The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"what is this balance you speak of"

deaneboltonrwb17_ESO
EU, Haderus.

I am sorry. If any one thinks that it is ok for certain classes to for example survive 2 Soul Assaults at around 10 percent of their health while taking damage from no less than 10 other players and then healing themselves up and turning around and kill at least 3 out of those 10 players are disillusion.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU, Haderus.

I am sorry. If any one thinks that it is ok for certain classes to for example survive 2 Soul Assaults at around 10 percent of their health while taking damage from no less than 10 other players and then healing themselves up and turning around and kill at least 3 out of those 10 players are disillusion.

Thats called good players killing zerglings.

Try pvping without number advantage, you may actually improve some. Like really? Soul assault could you get any more pug zergling?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the nature of troll king and reactive working together. You get players actually regening health whilst they are stunned. What annoys me is you could always attack a healers stam pool to give a better chance of killing, now it seems that being disabled doesn't even matter. They still heal themselves without doing anything.....
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like when I mistform around a corner and go into a destro ulti B)
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • deaneboltonrwb17_ESO
    That's the nature of troll king and reactive working together. You get players actually regening health whilst they are stunned. What annoys me is you could always attack a healers stam pool to give a better chance of killing, now it seems that being disabled doesn't even matter. They still heal themselves without doing anything.....

Exactly
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Sounds like when I mistform around a corner and go into a destro ulti B)

Edited by deaneboltonrwb17_ESO on April 10, 2017 6:38PM
  • deaneboltonrwb17_ESO
    EU, Haderus.

Try pvping without number advantage, you may actually improve some. Like really? Soul assault could you get any more pug zergling?

Kindergarden is that way
    >
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU, Haderus.

NO IT ISN'T.

It's blatantly imbalanced in its current state. When you can sit in a fight and healbot while killing players who are full on bursting you and the only way to bring you down is blowing full stacks of poisons.

NO. It's not balanced. Its NOT being good.
    All you are doing is abusing a mechanic which effectively runs an unkillable rotation up to a certain number of players.

These cancer tank builds don't ever have to disengage or los.
    They aren't facing any challenge in terms of resources or tactically threatening situations you have to respond to. These builds can't be interrupted or stunned and their blocks can't be broken, their damage reduction is through the roof.

NO.

Just no.

I'm all for small vs large scale.
    But the current meta right now on CP servers is just running broken tank builds that aren't actually competitive.

It's roleplay. It's not actually fighting, and for whatever reason Zos wants to endorce this style of one sided play. Don't you want players to be good because they play well, not because they run a rotation that makes them impervious to death? We need mechanics that actually allow players to interact with each other. Right now all we have is damage vs healbots.
    Edited by Cathexis on April 10, 2017 7:52PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    EU, Haderus.

NO IT ISN'T.

It's blatantly imbalanced in its current state. When you can sit in a fight and healbot while killing players who are full on bursting you and the only way to bring you down is blowing full stacks of poisons.

All you are doing is abusing a mechanic which effectively runs an unkillable rotation up to a certain number of players.

They aren't facing any challenge in terms of resources or tactically threatening situations you have to respond to. These builds can't be interrupted or stunned and their blocks can't be broken, their damage reduction is through the roof.

NO.

Just no.

But the current meta right now on CP servers is just running broken tank builds that aren't actually competitive.

It's roleplay.

If you are actively NOT using all of the tools available to you, then the problem is with your build not your opponents "unkillable" build.

You're just roleplaying as someone with a bunch of excuses.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU, Haderus.

NO IT ISN'T.

NO.

Just no.

It's roleplay.

If you are actively NOT using all of the tools available to you, then the problem is with your build not your opponents "unkillable" build.

The problem is that some of those tools are so extremely strong and have no equal or counter. While other tools are just absolutely useless. That creates imbalance.
    Edited by Akinos on April 10, 2017 8:26PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    EU, Haderus.

NO IT ISN'T.

NO.

Just no.

It's roleplay.

The problem is that some of those tools are so extremely strong and have no equal or counter. While other tools are just absolutely useless. That creates imbalance.

I get that but still, people on this forum complain about things constantly that can be fixed via a simple swap of your loadout but refuse to adapt.

Examples:

"Roots are OP and cannot be broken as a magic user."
    "Just use mist form."
    "But then I'd have to be a vampire."
    "So be a vampire."
    "I don't want to be a vampire."
    "Then you don't really want to break out of roots as a magic user."

"Heavy Armor is OP!"
    "So why don't you use heavy armor then?"

