The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magplar cross heal dps build for pve

IrksomeSolid09
Was having a discussion about the sets I run with a guild mate. He told me my sets are horrible for pve. I don't think he was correct, and I would like to get some honest feedback.

2 Rattlecage
5 treasure hunter
3 rattlecage jewelry

character sheet
spell DMG 3080
Crit 62.7%

I believe I run shadow stone.

Currently working twords maelstrom resto, and D star destro to compliment build.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fine for a dungeon build because nobody wants to waste spell power pots in a dungeon, but for any thing endgame you want to drop rattle cage and just use spell power pots.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    yea the sorcery buff doesn't stack - so rattlecage is superfluous in raid situations where you're potioning.

You're better off with less spell dmg/ crit and more regen (atronauch mundus) for raid healing.
    Plus your gear does nothing to buff the party or debuff enemies like you'd have with sets like Worm, SPC and Mending ... there's still a place for infallible as well.

But the set is fine for 4 man content where you're healing and DPSing and using trash pots if anything.

What's your max magicka and recovery with this setup?

In vet trials, except in a few contexts, you're not really "cross heal DPSing" ... you're healing, or you're DPSing.
    It all depends on what you mean by "PvE" ... that could be anything from solo questing and delves (anything works), to 4 man normals (anything works), to 4 man vet (you have some flexibility here), to vDSA (might want to focus on one thing), to vMA (you'll be fine with whatever you're most comfortable with), to vMoL (you'll need to optimize).
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • IrksomeSolid09
    Thank you for the comments re optimized with Julian's and scathing mage for now.