The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

will translate the game in Spanish? / traduciran el juego en español?

sm_capo_5_ub17_ESO
sm_capo_5_ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
as the title says, will translate the game into Spanish? at least the menus and subtitles, so to speak Spanish understand making skills, and history

como dice el titulo, van a traducir el juego al español? al menos, los menus, y subtitulos, asi para los habla espana entendamos lo que hace las habilidades, y la historia
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    I doubt very much they will bother re-voicing 100,000 lines of dialogues in the game in Spanish, sorry to say that but menus and tooltips shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully it will be done soon.
    "Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • Leonel
    Leonel
    Soul Shriven
    It would be great if they could do that for us. I'll enjoy more the game if I don't have to care about translating the dialogs in the moment and thinking what are they saying.
    I hope they realize that so many people want this.
    Besides there is already a translation for PC gamers (it's not official but they could receive help using this)

Sería genial si podían hacer eso por nosotros. Voy a disfrutar más el juego si no tengo que traducir los diálogos en el momento y pensar en lo que están diciendo.
    Espero que se den cuenta de que tanta gente quiere esto.
    Además ya hay una traducción para los jugadores de PC (no es oficial, pero que podría recibir ayuda sobre el uso de este)
  • psk177ub17_ESO
    psk177ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's been a while since this forum got started but I have a few friends and cousins that live in Latin America would like to play this game but won't be able to without the game being, at least translated with subtitles.

And I don't it's just my friends and cousins:

https://es.slideshare.net/jessicatams1/the-video-games-industry-in-latin-america-arturo-velez

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/06/the-importance-of-video-games-for-latin-americas-creative-economy/

https://www.portada-online.com/2015/08/10/mexico-and-brazil-lead-the-video-game-market-in-latam/

Hopefully ZOS looks into this!!!
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 op. I believe spanish is more widely spoken than german or french. They would just have to employ a team to do it and I reckon they have the funds for it. Seems like a no-brainer.

Edit: oops it was a necro, but a worthy one I feel.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on March 16, 2017 1:48AM
    PC | EU
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This has to do with countries' legislation on publishing digital content. Spain allows for foreign languages being published whilst Germany or France make it mandatory for companies to release their content in the official language if they wish to properly distribute. Russia experiences the same issue I believe.
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware most games released in Europe offer Spanish as a language option. I'm surprised it's not an option, even if it was text only.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • miguelcura
    miguelcura
    ✭✭✭
    They have confirmed in a recent Bethesda stream that they are going to translate it into Spanish (they did not give a date), since the Russian translation gave them good results. To think that Spanish is the 4th most spoken language in the world, we are Latin America + Spain and some countries out there.

It was time. This post is 7 years old XD I saw it later, I arrived looking if there was a date for this announcement LOL
    Edited by miguelcura on April 18, 2021 4:35PM
  • Diva_Naoko
    Diva_Naoko
    ✭✭
    I doubt very much they will bother re-voicing 100,000 lines of dialogues in the game in Spanish, sorry to say that but menus and tooltips shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully it will be done soon.

Don't know about Spanish or other languages, but a fully voiced Japanese version of ESO exists since 2016. At release there were some minor lines not voiced, which was later fixed. That's thousands of lines dubbed in Japanese by native actors, as well as all the text translated in Japanese.

You can watch a YT playthrough here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBZQNZIszV0&t=0s&ab_channel=ToiletPaperGamingChannel

TES V Skyrim also has a fully voiced Japanese version.
    Edited by Diva_Naoko on April 23, 2021 1:50PM
  • miguelcura
    miguelcura
    ✭✭✭
    2021, deserves to revive this post. Incredible that we do not have it translated into Spanish, the 4th most spoken language in the world. It is an insult since the game sells very well here, and there is also a plugin that has done the work for free, I think it would be as easy as buying it or something. And ZoS does not even start the job from scratch, it is made with better quality than the game that is full of bugs and an unstable server.
    Edited by miguelcura on September 17, 2021 2:31AM