Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is it possible to get Night Pumice from deconstructing Ebon armor?

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
title.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, like with any style mat there's an RNG chance based on your character's passives in the extraction perk for that item's trade line.

I've never noticed rare style mats to be a different odds than basic style mats. None of the guides have done a test to suggest the exact odds. Based on my experiences over two years running ten crafting toons, I would guesstimate that with the extraction passive maxed out the odds of pulling the style mat is about 50%, about 33% to pull the color quality mat.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do know that the extraction rate on items you make are much higher if you decon them on the same character that made them. Probably close to 80% based on what I have seen. Important if you want to recover Nirncrux from gear you made.

But as far as extracting style mats from gear you loot or another player/character made, it is around 50%, give or take.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"