The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My hopes with the buff tracker

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Okay for starters let me start by saying that I'm not a fan of the concept because it removes a skillful aspect of the game; which is mentally keeping track of your buffs, and your opponent's debuffs; and therefore incorporating buff trackers dumbs down the game's​ combat. Now instead of cognitively​ predicting on when we need to reapply x, y, and z; we simply have to just look down.

With that said buff trackers are here to stay since the majority want them so if I can't prevent them I would at least like to be able to adjust these variables:

1. Have a toggle on/off option for every single buff in the game. I really don't need to see every single buff I have on me, but say if there's a couple of abilities that are a bit shorter than the rest (I.e. Siphoning Attacks), then I could have it so that only that buff is tracked.
2. Allow us to adjust the size, and transparency of the icons.
3. Allow us to control U.I. placement. Having the icons hovering over our health bar shouldn't be the only option. What if we would prefer them on the left or right side of the screen?

For those interested in seeing what the buff tracker currently looks like I'll quote @NewBlacksmurf who was kind enough to post these images.
Photos for those asking from ESO Live

ggTtOWT.png

35VYwbe.png

If anyone has any further suggestions, please make them.
Edited by Strider_Roshin on April 1, 2017 12:49PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *non-constructive post*
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on April 1, 2017 12:50PM
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care. Buff trackers OP.

XBox NA
  • Tremors
    Tremors
    ✭✭✭
    Rip
    Passionfruit GM - PC NA
    Godslayer | Dawnbringer
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I miss something? When are consoles getting buff trackers?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhh, we console players will take whatever we can get as far as add ons...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one (can't remember the name) that allows you to mark the buffs you want, and track them with a bar timer. That isn't the only buff add-on out there.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a row of pictures above your resource bars. This is one thing I hated about the PC version, and now we're getting them on console. Now that they're coming I'm gonna have to use them. I just hope we can choose which buffs to track, but most likely not.

The PC version does not have innate buff tracking beyond the active effects section of the Character window. You must be thinking of an addon.
  • Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Uhh, we console players will take whatever we can get as far as add ons...

Agreed this is something we have been asking for how long?
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't look like a slot machine, and it appears to do the job. Bring on that buff tracker.

XBox NA
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    It's a row of pictures above your resource bars. This is one thing I hated about the PC version, and now we're getting them on console. Now that they're coming I'm gonna have to use them. I just hope we can choose which buffs to track, but most likely not.

The PC version does not have innate buff tracking beyond the active effects section of the Character window. You must be thinking of an addon.

I'm talking about add-ons, that's correct. I hated them when playing PC, but felt obligated to use them since in PvP I know my opponent's will be. Not having a buff tracker forced you to mentally keep track of your buffs, and your opponent has to as well. How well you mentally keep track of them is an aspect of combat that requires skill. ESO just got dumbed down once again. Hurray for thinking less! *sarcasm*
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, sees a brand new massively requested feature by the player base on a live stream showing you said feature still in development and not even on test.

Logs a conpletely uncontructive complaint without even asking a question to the devs or players who got to go use the feature.

Gold Star l, sir well played
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Wow, sees a brand new massively requested feature by the player base on a live stream showing you said feature still in development and not even on test.

Logs a conpletely uncontructive complaint without even asking a question to the devs or players who got to go use the feature.

Since reading isn't your strong suit, allow me to quote my suggestion for you.

I just hope we can choose which buffs to track

Edited by Strider_Roshin on April 1, 2017 12:47AM
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buff Trackers looks like crap.

Your right my reading comprehension is off.

Again good job with a highly requested, highly anticipated feature, still in beta.

Obviously not your strong suite;

EXAMPLE

Title;
    Request Regarging Preview of Buff Trackers
    Narrative
    Hey guys thanks for the preview of buff tracker. While some or very excited I would prefer not to have them on my screen. Is here any thought given to allowing us to turn them off completely or pick which buffs we want to track.

Thanks in advance.

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Strider_Roshin we agree on a lot of things but if you don't need buff trackers now and do just as good why are you against them. You will perform even better without the trackers. How are you forced to use them to stay competitive.
    Edited by KingJ on April 1, 2017 1:14AM
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again good job with a highly requested, highly anticipated feature, still in beta.

EXAMPLE

Title;
    Narrative
    Hey guys thanks for the preview of buff tracker. While some or very excited I would prefer not to have them on my screen. Is here any thought given to allowing us to turn them off completely or pick which buffs we want to track.

Thanks in advance.

Well we already know that it will be a toggle, OP is disappointed at a decrease in skill ceiling inherent to buff trackers and wishes for the option to only track certain buffs.. Basically you're just nitpicking, I can see that communications aren't your strong suit either. :p

I'd be very happy to be able to choose what buffs do and do not appear, that would set the ZOS buff tracker above our current modded ones on PC.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    @Strider_Roshin we agree on a lot of things but if you don't need buff trackers now and do just as good why are you against them. You will perform even better without the trackers. How are you forced to use them to stay competitive.

The concept just bothers me. Bringing out a buff tracker just so that people have to think less is intellectually insulting. And now we're going to have these tiles on our screen the whole time? It's not even aesthetically pleasing. I would feel at least a little better if we could choose which ones to shut off (I.e. food buff, major/minor endurance, minor/major savagery, etc.).
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

EXAMPLE

Title;
    Narrative

Thanks in advance.

Well we already know that it will be a toggle, OP is disappointed at a decrease in skill ceiling inherent to buff trackers and wishes for the option to only track certain buffs.. Basically you're just nitpicking, I can see that communications aren't your strong suit either. :p

I'd be very happy to be able to choose what buffs do and do not appear, that would set the ZOS buff tracker above our current modded ones on PC.

Lol no, as an EMT I'm typically very blunt, and can come off as abrasive. But for some reason people still like me, unless they're drunk or a drug seeker; then I'm not so nice :wink:
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EXAMPLE

Title;
    Narrative

Thanks in advance.

Lol no, as an EMT I'm typically very blunt, and can come off as abrasive. But for some reason people still like me, unless they're drunk or a drug seeker; then I'm not so nice :wink:

Oh I was referring to captain "write your posts this way" with that, certainly less presentable than your OP :p
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

EXAMPLE

Title;
    Narrative

Thanks in advance.

Oh I was referring to captain "write your posts this way" with that, certainly less presentable than your OP :p

Lol I honestly didn't even read his response. Didn't seem worth my time to be honest :lol:
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how this cooperates with the bar settings today? Would the buff/debug show only if affected or only when the bars show
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    People just complain to complain I swear....
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked Rich if there was more options than just on or off, he said yes. So hopefully we can choose what buffs to track etc.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I asked Rich if there was more options than just on or off, he said yes. So hopefully we can choose what buffs to track etc.

I'm looking forward to finding out! Thank you @MissBizz :smile:

@Vaoh could learn a thing or two from you.
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you people realize that MMOs going back to Everquest 1999 had buff Trackers!! Some of you are to young to remember or this is your first MMO. Everquest was a hardcore MMO that most of you today wouldn't be able to handle, you would rage quit!

Enough of the complaining already.

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone post screenshots of them please?
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just turned my add on off as I realised I only used it for cloak timer and figured I would just have to learn to count to 3.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what! Yay
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ggTtOWT.png

35VYwbe.png
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ggTtOWT.png

35VYwbe.png

Nice!

I am totally ok with this.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."