"Nightblades are jerks! How is invisible attacking fair."
    "Run Inner Light."
    "But then I'd have to break my totally awesome rotation."
    "Then break it."
    "Why should I be forced to adapt my play to one class of opponents who do one cheesy thing?"
    "Because you're complaining about it and refusing to use the built in counter."

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU, Haderus.

NO IT ISN'T.

NO.

Just no.

It's roleplay.

I get that but still, people on this forum complain about things constantly that can be fixed via a simple swap of your loadout but refuse to adapt.

Examples:

"Just use mist form."
    "So be a vampire."

"Heavy Armor is OP!"

"Run Inner Light."
    "Then break it."
    "Why should I be forced to adapt my play to one class of opponents who do one cheesy thing?"

Don't common sense them, they can't take it.

@Cathexis Tell me what mechanic is being abused?

@deaneboltonrwb17_ESO Pve is the other way you should go back there, mobs won't react despite your crappy skill level.

If 10+ players can't kill 2 people then that has gone beyond any simple 'build advantage'. That is simple maths.

2 Good players, who know how to play properly > Random pug zergs who think soul assault is an ok skill and then cry on the forum when they are killed.

So my advice is the same TL:DR stop coming and crying on the forum when it's not build advantage that allows them to do this, its 90% your entire group of '10+' players with 2 soul assaulter just being bad. Like i said stop zerging and try get better. If any one of you actually knew what you was doing then they would of died.

I expect you'll be one of many Xv1 pro's crying when battlegrounds drop and you can't get kills because your group won't out number an enemy's by 5:1. Be seeing you soon.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU, Haderus.

NO IT ISN'T.

NO.

Just no.

It's roleplay.

Block>Heal>Damage redux on a temp on a cp server built with half a brain can indefinitely stand in minimum 3-5 players without ever dieing. Sometimes more. I've seen it as high as like 10 or more regularly. They aren't using skill here, they aren't like interrupting opponents or engaging or being forced to withdraw, or to los. They are just block+rotate with high regen.

Tell me, what sets or skills break block, short of blowing a stack if poisons or maybe praying to RNGzus. Or how about we ask the dozens of people who say healing redux is relatively ineffective. Or go out on NA TF on any given day and watch what happens when you try to run burst on a tank mob.

This is healbot *** is straight up no-skill roleplayers who cried until Zos bent over a table for them. Plain and simple.

Edit when I say roleplayers I don't necessarily mean players who actively engage in roleplay. I mean the players who come into PvP and expect to run one build always that will just steamroll with no counterplay because they run in a zerg gangbeating between circlejerks during their AP grind flipflopping keeps one faction to another. If you do that, thats pretending to pvp. Its noncompetitive. It's reductionism that kills pvp.
    Edited by Cathexis on April 11, 2017 4:46AM
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU, Haderus.

NO IT ISN'T.

NO.

Just no.

It's roleplay.

Examples:

"Just use mist form."
    "So be a vampire."

"Heavy Armor is OP!"

"Run Inner Light."
    "Then break it."

@deaneboltonrwb17_ESO Pve is the other way you should go back there, mobs won't react despite your crappy skill level.

If 10+ players can't kill 2 people then that has gone beyond any simple 'build advantage'. That is simple maths.

2 Good players, who know how to play properly > Random pug zergs who think soul assault is an ok skill and then cry on the forum when they are killed.

So my advice is the same TL:DR stop coming and crying on the forum when it's not build advantage that allows them to do this, its 90% your entire group of '10+' players with 2 soul assaulter just being bad. Like i said stop zerging and try get better. If any one of you actually knew what you was doing then they would of died.

I expect you'll be one of many Xv1 pro's crying when battlegrounds drop and you can't get kills because your group won't out number an enemy's by 5:1. Be seeing you soon.

Nothing about play at all in this game anymore is very reflective of the use of pro skill. On cp servers there are almost no abilities left that offer any kind of interactive dynamic with opponents. Furthermore zerging has intensely focused on locking down players so you can gang beat them, and emphasizes mechanics that encourage this psychotic and unsportsmanlike play style.

Which is from what I understand why a lot of known long term players have left among a number of reasons (although I don't speak for them, I have heard this opinion from others)

So your concept of "good players" is largely diluted to "players who abuse mechanics that make them infallible." That's kind of a *** baseline to balance the game on, since it results in a one-sided non competitive dynamic.
    Edited by Cathexis on April 11, 2017 4:17AM
    Praise Malacath.
  • deaneboltonrwb17_ESO

[/quote]

I expect you'll be one of many Xv1 pro's crying when battlegrounds drop and you can't get kills because your group won't out number an enemy's by 5:1. Be seeing you soon.[/quote]

Congratulations you just wrote a bunch of rubbish