The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Morrowind - Introducing the Warden"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
9453939339f18ae6bef132542d531814.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the ESO: Morrowind - Introducing the Warden blog article.

For the first time since The Elder Scrolls Online was released, a new character class enters Tamriel. The Warden, a powerful and versatile agent of nature, will be available as part of The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind on June 6. Eager to see what this new class brings to the world of Nirn? Check out this introduction to the Warden and keep an eye out for more information throughout April.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One for sure - visual team did great job.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing is u mentioned that its the first class that has a tree for each department while the other ones have not.
    Are there any plans to do a rework for the existing classes or will the tree´s stick as they are right now?

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    Another thing is u mentioned that its the first class that has a tree for each department while the other ones have not.
    Are there any plans to do a rework for the existing classes or will the tree´s stick as they are right now?
    I really hope they don't rework the others. The tree for every role actually is one of my dislikes on the Warden, it limits what the class can do too much.

Granted I have not seen full skills and morphs yet but it bugs me that most nature stuff is healing, where's we could have vine shields, vine CC etc.
    Under the ice tree we could have had some really interesting ice abilities that the NPC's have and use against us/
    The pets tree seems to be an okay mix, but I am not keen on their (to my knowledge) only spam skill being the one there.

It could just be my personal taste which doesn't agree with the Warden, I just find the way the skills were set out feels more like the SWTOR/WOW style "pick a style and here are your skills for it" than the ESO "he's some stuff, go make something crazy".
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing is certain, if the warden class is set up with just the right race, the pelinal Rattlecage combo will be looking good.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant wait to be so OP when this comes out, only to be nerfed to hell and not kill ***
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I pray and hope you all are going to have more pet options than just a bear or else it will be a plague of bears on release. It would also dull the class a bit if everyone gets the same thing and they can't tame critters. Seems this should be a type of thing where the class should be able to tame critters in the wild for different skill sets. Or if there is a concern about that mechanic then allow it just for cosmetic looks. Please allow different looks for the pets that are not hidden behind a pay wall.
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
    - Krushim of KrushimTV on Youtube and Twitch
    - https://www.youtube.com/c/KrushimTV
    - http://www.twitch.tv/krushim
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Granted I have not seen full skills and morphs yet but it bugs me that most nature stuff is healing, where's we could have vine shields, vine CC etc.
    Under the ice tree we could have had some really interesting ice abilities that the NPC's have and use against us/
    The pets tree seems to be an okay mix, but I am not keen on their (to my knowledge) only spam skill being the one there.

Agreed. As an Ecologist, I have seen what crazy antics plants can get to. As a character who would be able to control 5-6 plants, I think all around healing is unnecessary. Sure, having plants grapple people is too much like crippling grasp or the Sorc's aoe immobilizer. Perhaps we could make it like Caltrops is, and slow/trip enemies. A plant shield would be cool, or plant armor like in Skyrim there is an Oakskin ability that gives you increased armor and spell resistance. I think there are a number of ways you could make this unique, but not specialized.

^ and I know the frost abilities are centered around tankiness and damage reduction, but it could also have more damage abilities as well. hell, i can imagine a blinding ability that would make enemies miss their attacks for a few seconds (as a snow storm can cause blindness if a person isn't prepared).

Either way, I look forward to Friday where we learn more about the abilities in the other classes
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • pizzamanub17_ESO
    Nevermind
    Edited by pizzamanub17_ESO on April 21, 2017 5:00PM