The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MDK solo roaming help

iseko
iseko
✭✭✭✭
So I've got a question for mDK's who run around solo from time to time.

I main azura. And I have little problem doing 1v1 or 1v2. More then that (1vx) I win some I lose some.

There are two situations that I constantly lose however:

1) 1v2+ with on guy in melee range and one of them is just spamming poison arrow/snipe from a distance with poisons. Its wrecking my heals and sustain... Sometimes I run reflective scales but even then it is a giant pain. Obviously I try to mist form and reposition but them poisons man...

2) 1v2+ and one of them is fearing on the clock...

I'd rather not hear l2p. Was hoping for some genuine tips from experienced players. Running purge on azura as a mDK is not an option... i tried :). Or at least not an option for me...

Without poisons I can sustain very well for a prolonged fight and I push out enough dmg.

If important: Im running lich/seducer. 5HA 2 LA. About 1.3k unbuffed mag regen.

Got sturdy and impen. About 2.8k spell dmg fully buffed. 30k mag, 25k health and 15k stam.

Thanks in advance
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, someone else mentioned this set, but back bar-ing Wyrd Tree could make up for not being able to run Purge.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had not thought of that. But I keep skipping over that set because of the 15s cooldown. Makes it useless imho. Then again if it was a 5s cooldown it would prob be OP...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish I could help, but, my only non cp experience was that week long event (good lesson on not to spam too much)...

i do know that my light armor guys had a tough time with poisons in cyro...best thing I could figure out to combat that was boosting my hp regen...

maybe switch either lich or seducer with a set that helps a bit with your hp regen, re-glyph a jewelry piece...

Edit: willow's path looks like it might be helpful for no cp...

Edit to the Edit: do you have purge slotted?

need to edit the edit to the edit...just read purge ain't happening for ya...what heals are you using? what shields?

heck, I have a strong suspicion my magdk needs a lot more help than yours :#
    Edited by geonsocal on April 1, 2017 1:54AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both of those situations are kinda hard counters to a block-reliant, sustain build, and poisons are OP in Azuras. You just aren't going to win every 1vX.

As buggy, expensive and ineffective as wings are... the minute you take them off your bar you are getting sniped and dark flare spammed. Considering both my mag DKs have bow skill lines levelled to 3, I have a surprising number of Poison Injection killing blows. But both the S&B and templar eclipse spells work better. :(

Wyrd needs a buff, but not a big one. 10 or 12 seconds on cooldown perhaps. The set bonuses are otherwise not bad; the 5 piece is just a little lacking.
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    Have you considered Troll King Monster set ? In heavy armor it helps with hp regen and keeping your healing up
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered Troll King Monster set ? In heavy armor it helps with hp regen and keeping your healing up

IMO, Troll King does not mesh with with mDK. DK has not HoT, unless they run resto staff/mutagen.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    wish I could help, but, my only non cp experience was that week long event (good lesson on not to spam too much)...

i do know that my light armor guys had a tough time with poisons in cyro...best thing I could figure out to combat that was boosting my hp regen...

maybe switch either lich or seducer with a set that helps a bit with your hp regen, re-glyph a jewelry piece...

Edit: willow's path looks like it might be helpful for no cp...

Edit to the Edit: do you have purge slotted?

need to edit the edit to the edit...just read purge ain't happening for ya...what heals are you using? what shields?

heck, I have a strong suspicion my magdk needs a lot more help than yours :#

As a vampire hp regen is not really an option xD. Tried willows before. I tried a lot of combos in azuras... Rattle/seducer, Bsw/seducer. Rattle/BSW. Rattle/willows. Tavas favor/ ....

Yea I tried purge but it cost tooooo much in azura's.

Why I ended up trying lich/seducer is because no matter what, I always ended up running out of mag after 20-30 seconds. With lich/seducer, tripots/immovable and ulti (I mostly run bloodspawn) I can keep it up a long time.

My CDB costs about 3.7k (not bad for azura in 5HA). Flame lash costs 2.2k. My flame lash does about 6.6k tooltip dmg.

The main reasoning behind the build is quite simple... When bloodspawn procs I got about 31k armor, 36k spell resist. I got 15k stam for selective blocking. So turtle up... When lich procs with a potion I got 3k mag regen. Thanks to me being dark elf my fire spells hit pretty hard. I always run engulfing for that 10% dmg increase.

Main bar: S&B (torugs pact) flame lash, burning embers, fossilize, engulfing, structured entropy ULT: leap
    Back bar: S&B: (lich) cDB, inhale, talons, mist form, reactive armor ULT: bats (when im in keeps somtimes standard)

basic engagement is RA, INHALE, entropy, burning ember, engulfing, inhale, talons, lash lash, talons, inhale, lash lash

too finish off: fossilize and leap or entropy and leap --> lash lash.

Sometimes I switch out fossilize for reflect. I dont run igneous shield because I have no room for it :(. ive been testing skills along with builds and igneous takes a GCD, only last 7 seconds and the little shield doesn't do ***... And if I wanted to put it in I have no idea what to throw out.
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Both of those situations are kinda hard counters to a block-reliant, sustain build, and poisons are OP in Azuras. You just aren't going to win every 1vX.

As buggy, expensive and ineffective as wings are... the minute you take them off your bar you are getting sniped and dark flare spammed. Considering both my mag DKs have bow skill lines levelled to 3, I have a surprising number of Poison Injection killing blows. But both the S&B and templar eclipse spells work better. :(

Wyrd needs a buff, but not a big one. 10 or 12 seconds on cooldown perhaps. The set bonuses are otherwise not bad; the 5 piece is just a little lacking.

Yea poisons are op in azura's :(. It's just that I NEVER win an encounter like this. Best I can hope for is to run away or hold out till a random friendly arrives. Which is not really the spirit of solo roaming xD.

That is idd the thing why I keep dropping wings. They dont work sometimes. They cost a LOT. They only last 4 seconds or reflect 4 projectiles. Whichever happens first.

If they would make the skill cheaper (on account of it being ***) I would start using it more. But now... drains my mag faster then a poison and doesn't help me at all xD.

Im a vamp. So no xD. Tried running without vamp but you need mist form. Im always running bloodspawn becuase of the resist and ult regen (which I really need to sustain in azura)

Thanks for the help guys :).
    Edited by iseko on April 1, 2017 6:51AM
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Btw, you see it a LOT in azura. Stamblades/stamdk's with proc sets and poisons. Proc set + poison on a stam char for small scale in azura's is ridiculous.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well DKs have to best defence against projectiles in wings, but I rarely find I have space for it tbh.

You should use immovable pots, you'll win 1vX a lot more often it makes a huge difference.

Also I'd recommend seducer over lich on a DK, you don't want lich to proc when you need mist form or it's a waste. That's why I find seducer to be more consistent especially with how expensive the DK skills are