The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Wtf... can't finish quests..

inkd4life2425
Okay. So I have tried 5 different quests so far.. then I get to the end of them and what do ya know??? I don't even make a dent in the boss' health but he kicks my butt every time. Someone please help.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What quest are you on?
  • inkd4life2425
    Right now... rightful inheritance
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which quests and bosses are giving you a hard time? Also, are you getting through regular combat without too much hassle? And can you tell us more about what you've tried?

Other things to check: are you avoiding red attack telegraphs (those circles, boxes, and cones) and keeping your armor in good repair? When I was new to ESO, those things tripped me up.
  • inkd4life2425
    I just made some new armor.. gonna try again. The bosses at the very end of quests are giving me trouble.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like an build problem to me, that class and level are you?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • inkd4life2425
    That didn't help AT ALL. I'm getting so fed up
  • inkd4life2425
    Wood elf, dragon knight, level 12
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your platform and server?

Are you in a guild? Do you have anyone in game to ask for help?

Are you just standing there and wailing on the boss, or are you moving around? See the following:

Combat in this game comes down to Skill Rotations, with Light or Heavy Attacks interspersed. So, it's more like 1,2,3,4,1,2,3 dead. Pick your skill rotations so that one skill will set up or buff another skill. For example, use a skill that Snares, then a skill that gives Damage over Time to an area so the snared mobs spend longer in pain, then use a spam damage skill. This is just one example.

Once you learn a good rotation, then you can weave in light or heavy attacks between the skills to extend the resource pool you play from. So it's more like 1, LMB, 2, LMB,3, LMB, 4, LMB, 1 Dead. Then once you learn how to weave attacks, then you can start animation canceling to up your DPS.

So, attacks are not just a spam of the Left Mouse Button, but an application of your skills and weapon attacks.

You add in Blocking (reduce damage), Bashing (interrupting a caster or heavy attack wind up), Dodge Rolling (double click on a WASD key to avoid damage and get out of red quickly). Throw in some terrain advantage, and your basically a Mobile, Agile and Hostile wrecking machine.

As for Gear, well, while leveling, gear does not matter as long as you have something. It does not have to be best in slot, or even all that good. Also, we have lots of dropped set pieces so if you spend any time in a zone, you will more than likely pick up a set or two to wear. Each zone has a Magic, a Stamina and a Health or Tank set. Since everything scales, you can use this gear longer than you would think from the levels. It is only once you reach CP160 that you really want to worry about the gear, and by then you will have a good idea of what to use and where to farm for it.

Until then, the most important thing with gear is to wear a mix of it (light/medium/heavy) so they all level up somewhat equally. Also, have one skill from each of the 3 class skill lines on your bar at all times, and at least one weapon skill. For the 5th, it can be another weapon or attack skill or a support skill or some skill you want to level.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• inkd4life2425
    Thanks for the info.. I'm just gonna have to play around. Is my character even worth anything or should I start over with a new one
  • inkd4life2425
    Oh.. and I'm on a ps4
  • inkd4life2425
    Okay... this is getting old... there must be something I'm doing wrong... I upgraded my weapons and armor.. reassigned my abilities. And I am still getting my ass handed to me on these bosses... I need help
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't have access to a heal yet do you?

What weapons are using?
  • inkd4life2425
    Right now I have an axe and a shield
    If anyone is on ps4 I can add you and see what's wrong with my character
  • xari228
    xari228
    ✭✭✭
    Right now I have an axe and a shield
    If anyone is on ps4 I can add you and see what's wrong with my character

Suggestion: If you aren't already, make sure you're using some kind of buff (food or drink) and make use of the potions that can replenish your health/stamina/magicka.

I know that I had problems early on because I didn't realize how useful those items could be.

(Also, if you're doing a non-Solo quest, more often than not, someone else is also doing it at the same time. You don't necessarily have to formally "group", but it's often helpful to work through the quest fights together.)

Good luck!

Platform: PS4/NA | Alliance: AD
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    Reroll as a dunmer
  • Angel1ne
    Angel1ne
    If you are on ps4 eu you can add me: angel1ne
    Ps4 EU server AD VR 15
  • tntpop
    tntpop
    Bosses can be really hard when you are brand new to the game and don't see the mechanics. Grouping or guilds help that.
  • kalarro
    kalarro
    ✭✭✭
    The only way I can imagine you having so much trouble is if you just stand in the red zones, or charged attacks.

1. If you see a red zone on the floor, move or roll away.
    2. If the boss starts charging an attack, move away or block

If you follow thos 2 things, you may take longer or not to kill it, but I can't imagine his normal attacks killing you repeatedly, even as a brand new char.
    Edited by kalarro on March 31, 2017 9:22AM
  • Merlinah123
    It may be that the level of Boss you are fighting is too high a level. I had problems to with some and had to level up higher to fight them another day. The further you go out the higher level quests you get.