The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Errors when trying to deposit items in bank.

Kestrelator
Kestrelator
Soul Shriven
If I click an item in my inventory to deposit it in the bank, periodically I get the following error:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:675: attempt to access a private function 'PickupInventoryItem' from insecure code
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:675: in function 'TryBankItem'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1459: in function 'INDEX_ACTION_CALLBACK'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlotActions.lua:96: in function 'ZO_InventorySlotActions:DoPrimaryAction'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/ItemSlotActionController.lua:31: in function 'callback'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_KeybindStrip/ZO_KeybindStrip.lua:614: in function 'ZO_KeybindStrip:TryHandlingKeybindDown'
	(tail call): ?
	(tail call): ?

If I dismiss that error, then right-click the item and select "Deposit," I get the following error:
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:675: attempt to access a private function 'PickupInventoryItem' from insecure code
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:675: in function 'TryBankItem'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/InventorySlot.lua:1459: in function 'OnSelect'
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_ContextMenus/ZO_ContextMenus.lua:419: in function 'ZO_Menu_ClickItem'
	ZO_MenuItem1_MouseUp:4: in function '(main chunk)'

This doesn't happen every time, but it does happen several times a day.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting the same error but it is happening every time and now my inventory is full and I can't move anything into my bank! I can no longer play due to this issue! And before it's brought up I have checked and my system requirements are above and beyond what is stated on the site.
    Edited by Aurrynthea_Drake on March 31, 2017 3:22PM
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting the same error but it is happening every time and now my inventory is full and I can't move anything into my bank! I can no longer play due to this issue! And before it's brought up I have checked and my system requirements are above and beyond what is stated on the site.
    In my experience, the issue will not recur immediately after I log-out to the Character Select dialog, then select the same character to play. However, it is only a matter of time before the UI Error dialog(s) are displayed again, whether for the same character, or for another, (1) usually when I attempt to deposit or to withdraw an item from the bank, but (2) sometimes when I attempt to open a container, or (3) attempt to use an item, such as food or beverage to buff the PC.

Re-logging is not an acceptable "workaround" for this issue. The transitions take too much time to complete. Frankly, I would prefer a single server instead of a "megaserver" although I recognize the advantage of having the latter.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread about this recently as well. Once my UI error happens random things just no longer work. Chat will no longer work, options menu under items list, such as used for enchanting an item, will no longer pop up. I have had it happen quite often when locking or unlocking items.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this pc or xbox or ps4?
    If pc, have you tried /reloadui?
    Have you tried using the launcher "repair" option for your install?
    If pc again, have you cone into the game settings file and increased your lua memory limit from 64MB to 128 or 256MB? (Worked for me for another lua error with chat)
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to find instructions to increase my lua memory limit (why so small?) and also for some reason my addons were not updating so turned everything off, updated everything and so far fingers crossed it all seems to be running! I just wish someone could have saved me the tears and frustration before hand (I had to google to find this thread!)
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Is this pc or xbox or ps4?
    If pc, have you tried /reloadui?
    Have you tried using the launcher "repair" option for your install?
    If pc again, have you cone into the game settings file and increased your lua memory limit from 64MB to 128 or 256MB? (Worked for me for another lua error with chat)

yes I did try that several times and while it worked for a little while eventually even this didn't work - but I am ok now after several fixes applied
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread about this recently as well. Once my UI error happens random things just no longer work. Chat will no longer work, options menu under items list, such as used for enchanting an item, will no longer pop up. I have had it happen quite often when locking or unlocking items.
    It may be necessary or at least desirable to use the Launcher's Game Options menu to Repair Files after the UI Error dialog is displayed. I've made it a habit to use Repair Files almost every time that I stop playing the game for a while. I also Repair Files specifically when I anticipate that ZO will patch the game client, and the Launcher will update the client before I can resume playing the game again.

The Launcher will install a patch without first verifying that existing files do not have any errors. In my humble opinion, the fact that ZOS does so exposes every player to the risk of having their game installation irreparably corrupted. If it was corrupted before the patch, then patching it might make that uncorrectable without re-installing the entire game.

Also, I always make a backup of the game installation files (after running Repair Files) before patches, because an error(s) in patching is likely to cause more problems than any it solves, and might render the game unplayable.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi