The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Support Ticket # 170330-003282 Could I get a little help here please??

riplar65
riplar65
Support Ticket # 170330-003282 Could I get a little help here please?? No one will work on my ticket...I have a fricking social ban because I am the co-gm of the oldest and largest LGBTQ Guild in ESO and I send in-game mails to over 425 members daily and with the dismal in game guild management mechanics we are required to use mail addons. This is the third time this year and my tickets are not very *** nice to y'all at this time I will be perfectly honest. So pretty please fix my d** account its Friday afternoon and I have a guild to run.
  • MyrddinEmrys
    MyrddinEmrys
    ✭✭✭
    I fail to see how this is a bug... Also, where is the dislike button?
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GregoryV : Please move this discussion to the appropriate section of the forum.
    I fail to see how this is a bug... Also, where is the dislike button?
    What "dislike" button? If Facebook doesn't have one, why would this forum?

Regardless, the OP has a legitimate gripe. The Guild UI is so minimal that guildmasters and officers must use add-ons to communicate effectively with the members. The usage limits for messages, among other limits, are a significant handicap. Worse, exceeding them is interpreted by the ZOS management and customer service as hostile behavior, rather than as occurring in the course of fair use. I'm not going to debate whether ZOS is right or wrong about these issues, but they seem to have forgotten while developing it that TESO is a multi-player game.

So I could go on about the minimal features of the software, and the oversights and flaws in its design and implementation, but what would be the point? In my experience and observation, ZOS is not going to change their policies and practices, or improve the software, even to correct many of the bugs. Rather, they're busily focused on developing new content to sell.

The new content may have some interesting features and it is quite likely to lack some which the players would appreciate. But implementation is where the rubber meets the road, and, in my years of experience, any developer who releases buggy software will continue to release buggy software. Whether the product will be worth buying is a matter of opinion, and what one person regards as treasure another perceives as junk.

They make their choices, and you make yours.

Edited by Shadowshire on March 31, 2017 11:05PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a legitimate gripe.

If your guild is really that big and that active and wanting to be social then get a free website hosted online, such as geocities hosting from back in the day. It works for other MMOs such as the site called Titan Network that started really with City of Heroes and still exists many years after that game was killed off.

I, for one, would hate to have a mail from anyone more than once a month. It's just tedious and usually unimportant useless information, no matter what the sender thinks of it.
    Have you even asked if they really want your mail sent out?

Anyway, maybe you should stop using the addon mailing getting you banned and think of a better workaround, like the website idea above where people can actually visit it if they choose and maybe even do so on the phone they have while playing, before they decide that too many temp bans deserves a permanent ban.

Don't you have a teamspeak server anyway? How far off is that from a website for your guild?
    If people actually care that much about your contact then it will work.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on April 2, 2017 12:22PM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, I will always be ok with mail spam bans and not having such a "mass notification" system because it ALWAYS gets abused by either trolls or bots selling real money services.
    That is why they do not have the systems you all want to make it "easier to send things to a lot of people". It never fails to be abused.

It's on you to find a better way to do this. Get a cheap/free website for your guild and solve all your problems/ If people don't use it then that proves they really wouldn't miss your mails in game because they don't care enough to put in the address once on their phone and bookmark it and save the password for auto-login to make it a one-click easy access thing.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    riplar65 wrote: »
    Support Ticket # 170330-003282 Could I get a little help here please?? No one will work on my ticket...I have a fricking social ban because I am the co-gm of the oldest and largest LGBTQ Guild in ESO and I send in-game mails to over 425 members daily and with the dismal in game guild management mechanics we are required to use mail addons. This is the third time this year and my tickets are not very *** nice to y'all at this time I will be perfectly honest. So pretty please fix my d** account its Friday afternoon and I have a guild to run.

I belong to several LBGTQ guilds and none send in game mail. They either have a website or a private Facebook group. Which server is this on? If PC NA I would welcome an invite if you have space. @Jason20910