Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

stamsorc sets?

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What sets are stamsorcs running now?
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still running viper/red mountain/stormfist
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Red Mountain seems to be made for stam sorc, as it's practically all weapon abilities.

With 2 weapon dots (easily done) it's like 30% per sec chance to proc it

I like fun builds that do well, so right now im runnin red mountain, eternal hunt, maw of the Infernal, bow dw

But I recommend bone pirate tatters
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would they make a stamina set that procs from weapon attacks but does elemental damage? That just seems odd
    PS4 / NA
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Red Mountain seems to be made for stam sorc, as it's practically all weapon abilities.

With 2 weapon dots (easily done) it's like 30% per sec chance to proc it

I like fun builds that do well, so right now im runnin red mountain, eternal hunt, maw of the Infernal, bow dw

But I recommend bone pirate tatters

Red mountain's damage is fire and as such does not benefit from a large stamina pool or CP points, also since proc sets can no longer crit, it's a very sub-optimal set and really has no place in PvE on a stamsorc and arguably no place on a stamsorc in PvP over a different 5-piece bonus. You'd do much better without it.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoops double post
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on March 31, 2017 9:12PM
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Drakkdjinn actually, on a dw pvp setup, red mountain is the best damage set to run (even with its inability to crit, before it was over the top). Flame damage hits vampires 25% harder and there are a ton of vampires in pvp. Also, it's proc rate is ridiculous on a dot build. It, along with a weapon damage set (such as fury), provides overwhelming pressure to opponents.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on March 31, 2017 10:07PM
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Drakkdjinn actually, on a dw pvp setup, red mountain is the best damage set to run (even with its inability to crit, before it was over the top). Flame damage hits vampires 25% harder and there are a ton of vampires in pvp. Also, it's proc rate is ridiculous on a dot build. It along with a weapon damage set such as fury provides overwhelming pressure to opponents.

Hey Speed!

Thanks for your comment - I had not considered this for sure - so the set is indeed optimal assuming you're attacking a vampire? My thought though would be - wouldn't it be better to run a set that scales with your resource against everyone regardless of whether or not they're vamp? Yeah there are a lot of vamps but its not 100% of the pvp population by a longshot -- with dawnbreaker and fire enchants I would think there's a lot in a stamsorc's PvP toolkit to deal with them already. No?
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Drakkdjinn a common example to use is viper. Viper is better to use on most builds because it scales with the stamina character's champion points. However, on a dot stamina sorcerer build, red mountain is better to use because it will proc about twice as frequently as viper. So even though it will do a little less damage per hit (~25% with mighty on a non vamp, similar damage on vampires), the double proc rate will make red mountain total damage surpass viper damage by a long shot.
    To sum it up, red mountain will outperform viper on a dual wield Stam sorc even against non vamps. (especially a dw/bow setup using poison inject dot)
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    PvE BiS currently is:

5 pc twice fanged serpent (drops in Sanctum)
    5 pc vicious ophidian
    2 pc Velidreth
    Maelstrom bow back bar / daggers front bar or 1 dagger 1 axe if your crit is high enough.

Can run Night Mother's Gaze instead of twice fanged, but you should then use 2 pc Kragh's instead of 2 pc Veli

Spriggans, Viper, Red Mountain, Hundings, even Alkosh, etc... are all good to decent sets with the class as well.

Master's bow > Maelstrom bow for PvP.
    2h > dw for pvp - or 2h with DW and no bow.

Spriggans / Viper / Veli might be BiS for PvP - but not I'm not 100% as I rarely PvP my stamsorc. Maybe black rose if you go heavy? Not sure...
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is selene's not better than veli? Velidreth misses constantly.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Veli is dmg done, Selene is direct damage. Aka, will not proc on dots, or flurry etc, I think this is why

Technically both can be avoided, veli gives more weapon dmg than selene gives stam,

Im just assuming, for me I preferred Veli just cuz it procs on flurry
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Veli is dmg done, Selene is direct damage. Aka, will not proc on dots, or flurry etc, I think this is why

Technically both can be avoided, veli gives more weapon dmg than selene gives stam,

Im just assuming, for me I preferred Veli just cuz it procs on flurry

I'm talking about just straight up missing, not people actively dodging. I'm always weaving heavy so im doing enough direct to keep selenes proc'd.

When I use veli unless it triggers while I'm using an attack that lines me up with the target at point blank the projectile will fly past everything. The side projectiles hit maybe 10% of the time.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about storm fist?
    PS4 / NA
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    What about storm fist?

better for aoe, worse for single target
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are peoples' opinions on Toothrow? I'm currently using it + NMG + Kragh on my stamsorc while looking for groups to get that VO gear.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »
    What are peoples' opinions on Toothrow? I'm currently using it + NMG + Kragh on my stamsorc while looking for groups to get that VO gear.

I use it, with storm fist, aglity and vMA weapons, I like it because I am cheap and don't use pots other then the trash stam pots that bosses drop. Got to double bar bound armor, that is why this set is good for the class, as far as I see. Other then that it is a bad set if you are looking to do the best dps. Still get around 35k stam, 3.1k WD unbuffed, with 77% crit (two vMA daggers, one sharpened, one precise). Only get around 28k dps on bosses that I get 30k+ with my stamblade and my stamplar.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 2, 2017 6:11AM
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about storm fist?

Storm fist is a little more versatile but yea its an issue with bosses who move allot.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about storm fist?

But has good potential for pulverize\desintegrate proc as it ticks
    Edited by Stannum on April 3, 2017 6:47AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use storm fist cause it looks cool.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 3, 2017 6:58AM
  • Lexifer452
    Lexifer452
    ✭✭
    I run five hunding's five two fanged serpent at the moment. Still need VO jewelry then i'll probably swap out two fanged for vicious ophidian. I use hunting's primarily because I play magicka tons most often and hunding's is the set I upgraded to gold a long time ago. Don't play stamina dps enough to justify golding out another stam set but it works fine for me as a base. Probably not best in slot though. Only play stamina in over content btw. Can only stand pvp on magicka builds.

There is not a ton of diversity in gear setups these days though there is considerably more than there used to be, say a year ago. I would recommend trying out various sets you have access to and seeing which you like best for your playstyle. Suggestions made here already by others are a good starting point though.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the strength of the automaton set? Just came across it, adds 400 weapon damage to your physical abilities. I assume that would boost hurricane, dual wield abilities, endless hail, and caltrops?

That might pair really well with powerful assault
    Edited by Lynx7386 on April 3, 2017 3:23PM
    PS4 / NA
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the strength of the automaton set? Just came across it, adds 400 weapon damage to your physical abilities. I assume that would boost hurricane, dual wield abilities, endless hail, and caltrops?

That might pair really well with powerful assault

I think endless hail is poison damage, and the thing about automaton is that damage doesn't help with heals and isn't buffed by brutality. It's still a good set don't get me wrong, it depends on what you're trying to do/build for
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both hail morphs are physical if I recall correctly. One used to be fire but was changed.

I wasn't aware that it didn't get boosted by brutality though, that's disappointing.
    PS4 / NA