Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Farming VMA worth it before new Morrowind weapons?

ChaosWotan
ChaosWotan
✭✭✭✭✭
Guess "farming" is not the right word, since VMA is too painful for that, but with the RNG of VMA is it worth it to spend tons of hours getting sharpened weapons before a new gear grind starts when Morrowind is released?
  • Woopy
    Woopy
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt it, I think you're assuming Maelstrom will be rendered useless.. which it won't in any way - even if new/better weapons are released. Morrowind is still quite a bit away also, I don't see the point in just waiting for so long when you could atleast be working towards something to kill the time-gap.
    Heart of Ayanad [StamSorc]
    Soul of Ayanad [MagKnight]
    Aegis of Ayanad [MagPlar]
    Keeper of Ayanad [MagBlade]
    Shadow of Ayanad [MagSorc]
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a year pause from the game after the horrible IC gear grind in 2015, so if the rng is as bad as they say I really prefer not to get fed up by grinding again.

Hope they make the rng better, perhaps after Morrowind when they have to realise that nobody will endure nauseating grinding when the gear you get from VMA is no longer bis.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosWotan wrote: »
    with the RNG of VMA is it worth it to spend tons of hours getting sharpened weapons

"Getting" sharpened vMA weapons :D good one
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • ChaosWotan
    ChaosWotan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it says something about a game when the rng is so bad that you don't want to play it. Smart move, Zeni.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's hard to imagine what could outshine vma duals, to be honest.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what balance changes are made and what sets are released. I'd think ZOS would make a push toward the new gear released being 'better' than existing gear, but only time will tell.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosWotan wrote: »
    Guess "farming" is not the right word, since VMA is too painful for that, but with the RNG of VMA is it worth it to spend tons of hours getting sharpened weapons before a new gear grind starts when Morrowind is released?

Completely worth it, we're getting a trial, so expect 5pc bonuses. Also I would farm now incase they actually do nerf sustain. Don't make it more painful.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that Morrowind will have weapons that make VMA gear worthless? Sure. Maybe. But it's doubtful. If you're asking for pure speculation, then I'd say there is about a 0.01% chance of that happening. Your best bet is to wait until the new sets are released on PTS and see what's coming. With only 2 months til release, pts should be coming within a few weeks most likely.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS said they're fixing the MA Destruction Staff bug. Right now the enchant will essentially only work for one player even if multiple players in a group are casting Wall of Elements with an MA staff. Kind of useless in trials :/

With Morrowind they'll be BiS again. I would urge you to farm it, but *only* if you want the absolute min-maxed BiS gear for Magicka DPS.