The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magblade builds

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
I have a few different things I have been thinking about trying but don't have alot of time to farm everything do any of these builds sound viable for PVP?

1. Rattlecage/lich/skoria destro restro heavy build using rattle to free up a a skill spot
2. Jullianos/spinners/troll king destro dw light armor build using eye of storm bomb build

If I use build 1 will I have enough damage? I really like the idea of having a free spot to get rid of degeneration or Sap but hate not having spell pen.
Using build 2 I like the idea of sneaking around popping eye and bombing somebody, but I am worried I will not have enough defense.

Anyways that is a very short list of concerns for each of those builds, but I would like to hear any other strengths and weaknesses those builds will offer if they are viable at all.
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Rattlecage & skoria will give damage yeah. Whether it is enough depends on what you aim to accomplish. It won't wipe an enemy party but you will be able to help and you won't likely be the first down. I put on some dragon armor with skoria and I'm satisfied with the damage (surprisingly) - you definitely feel the lack of critical damage/penetration: Ie, using alchemist and kena I can hit for nearly 20K spectral bow crits - in heavy I'm happy with 12K.

2) See the light armor magicka nb theorycrafting thread.

Alchemist and necropotence with Skelly seems to have taken the cake. In all I still really like amberplasm, willpower, bistat food and a damage boosting set like molag kena or skoria. It works .
    Edited by Metemsycosis on April 7, 2017 4:41AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll just sing my song about Wyrd Tree again :-)

On a restoration back bar the purge makes cloak actually work again. Give it a shot ;)
    Edited by Jitterbug on April 7, 2017 4:57AM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    I'll just sing my song about Wyrd Tree again :-)

On a restoration back bar the purge makes cloak actually work again. Give it a shot ;)

If I can find impenetrable and/or divines I will, myself. Just seems up my alley with all that recovery and purge used to be a staple when I wasn't a vampire.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard skele's defile can be purged off, if so, skele + wyrd sounds too good to be true
    Edited by Waffennacht on April 7, 2017 2:59PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run Blackrose/Spinner/Grothdarr with SnB/Master Resto on a Sap Tank build.

Damage isn't very high for 1v1. You can kill a lot of average players, but it lacks the burst to take down more skilled players.

It does have the defense to stay alive versus a burst combo and can hold its own in 1vX (I get around 3K spell damage with heavy armor passive).

Found the build is really good in small group fights when run with a few burst dps. I have just enough dps and healing to keep the enemy on the defensive and keep my group alive so they can wreck stuff.

Build would probably be much better on a magicka DK though, cause you have no real access to a group lockdown outside of soul tether!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn + Martial Knowledge + Lich..

Just chillin with DW/Frost Staff.

Nothing fancy, but it works.