Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sharp environment and blurry text or vice versa (subsampling changes).

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I was messing around with the screen resolute on my mac, bringing it down to 720p to see if I could get some better performance. Since then when I raise the subsampling quality to high, my player+environment are nice and sharp but all text including chat, addons, and dialogue boxes get blurry and if I put subsampling at medium, then all text is sharp but my environment is of course blurry. Its like the environment is responding properly to changes in subsampling and any text has it reversed. Ideas? Thought restarting my help, it did not. My screen resolution is back to normal.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    I came here to report something similar - I was trying to adjust my FOV, and accidentally changed resolution and NOTHING I do can restore the original sharp text. I reset to default (and TBH thats what I think it was at for resolution, and Fugly as all Hell). I'm so mad at Zenimax right now, especially as I just paid for ESO Plus after 3 months of enjoying the base game, and I wanted to support them.

• Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Just confirming - yes, if I stick Subsampling to Medium, text looks good, but game looks awful. Vice versa at High.

Everything looks good in WINDOWED mode, only Window(FullScreen) and FullScreen are affected.

PLEASE PLEASE FTLOG, fix this ASAP.

MacBook Pro 15", mid 2015 model. OSX 10.11.6

• Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, this worked - quit the game, go into your user folder and delete the ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/UserSettings.txt and ShaderCache.cooked , restart the game. Annoying walkthru of all the original setup, but your video should be normal again. At least mine is. YMMV, I'm not ESO customer support.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romilly wrote: »
    Ok, this worked - quit the game, go into your user folder and delete the ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/UserSettings.txt and ShaderCache.cooked , restart the game. Annoying walkthru of all the original setup, but your video should be normal again. At least mine is. YMMV, I'm not ESO customer support.

My fix was much simpler and actually kind of a facepalm moment. It turned out that when I'd had it in window mode I had changed the in game resolution which isn't accessible in full screen so I didn't catch it for a while.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting - I played with that, but didn't resolve anything for me.