Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How to reset maelstrom arena instantly?

Xenofex
Xenofex
✭✭
Hello,

I am trying to achieve "Flawless conqueror" title. This is insanely hard and I am near to moral breakdown.

What adds to frustration is that after yet another death I abandon the quest. And they just don`t give me the new quest. As far as I understand I must abandon quest and then leave arena for unknown amount of time (something about 10 minutes).

My question is - Is it possible to reset maelstrom arena instantly like other quests in the game?

Thank you
Flawless Conquer
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, drop quest, set normal, walk in, walk out, set vet
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wondered this too, handy to know
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Xenofex
    Xenofex
    ✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Yes, drop quest, set normal, walk in, walk out, set vet

1) I die on vet arena
    2) I drop quest
    3) I walk out of arena (walk in portal red portal to wrothgar)
    4) I set difficulty to normal
    5) I walk in red portal to arena
    6) I walk out of arena (walk in portal red portal to wrothgar)
    7) set difficulty to veteran
    8) I walk in arena

and it does not work, NPC does not give me quest.
    Flawless Conquer
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does take about 5 mins or so. Even doing solo dungeons it's like this. Hence when farming coa1 I just switch toons. It's quicker.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does take about 5 mins or so. Even doing solo dungeons it's like this. Hence when farming coa1 I just switch toons. It's quicker.

@DRXHarbinger Or travel to another instance (just set foot inside another 4 man dungeon and step right back out.) Game has no choice but to reset the original instance in that case.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@DRXHarbinger Or travel to another instance (just set foot inside another 4 man dungeon and step right back out.) Game has no choice but to reset the original instance in that case.

That, I thought, didn't work. Good to know!

And sorry @Xenofex, that strategy used to work for me when I was farming a long time ago. I guess they changed it, or it was something else I did :/
  • Xenofex
    Xenofex
    ✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

That, I thought, didn't work. Good to know!

And sorry @Xenofex, that strategy used to work for me when I was farming a long time ago. I guess they changed it, or it was something else I did :/

Yes it does not reset.

The only way I know at the moment how to reset it is to go outside arena and wait for 5+ min
    Flawless Conquer
  • Nordic_Pirate
    Nordic_Pirate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grab a guildie. Therein lies the secret. That's why two man groups can do the norm to vet to norm dungeon reset. If you have a second person and you reset vet and norm before going back into MA at all then it should reset. Don't go in when you switch it to normal, just exit->norm->vet->kick guildie->enter voila!
    Edited by Nordic_Pirate on April 10, 2017 9:20AM
    Yes, I do heartily repent. I repent I had not done more mischief; and that we did not cut the throats of them that took us, and I am extremely sorry that you aren't hanged as well as we.

— Anonymous pirate, asked on the gallows if he repented.