enjoyed the FoxBot and we see each other in-game!
Fox

#############################################

The Fox-Bot source code has been released: https://github.com/chiras/foxbot Feel free to make your own bot or to engage into development of the main FoX-Bot. And join https://discord.gg/VNrzzvg for developer discussions.

UPDATED LIST OF COMMANDS (V2)
Full documentation: http://foxbot.biotopia.info

Statistics: 1500+ Servers already use the bot! Awesome!

Tipp: All commands now have a "-help" option

Regular Events
!pledges -> Today's Undaunted pledges
!trials -> This weeks's special trials

Weekend Vendors
!golden -> Cyrodiil's Golden Vendor Items
!luxury -> Luxury Housing Vendor Items

Game Information
!set -> Set item information (e.g. !set skel)
!price -> TTC guild vendor listing prices
!lb -> Leaderboard scores (e.g. !lb $account, EU, HRC)

Group Tools
!poll / !vote -> Start a poll, vote and end it

Official Information
!status -> ESO server status
!patch -> Latest ESO patch notes (and PTS with option)

Media
!youtube -> Hot and new ESO videos
!twitch -> Current top 5 ESO streams

Bot
!config -> Options to adapt the bot to your needs
!contact -> Contact information for the Bot author
!help -> This help page

Cheers ESO community,

few months ago I created a Discord bot for my guild (Exterminatus, EU-PC) to get easy and quick access to some ESO related information. The list of commands grew over the time and is now a nice setup for ESO related information. So, I want to share this bot with you now, so that not only my guilds can benefit, but every ESO guild that uses Discord for guild/group communication.

Invite link: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=251443671541481472&scope=bot
The Bot needs only read and write permissions and embed links (!) in the channels where you want it to be allowed. You can thus make it work only in dedicated channels by disabling "read" permissions in all other channels.

If you want to check it out first before allowing it to go to your server, use this instant invite link to my test server: https://discord.gg/xY4jwrQ or contact me directly in Discord ID: Fox#6800
I will kick you after a few days from that server, since it is just a sandbox where bot commands are spammed.

Current implemented commands are:

!help -> displays all commands

!pledges -> Today's Undaunted Pledges
!trial -> this week's specially rewarded trial

!golden -> Cyrodiil's Golden Vendor Items (weekend)
!luxury -> Luxury Housing Vendor Items (weekend)

!patch -> Latest ESO patch notes
!patchpts -> PTS (Morrowind) patch notes
!set SETNAME -> Set item information (e.g. !set skel)

Here the exemplary output of the !golden command

3L0YsNO.png

Disclaimer: This bot may be down some times, since I have to take the server where it resides on down/restart from time to time. So don't expect 100% uptime. If you see that it is longer than 5 hours down, drop me a message in discord directly, bots are known to have disconnection issues sometimes in Discord.

Credit: I crawl most of this data from other websites, and I contacted the authors of these sites to reuse the data. So the credit goes mostly to these guys! Here the sources:
Golden/Luxury info: http://www.benevolentbowd.ca
Pledges/Trial/Leaderboard info: http://www.esoleaderboards.com
Maintainance/Patchnotes: http://www.forums.elderscrollsonline.com
The rest is taken using the official APIs available for the corresponding information or my own data collections.

I am always open for ideas and suggestions for new commands, best directly through Discord Fox#6800 or ingame @it's.fox
I hope it will be useful to you guys and girls as well.

The FoX

UPDATE: Embed links permissions are required to work well with the new design!
Edited by chi_ras on September 27, 2018 2:28PM
CP600+
Almalexia - EP - mSorc
Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
Da'Fox - EP - sDK
Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
White Fox Vixen - EP - mTemplar
This Fox is a Cat - EP - sSorc
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic! Looks pretty handy!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    If you encounter any problems, let me know. It is active on two of my guilds, but you never know whether other servers break stuff :dizzy:
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chi_ras wrote: »
    If you encounter any problems, let me know. It is active on two of my guilds, but you never know whether other servers break stuff :dizzy:

Can do! Trying it out on out guild discord as well as my discord server. It was brilliant that you added a contact command so that if I ever have problems and totally can't find this thread again, there's a way to track you down :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    I fear the most common issue to contact me will be when the bot is down. So no contact command then :wink: but in all other cases it will help
    Edited by chi_ras on April 10, 2017 6:48PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Just to keep you guys updated. The bot is receiving a complete visual overhaul, it's output is not as clumpsy as before:

3fckqek.png

Not all commands are yet adapted, but will be in the next days.
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks! I love this! I added it to my guild discord server.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for sharing!
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers ESO community,

few months ago I created a Discord bot for my guild (Exterminatus, EU-PC) to get easy and quick access to some ESO related information. The list of commands grew over the time and is now a nice setup for ESO related information. So, I want to share this bot with you now, so that not only my guilds can benefit, but every ESO guild that uses Discord for guild/group communication.

Invite link: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=251443671541481472&scope=bot
    The Bot needs only read and write permissions in the channels where you want it to be allowed. You can thus make it work only in dedicated channels by disabling "read" permissions in all other channels.

If you want to check it out first before allowing it to go to your server, use this instant invite link to my test server: https://discord.gg/xY4jwrQ or contact me directly in Discord ID: Fox#6800
    I will kick you after a few days from that server, since it is just a sandbox where bot commands are spammed.

Current implemented commands are:

!help -> displays all commands

!pledges -> Today's Undaunted Pledges
    !trial -> this week's specially rewarded trial

!golden -> Cyrodiil's Golden Vendor Items (weekend)
    !luxury -> Luxury Housing Vendor Items (weekend)

!patch -> Latest ESO patch notes

!set SETNAME -> Set item information (e.g. !set skel)

Here the exemplary output of the !golden command

3L0YsNO.png

Disclaimer: This bot may be down some times, since I have to take the server where it resides on down/restart from time to time. So don't expect 100% uptime. If you see that it is longer than 5 hours down, drop me a message in discord directly, bots are known to have disconnection issues sometimes in Discord.

Credit: I crawl most of this data from other websites, and I contacted the authors of these sites to reuse the data. So the credit goes mostly to these guys! Here the sources:
    Golden/Luxury info: http://www.benevolentbowd.ca
    Pledges/Trial info: http://www.esoleaderboards.com
    Maintainance/Patchnotes: http://www.forums.elderscrollsonline.com
    The rest is taken using the official APIs available for the corresponding information or my own data collections.

I am always open for ideas and suggestions for new commands, best directly through Discord Fox#6800 or ingame @chi-ras
    I hope it will be useful to you guys and girls as well.

The FoX

Very nice!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we could turn off no command found. Doesn't work well with other bots.
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

hm, I will think about it. i know it helped a lot of people that were unsure of commands.

Alternative: I can exclude other bot commands, if you can send me a list you want blacklisted by pm?
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭

Ok, I wasnt aware that another bot has been implemented in the meantime with ESO specific information. I looked such up before coding, which was a little bit back in time (fall last year), so there was no other at that time. I just contacted the author of Maiq's bot, whether we can put our coding efforts together (fuse our bots) instead of continuing developing independent ones. We are using the same language for the code so technically it should be possible :) I think that would be the best solution.

CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I wasnt aware that another bot has been implemented in the meantime with ESO specific information. I looked such up before coding, which was a little bit back in time (fall last year), so there was no other at that time. I just contacted the author of Maiq's bot, whether we can put our coding efforts together (fuse our bots) instead of continuing developing independent ones. We are using the same language for the code so technically it should be possible :) I think that would be the best solution.
    I assume Tasear is referring to other commands with the !syntax that don't match your bot commands resulting in errors.

It's interesting timing since it seems several people looked for bots, couldn't find any, then independently developed. Obviously there's M'aiq but I also have one for one of the other guild servers I'm in (mine is based off Discord.js).
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Seri wrote: »
    (mine is based off Discord.js).

Same. Always happy to linkup if there is interest!

It's not resulting in error, I catch this and present a message with possible options for the bot. but yes, you are right, it might interfere with other bots using the ! prefix. Will search for a way to turn it on/off serverwise, which is a bit tricky
    Edited by chi_ras on April 12, 2017 10:25AM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • Eshja
    Eshja
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow, it would be so awesome to fuse it :). Your bot has much more options but it's so fun when bot refers to someone from lore, since it is only for this game. I always rename bots to match lore, your is Prophet on my discord xD.
    @Eshja (PC EU) Master crafter | Roleplayer | Trial scrub | Love healing ♥
    My characters: Nimpys Elenmir| Narielle Telvanni | Moans-Loudly | Vivienne The Zookeeper | Zamiatająca-Ogonem | Kha'mathre | Irgret Soul-Breaker
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey,

I'm the owner of ESO-leaderboards.com. I'm not sure how you get the weekly trial off the site. I might sometime have written an API for that, but if you need anything let me know, as I can create an API for you.
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm the owner of ESO-leaderboards.com. I'm not sure how you get the weekly trial off the site. I might sometime have written an API for that, but if you need anything let me know, as I can create an API for you.

would be awesome. wrote you a PM! Thx so far for the site and also your previous help with the pledges API!
    Edited by chi_ras on April 13, 2017 12:21PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Eshja wrote: »
    Wow, it would be so awesome to fuse it :). Your bot has much more options but it's so fun when bot refers to someone from lore, since it is only for this game. I always rename bots to match lore, your is Prophet on my discord xD.

hehe, nice! yes agreed. the current name was only for internal guild purpose. will think about this and try to change name some day, if i don't get a response by the other bot make that we can think about fusing.

CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • deluxesalt
    deluxesalt
    ✭✭✭
    This bot is fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to make this!
  • onemoredragon
    onemoredragon
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much, very useful bot!
    PC EU @OneMoreDragon

Rakshasi Raijina, khajiit sorceror, adventurer and crafter
    Keel-Neesha, argonian dragonknight tank
    Asharlys, orc templar tank
    Wanheda Praimfaya, nord necromancer tank
    Alessia Whitegold, redguard templar 2h/bow DD
    Mitsuro Naztharune, khajiit dragonknight dw/bow DD
    Viannereth, bosmer warden bow/bow DD
    Moraelyn of Ra'athim, dunmer necromancer magicka DD

So long as the dragonfires shall burn, to you, and to all generations, I swear that my Hearts blood shall hold fast the Gates of Oblivion.
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    !patchpts      -> PTS (Morrowind) patch notes

added to get a list of pts related notes and latest forum threads
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Damn thats cool @chi_ras . Maybe I should log in Discord once in a while :)
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added! Thank you for creating and sharing!! :smiley:
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    !lb -> Leaderboard scores (e.g. !lb @account, EU, HRC)

Here you can get access to current leaderboard scores, the scores are provided by http://www.esoleaderboards.com, thanks to @Woeler !

The request is done by:

!lb game-character name, EU
    or
    !lb $game-account, EU
    or
    !lb $game-account, EU, AA, HRC
    if you want to have specific scores only, options: AA, HRC, SO, MOL, DSA, MSA

L1v9ikH.png

Be sure to use your game account not your Discord account, because I of course have no way of mapping one to the other!

Discord autocompletes names of people in the channel if somebody types @. This caused that not game accounts were passed as information to the bot, but the discord account id, which is a <@ 0123458> number. You can avoid that now by giving multiple @ until this autocomplete goes away. e.g.

update: You can still use @accountname, but now $account is the preferred option.
    update: Account should now also work case-insensitive.

22UpKop.png
    Edited by chi_ras on May 3, 2017 12:04PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    !poll or !vote
    both work the same way

You can easily create poll now with the Bot

!poll Do we need a healer? No. Yes. Only Off-Heal.
    will set up a poll

UcA910J.png

!poll 1,3
    will vote options 1 and 3

!poll status
    will give an intermediate status result

!poll end
    will close the poll and present the final results

c8Xm1Ju.png

Some things to have in mind:
    - Question must end with Question mark
    - Answers must be separated by a point
    - Voting of multiple options is allowed, but not voting the same option twice.
    - Votes can be revoked by voting again
    - There can always be only one poll in each channel
    Edited by chi_ras on April 29, 2017 9:22AM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry had to take the Bot down a bit (for maintainance :D)

Three things I changed:
    1) There was a bug that polls were not saved when the bot crashes. This should be fixed now. Sorry if someone lost a poll due to that!

2) Leaderboards: Discord autocompletes names of people in the channel if somebody types @. This caused that not game accounts were passed as information to the bot, but the discord account id, which is a <@ 0123458> number. You can avoid that now by giving multiple @ until this autocomplete goes away. e.g.

22UpKop.png

3) Also, there is a typo correction now, if you misspell commands, they should work as well.

Next Step: Need to adapt the !golden and !luxury commands to work until 2 AM (GMT) on a sunday to match the vendors time, currently it shuts the doors at midnight. sorry, will do in a few days, surely until the next weekend
    Edited by chi_ras on April 30, 2017 10:23PM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it still bugs for leaderboards even with the double @s on PC (can do it without autocorrect on phone). May want to allow input using a symbol other than @, that might fix it.

discord.jpg

Great bot though.
    Edited by fioskal on May 1, 2017 4:39AM
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • chi_ras
    chi_ras
    ✭✭✭
    fioskal wrote: »
    For me, it still bugs for leaderboards even with the double @s on PC (can do it without autocorrect on phone). May want to allow input using a symbol other than @, that might fix it.

Great bot though.

Thank you for the feedback! Good idea and I now allow $game-account as an alternative. That should fix it!

Cheers!
    Edited by chi_ras on May 1, 2017 7:34AM
    CP600+
    Almalexia - EP - mSorc
    Ciya the Fox - EP - mDK
    Da'Fox - EP - sDK
    Caliya Fyr - EP - mNB
    Boogey Fox - EP - sNB
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just went live on Pacrooti's Hireling's Discord channel! Fantastic!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Aluiries
    Aluiries
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this! Using it on my own Discord Server and it works perfectly, so thanks :D
    Roleplay Character - Caylee Vesari

'It all just disappears, doesn't it? Everything you are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror. Any moment now... He's a-comin'
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant stuff!