The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best Damage Set?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Stam DK running black rose for sustain (obviously), but what's the best damage set to pair with barring vma weapons? I've tried hundings, ravager and automoton with Selenes and bloodspawn (still need a good tremorscale helm). Thoughts? Vipers? Fury? What's really good? Want something that will pack a punch to contend with more bursty builds. 2h/SB setup btw.
Edited by Vapirko on March 28, 2017 10:40AM
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    Spriggan + tremorscale hits hard
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like Hulking for the fact that it also buffs your healing. Sets such as Spriggans or Automaton hit harder, but do nothing for your heals.
  • Baboonezz
    Baboonezz
    ✭✭
    do you plan to run S+B as your main bar, or 2h?
    Are jokes about poop anti-septic?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baboonezz wrote: »

I run a 5pc damage set on both bars, usually with a combination of offensive and defensive skills on both. For example sb bar might be: burning embers, reverb bash, heroic slash, igneous shiled, vigor. 2H: crit charge, execute, noxious breath, volatile armor, rally. Obviously 2h has the potential to hit harder with crit charge and execute, but I like to be able to do damage and apply pressure on both bars.
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Baboonezz wrote: »

I run a 5pc damage set on both bars, usually with a combination of offensive and defensive skills on both. For example sb bar might be: burning embers, reverb bash, heroic slash, igneous shiled, vigor. 2H: crit charge, execute, noxious breath, volatile armor, rally. Obviously 2h has the potential to hit harder with crit charge and execute, but I like to be able to do damage and apply pressure on both bars.

you want:

2h: rally | crit rush | reverse slice | volatile armor | venomous claw U: take flight/ dawnbreaker
    SnB: reverb bash | ransack/heroic slash | igneous shield | vigor | defensive stance/wings/shufle U: corrosive armor or SnB ultimate

use a 2h Axe with double poison. after you crit rush - light attack - venomous claw bar swap you have 1 to 4 dots active, its plenty pressure. dont be too obsessed with 2 dots or using noxious breath coz in most cases you will miss and the debuff u get from ransack if you use tremor(you should)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reefo thanks will try it out. Weapon choices at this point are mostly what I can get in good traits so atm, 2H sword I got in sharp.
    Edited by Vapirko on March 29, 2017 7:30AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If S+B is your main bar, Viper + Tremorscale. There's a reason people complain about that :).
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop Blackrose, thank me later. Don't use Tremorscale, PvP players everywhere will thank you now.
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    @Vapirko well you dont need a sharpened off hand bar really... i prefer defending here, powered is not bad either.

also... sharpened doesnt increase bleed damage very well so theres that.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reefo wrote: »
    @Vapirko well you dont need a sharpened off hand bar really... i prefer defending here, powered is not bad either.

also... sharpened doesnt increase bleed damage very well so theres that.

Yea, I've played around with sharp vs defending. At the end of the day I still like to be able to do a bit more damage since my build is tanky enough if I need to draw aggro for a bit I can, especially against the average pug.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    If S+B is your main bar, Viper + Tremorscale. There's a reason people complain about that :).

Yup because it procs the taunt attack when other taunt proc sets don't do this.

#broken&inconsistent
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual